Persia, China...who's next??
Now where was I? Oh yeah, Persia had just declared war on me so I opened up a can of whoop a$$ and destroyed them as fast as my Jaguar Warr-...uh...Gallic Swordsmen would conquer their cities. Once I got them down to 1 coastal in the midst of jungle city, I called 'em up on the phone, uh, I mean I sent an advisor to their last city and said I'll give you peace for your map and the knowledge of construction, they agreed, and we won't hear much from the Persians for a while.
Now where was I? Oh yeah, Persia had just declared war on me so I opened up a can of whoop a$$ and destroyed them as fast as my Jaguar Warr-...uh...Gallic Swordsmen would conquer their cities. Once I got them down to 1 coastal in the midst of jungle city, I called 'em up on the phone, uh, I mean I sent an advisor to their last city and said I'll give you peace for your map and the knowledge of construction, they agreed, and we won't hear much from the Persians for a while.
) and Russia nabbed the Oracle. We ponder for a moment wondering where these societies might be then forget about it and tell China, "okay, you've settled enough cities, time for me to take back the land I loaned ya."
After releiving China from ruling our cities, we sue for peace and just look at the deal they give us leaving China with just one city on the island they settled for us 
I tested this by comparing enemy and netural civ attitudes in three diffeent circumstances: (1) 5-turn war with an autoraze; (2) 5-turn war with a city capture (no raze); and (3) 5-turn war with a deliberate raze (not an auto-raze). The auto-raze and deliberate raze games resulted in more or less identical attitude adjustments. The capture game resulted in significantly less attitude deterioration in the enemy (and the slight [-1] improvement in neutral civ attitude). Absent compelling evidence that reputation is treated differently (i.e., difference in degree of rep hit if deliberate raze or auto-raze), I'd guess auto-razing is treated just like razing for purposes of reputation as well (assuming that there is actually a discrete reputation effect wrt razing).
), or the Firaxis team mst be convinced that they are addressing game balance issues somehow.
Comment