Term V Nomination Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot

are we so sure MarkG will be happy about his mod potentially being changed monthly?
    Dunno -- I asked in the other thread, and he hasn't answered since the day he started the thread :-\...

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Perhaps a suitable emissary should be selected to PM the g0dz with our most humble request for counsel?
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Yeah, ada, go ahead and point them to the questions when you DO THE NEWZUPDATE!!!!
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Anyone could do it, really.

If I was mod before the elections, I'd be able to both start the election threads then immediately top them.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Anyone could do it, really.

If I was mod before the elections, I'd be able to both start the election threads then immediately top them.
            Why not get started, then?
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Don't worry UnOrthO, I haven't forgotten about the NewzUpdate -- I'm gonna do it and send it in tomorrow or Sunday, so I can get the newest Gazette in (assuming you plan to do a weekend issue of the Gazette -- if not, just let me know). Assuming that Markos isn't threatening bannishment and asking for it now, that is .

Do I send it to MarkG, DanQ, or you?

I may PM MarkG about it if no one else says they have... Just to tell him that we'd like his guidance . Anyone have any objections to me being the poor fool?

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

By "Anyone could do it, really" I was refering to pming Markos. I wouldn't suggest anyone who was suggested for being a mod do it because if you ask to be a mod, you won't be one.
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Apoc,
                  I'm gonna PM him and ask for his guidence on the selection process. If that disqualifies me from ever being a mod, so be it -- the game will benefit once we have a mod, and that's the most important consideration in this matter. To be honest, I'm still all for unilaturally appointing you so we have someone for now and perhaps doing elections in the future -- I don't think anyone can accuse me of self interest in this matter .

-- adaMada
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

ada, it wouldn't disqualify you since you want someone else to be mod first.

Comment

Apoc,
                      Sorry, I posted my last post wayy to quick. I didn't mean to imply that you were saying that that anyone was acting in self interest -- you were clearly clarifying your earlier post.

I will not include my stance in any PM I send, but here it is (for the record)
                      * Apoc should be appointed for now.
                      * I would like to do it at some point, but am in no hurry whatsoever.
                      * I think Ministers/Executives should be allowed to also be Mods.
                      * I honestly don't care if there's an election, if Markos consults with the regulars he knows and trusts, past presidents, the court, or anyone else that follows the game and picks based on that. Election sin term limits seems like the most democratic choice, but it is Mark/Dan's site, and I won't lie and say that I'd want to leave the decision to whoever decides to come and vote.

Basically, I'm just going to PM Mark and make sure he remembers about it. I won't push him and won't try to reccomend myself or anyone else for the job unless he asks my opinion -- I'm not trying to sell him on anything, just making sure he hasn't forgotten, since I don't think he follows these forums.

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Well, anyway...

Thud would make an decent VP. He should run. He is experienced enough now. Duddha would be a fine Science Minister as long as he continues Area 25 threads.

Comment

Apoc would be a very good choice for mod, and I don't think changing the person in the position suits the style of the owners of the site.

I think they want someone who can be here, day in and day out so that they do not have to be as involved with this forum. Changing mods is hassle for them. They do not want hassle.

Apoc is a good choice because he has done it before. He knows what the commitment entails, so he would be unlikely to disappoint.

And I do not think being the mod should preclude holding any other position. The two are not related. Being a mod is being a member of the staff of the site. Is there a rule precluding a member of the staff from participating? Would we tell Ming he could not run for office?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            Would we tell Ming he could not run for office?
                            I wouldn't advise "telling" Ming anything, unless you're ratting on someone who's gone over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

[roleplay]

Indeed, the only problem with Aggie is that we have to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't try to become Apolytonia's version of Catiline or Caesar or Napoleon. I pray that Aggie is more the Cinncinatus than the Caesar...

Though he is well-loved, this is precisely why he will be watched closely...

[/roleplay]

Go Aggie for SMC!

these new Apolytonians don't know their folklore! WHERE ARE THE HISTORIANS?
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

We did away with that position because it was boring and people like the Gazette better.

Comment

Working...
                                X