• Show
Clear All

• Term V Nomination Thread.

Go ahead an sign up folks!

Executives:
    President:

Ninot (Independent)
    WhiteBandit (Independent)
    MrWhereItsAt (Anarchist(jk for us old timers))

Vice President:

Arnelos (DIA)

Ministers:

Military:

Aggie (Independant)

Economy:

Reddawg

Science:

Duddha (Hawk)
    Thud (DIA)
    ThePlagueRat (Independant)

Foreign Affairs:

Nimitz (DIA)
    Togas (Independent)

City Planner:

E_T (??)
    Zeit (Independent)
    HistoryGuy (Hawk)

Public Works:

Ghenghis Farb (Independent)

Imperial Expansion:

Meshelic (Hawk)
    Apocalypse (Independant)
    Jonny (Independant)

Unofficial Positions:

UN Representative: (1BC board)

Apoclypse?

You have until the 12th to sign up.

UN Rep. It is not in the CoL, so it cannot be official. There is no reason you cannot do that job AND a Minister job if you want.
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 10, 2002, 16:03.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I want to run up to the CP post, and also the PW, can i do that (be nominated to two offices)?
    Save the rainforests!
    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Judges?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm running again. I love this job and I'd love to continue to serve as the Foreign Minister.

--Togas
        Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
        Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
        Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
        Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I support Togas.
          I'm glad to see zeit running, too...
          Shiber, AdaMada, Gepap, Arnelos... Hey, guys, you should run for something! Shiber, Togas is running for Foreign Minister, you could run for Economy, for instance...
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

There is nothing in te CoL that says some one can not run for two positions, however, and I believe people have, in the oast run for two positions. Howver, I do not beleive one person can hold two positions, according to the CoL, so you may want to pick one (the one you have best chance of winning) and leave it at that.
            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

i DEFINATELY remember not being able to run for Foriegn Minister and SMC at the same time, but that was the DIA government telling me that.

oh well.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

although the revolution hasn't happened yet

the city planner and PW mininster should be localized to provinces.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Aro, thanks for the compliment but I'm afraid RL is just too demanding. In January 2003 however I will be free from most of my commitments for a long period of time during which I intend to run.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

did we decide if the term limits apply for the whole game or only CONSECUTIVE terms?

Comment

consecutive only.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm under the impression that TL only apply for one term uber. However I never saw anything formal about that.
                        Does this mean you are considering an SMC run. If you did that could lead to a fun election, though I don't know if I want to run against a legend. Then again why not. Though if one of us ran for something else we could have 2 people in the gov of a more military oriented mindset.
                        Aggie
                        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence and, thankfully, my availability is different than Shriber's, but it still worries me a wee bit:

Running up to the U.S. elections on November 5, it's likely I'm going to become more busy than I am right now (as I'm pretty free at the moment).

After November 5, I'm likely to be VERY free immediately, though I'm planning to make a trip out to Arizona for at least a weekend, if not a full week, to visit the community I served as leader for the last 2 years or more of my college experience (*sniff*, *sniff*, found memories).

As for after that, well it doesn't really affect the upcoming term . I have some pretty good ideas of what my time situation might look like after that, but I have multiple options at that point - so I really don't know .

So that's my time situation... I haven't really thought about which offices are more or less appealing to me and I hadn't even seriously considered running until Aro suggested it (really, honest!). I'd be most worried about running for a position, getting it, and then finding I needed to take time off as we get closer to the first week of November. It's likely, because I'm just a worker, that I won't be so busy that I won't have time for this - but I really don't know for sure yet.

So I'll have to think about the various positions and get back to you on my thoughts...
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                            I'm under the impression that TL only apply for one term uber. However I never saw anything formal about that.
                            Does this mean you are considering an SMC run. If you did that could lead to a fun election, though I don't know if I want to run against a legend. Then again why not. Though if one of us ran for something else we could have 2 people in the gov of a more military oriented mindset.
                            Aggie
                            you're a great SMC aggie, I wouldn't dare run against you

after your done however

it might be funny to have a City Planner who only builds military units

Comment

Foreign Minister For me

Well Togas I'm running against you again hehehe.
                              Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                              Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                              President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Working...
                              X