Term V Nomination Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnelos
    Cool, the de facto AND de jure "leader" of the DIA (Thud) -vs- the de facto leader of the Hawks (Duddha).

(I think jdd2007 is still the de jure leader of the Hawks, but I think everyone recognizes that Duddha has been the primary - and even at times eloquent - proponent of the Hawk perspective ).

This should be an interesting race, no?
    ....Duddha is the Hawk leader? Ok....sure....

Well, I was asked to be some time back......perhaps I should?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
      Cool, the de facto AND de jure "leader" of the DIA (Thud) -vs- the de facto leader of the Hawks (Duddha).

(I think jdd2007 is still the de jure leader of the Hawks, but I think everyone recognizes that Duddha has been the primary - and even at times eloquent - proponent of the Hawk perspective ).

This should be an interesting race, no?
      ow.

Duddha is the Vice-Chairman of the Hawks and one its strongest advocates, but if anyone was the 'de facto' leader of our lovely party, UberKruX is your man, with all due respect to Duddha.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

....Duddha is the Hawk leader? Ok....sure....

Well, I was asked to be some time back......perhaps I should?
        i would step down as chairman if you wanted the position...

Comment

My comment was mearly commending Duddha's ability to hold himself well in an argument and his propensity to be the first Hawk who interjects himself into an argument. I respect that.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007

ow.

Duddha is the Vice-Chairman of the Hawks and one its strongest advocates, but if anyone was the 'de facto' leader of our lovely party, UberKruX is your man, with all due respect to Duddha.
            /me goes to look up "de facto"...

Exercising power or serving a function without being legally or officially established

oh, alright

i'm honestly beginning to think these new players in the demogame don't know a lot about me and to think i was one of the "most influentual ancient apolytonians", or something.

oh well. i'm going to have to come back soon and stir things up again
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

i'm honestly beginning to think these new players in the demogame don't know a lot about me and to think i was one of the "most influentual ancient apolytonians", or something.
              You can thank the Hawk propoganda machine for that.
              Duddha: I will return...
              Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
              "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
              Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha

You can thank the Hawk propoganda machine for that.

YOU FOOL! QUICKLY! HIDE THE DEVICE!
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

I must say, it IS nice to see UberKrux back into the swing of things.

Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough? OK. Time to go start making trouble on the boards...
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough?
                    Unortho's brothel opens sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough? OK. Time to go start making trouble on the boards...
                      Not at all what I'm saying. You will note that I specifically paid homage to your particular brand of incidiary rhetoric in one of my more recent posts in the now imfamous (and latest) "republic" thread - I even cited you as the source for my style. It's the post where I'm responding to the leader of your party whining about being "labeled" .
                      Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002, 13:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

The Uber's Avatar is hypnotizing me... Yes, Master... Uber for Prez... and for VP... and SMC... and...

Seriously, I would like to see Uber in the next term.

UnOrthO, see your inbox!
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro
                          Seriously, I would like to see Uber in the next term.
                          Ditto .

-- adaMada
                          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

• There is Danger afoot!

Gentlemen:

It becomes clear that a cabal, lead by outlaws, men sent into exile for their scandalous words against the government, seek to destroy our system an install a military dictatorship! Members of the government may be involved, though we know not which ones. Even though they advocate a militaristic path, the may even be at work with the republican scum! Can we allow such an attack on our system! Perhaps these coming 'elections' for the estates should be cancelled, to avoid possible violence or disturbances.

I have only run once, and I don't think I will be running for this election either, unless some sort of geographical naming group or sub-group is created... Then I want that job! . I also offer my services to whomever wins FM.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Re: There is Danger afoot!

Originally posted by GePap

Gentlemen:

It becomes clear that a cabal, lead by outlaws, men sent into exile for their scandalous words against the government, seek to destroy our system an install a military dictatorship! Members of the government may be involved, though we know not which ones. Even though they advocate a militaristic path, the may even be at work with the republican scum! Can we allow such an attack on our system! Perhaps these coming 'elections' for the estates should be cancelled, to avoid possible violence or disturbances.
                              [roleplay]

And you call yourself a "builder"... pfft!

[/roleplay]

Comment

• Is no one running for UN Rep? I'll do it if no one else will, but it was a wanted position before, and it sounds like you can do that as well as something else -- I'm shocked that no one's shown any interest.

I guess I'll go take a look at their forums and decide if it's something I want to do.

-- adaMada
                                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                                X