Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

adaMADA FOR VP!!!!

No, I am not running for anything. I think I will focus on the Gazette expansion project over the next term
    I came VERY close to putting VP on the no-run list too, but I thought I'd see who's running for Pres. first -- I'd have a really hard time playing the game, but if it's someone who anticipates being able to play the game by themselves, them I might consider it.

UnOrthO, what about the directory? Want to PM about it a bit? Does it go into the hands of the next VP (assuming that I was standing in for Apoc), back to you? Do I keep doing it for another term? What are your thoughts...

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I'll sign up for minister of science.
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

hmmm... seems to be my best options are Public Works (especially since I already have a platform upon which to oppose GF ) and Imperial Expansion (since GF, the incumbent, isn't running )...
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
          hmmm... seems to be my best options are Public Works (especially since I already have a platform upon which to oppose GF )
          You mean you ACTUALLY want to keep the jungle? What drugs are you on again?

Comment

Hey guys, i'm sorry if there seems to be a problem with me running to both posts. So, whoever is registering all the nomination (UnOrthOdOx?) just erase my name from the PW nomination, i'll stick with the CP for this round.
            Save the rainforests!
            Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

bhah I wanted to start this thread.

Only so that I could put people down for things they hadn't agreed to run for.

UnOr in a few days if there is no one down for certain positions I'll tell you who we nominate.
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

You mean you ACTUALLY want to keep the jungle? What drugs are you on again?
                I just wrote something of an argument to answer that question. I *was* going to post it, but I just decided (just in case I do run) that it would be better to develop arguments now and share them during the actual campaign .

My political instinct just tells me you're overly zelous, that's all When looking for which office to run for - something I've done before in my life - surveying for potential vulnerabilities in the competition is part of the game . It's not setting the goal of getting rid of the jungle I disagree with you on, it's how you've chosen to prioritize it (at least for now). Of course, your ideas will change as you get closer to the election and I might drop even thinking about running against you for the simple reason that you may become too strong of a candidate .

But when you're the poor man looking in rather than the rich man looking out, you check out every potential weakness in the walls of the fortress as you can .

Your suggestion of me running for Imperial Expansion is also a possibility, so we'll see. And if I don't run against you for Public Works, I'll certainly do my hardest to convince you of my point of view so the person who is running perhaps agrees with me by the time they take office .

Comment

Ok, I here by announce that I will run once again for SMC.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                    bhah I wanted to start this thread.

Only so that I could put people down for things they hadn't agreed to run for.

UnOr in a few days if there is no one down for certain positions I'll tell you who we nominate.
                    The most critical information of all is that everyone needs to know which incumbents are running for re-election. It would be nice if all of the incumbents would comment on whether they are running for re-election of their currently held posts...

THEN give everyone a few days to decide what they're running for upon having a much better idea of the field .

Comment

Aggie you're a shoo-in, so much so that you'd be elected even if you didn't announce you were running, lol. No one wants to get rid of a winning SMC.
                      Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                      Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                      Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                      Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                        My political instinct just tells me you're overly zelous, that's all When looking for which office to run for - something I've done before in my life - surveying for potential vulnerabilities in the competition is part of the game .
                        I chose to run for PW because WhiteBandit hinted he wasn't going to run for it this term and it was one of the areas I feel is important right now, especially as many are considering a GA and that would generate extra benefits from developed tiles.

I chose to run for Ministry of Imperial Expansion last term because there were going to be a huge amount of sites needing to be chosen and I felt it was an important position. This term there will not be near as many cities needing to be built.

Now, as to your opinion that I am "overzealous" and incapable of doing the job. Well, you are entitled to your opinion and you are certainly welcome to run against me. It has nothing to do with my thinking WhiteBandit is weak, I simply believe he is tired of the position and wants to run for something else and I want to be doing something beneficial to the game as a whole. Aggie is doing a far better job at SMC than I could and there is no way in heck that I want to have to right down every tile utilized and compute what at which turn production will be changed for every city in our Empire (so that takes CP out).

So, since you have expressed the opinion that you feel I am an utter moron and incapable of doing the job of PW or even completing any intelligible thought I will not count on your vote in this election.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddawg
                          Aggie you're a shoo-in, so much so that you'd be elected even if you didn't announce you were running, lol. No one wants to get rid of a winning SMC.
                          except the DIA... or was that before your time?

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            except the DIA... or was that before your time?

I'm getting excited now. It can't just be a coincidence that UK resurfaces around election time.

Also UnOr put UnOrthOdOx down for VP.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD

I'm getting excited now. It can't just be a coincidence that UK resurfaces around election time.

Also UnOr put UnOrthOdOx down for VP.
                              Yes, and put OPD down for every office.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddawg
                                [roleplay]

Indeed, the only problem with Aggie is that we have to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't try to become Apolytonia's version of Catiline or Caesar or Napoleon. I pray that Aggie is more the Cinncinatus than the Caesar...

Though he is well-loved, this is precisely why he will be watched closely...

[/roleplay]

Go Aggie for SMC!

Comment

Working...
                                X