No announcement yet.

Term V Nomination Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me is very glad we have another week to think about this...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I chose to run for PW because WhiteBandit hinted he wasn't going to run for it this term and it was one of the areas I feel is important right now, especially as many are considering a GA and that would generate extra benefits from developed tiles.

I chose to run for Ministry of Imperial Expansion last term because there were going to be a huge amount of sites needing to be chosen and I felt it was an important position. This term there will not be near as many cities needing to be built.

Now, as to your opinion that I am "overzealous" and incapable of doing the job. Well, you are entitled to your opinion and you are certainly welcome to run against me. It has nothing to do with my thinking WhiteBandit is weak, I simply believe he is tired of the position and wants to run for something else and I want to be doing something beneficial to the game as a whole. Aggie is doing a far better job at SMC than I could and there is no way in heck that I want to have to right down every tile utilized and compute what at which turn production will be changed for every city in our Empire (so that takes CP out).

So, since you have expressed the opinion that you feel I am an utter moron and incapable of doing the job of PW or even completing any intelligible thought I will not count on your vote in this election.
      Now now now... I have suggested nothing of the sort. You are not a "moron" and I have not suggested that you are - in fact, to so quickly accuse me of doing so is quite an overreaction. Rather, as I stated, you are quite likely to be a formidable candidate for the office and I specifically stated that it was quite possible I'd have to determine you were far too formidable for me to hope to run against.

That stated, it must be kept in mind that staking out an opinion on any area of policy automatically makes you vulnerable to criticism of that opinion. This says nothing about your competence or intelligence, mearly that stating your opinion opens the possibility that others may not fully agree with it and that lack of full agreement may lead to political opposition. For instance, it is my opinion that neither the "left" nor the "right" in RL politics is particularly "wrong" or "right", but rather that they propose two different strategies (or variations on the same strategy) which different people find more conducive than others.

So, in short, any insinuation that I am assaulting your character is wholly out of place here - to assert that I have so quickly is quite rash. I honestly think you're a fabulous player. That being said, in any political contest, competitors will seek weakness in their opponents where-ever they can find it. The odd thing about this process is that your strengths can become weaknesses, but your weaknesses can also be strengths....

So I have great respect for you, which is precisely why I believe it would be difficult to build the case I'd need to run. That said, your comment caught my eye because it created the potential for a political opposition to your zealousness (though it also creates potential for a strong following - which is my point here ).

I hope I've made myself clear...
      Last edited by Arnelos; October 4, 2002, 22:06.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
        For instance, it is my opinion that neither the "left" nor the "right" in RL politics is particularly "wrong" or "right", but rather that they propose two different strategies (or variations on the same strategy) which different people find more conducive than others.
        It is my opinion that the "Left" and the "Right" are often times far more concerned with being "Left" or "Right" than being right or wrong.

Ewww, that's good, that's probably something from one of those quotation books or something.

Comment

I edited that last post slightly.

Comment

Here's a quote to think on (one the warmongers would do well to consider more often, btw... ):

"The side that knows when to fight and when not will take the victory. There are roadways not to be traveled, armies not to be attacked, walled cities not to be assaulted."
            - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(indeed, a line I'm contemplating myself )

Comment

I love election time.

OPD looks at MWIA

MWIA looks at OPD

OPD shakes his head
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                I love election time.

OPD looks at MWIA

MWIA looks at OPD

OPD shakes his head
                Are you running for President again or what?

I thought WhiteBandit said he was going to run for VP.

Comment

I'll run for IE for some odd reason I don't become mod and no one else want the position.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words and let me assure you that the knights entering apolyton are there "just in case of trouble". By the way this election season looks like it is has potential for some great races.
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                      Thank you all for the kind words and let me assure you that the knights entering apolyton are there "just in case of trouble".
                      Aggie
                      You've got my full support as SMC -- he's done a great job this term and last, and I hope he'll continue into the future.

Apoc, are you sure you're not gonna be mod? Markos hasn't replied on the issue at all AFAIK, and maybe someone should PM him to make sure he hasn't forgotten about us? Also, if he wants it elected, we might as well make it part of these elections (I'd propose it being under the same terms that the Ambassador is, since it's also not specified in the CoL and seems to make the most sense there).

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I'm just say if I don't become mod. It might be a very real possibility. Maybe someone should pm Markos about this anyway. I'd do it but it'd cramp my style.
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada

You've got my full support as SMC -- he's done a great job this term and last, and I hope he'll continue into the future.

Apoc, are you sure you're not gonna be mod? Markos hasn't replied on the issue at all AFAIK, and maybe someone should PM him to make sure he hasn't forgotten about us? Also, if he wants it elected, we might as well make it part of these elections (I'd propose it being under the same terms that the Ambassador is, since it's also not specified in the CoL and seems to make the most sense there).

-- adaMada
                          are we so sure MarkG will be happy about his mod potentially being changed monthly?
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I wouldn't assume what Markos wants. That is what got him upset with me a few weeks ago.

Comment

Ninot and Apoc both have good points there...

I humbly suggest that perhaps we should leave open (for now) how long the period is for mod's tenure and ask for counsel from the face of g0d known as "MarkG" on this matter of how to best remain in his good graces on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                                Here's a quote to think on (one the warmongers would do well to consider more often, btw... ):

"The side that knows when to fight and when not will take the victory. There are roadways not to be traveled, armies not to be attacked, walled cities not to be assaulted."
                                - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(indeed, a line I'm contemplating myself )
                                I see it is time for the Monthly quotation of chinese philosophy. So, to quote the man whom Sun Tzu use as a reference:

"The truth is not always beautiful,
                                nor beautiful words the truth. " -Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
                                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X