Apolyton University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W4r_Machine
    Number 1 is just a tamer version of number 2, but I'm interested to see how this would work. We stop researching just before we hit the Industrial Age and we refuse any trade deals envolving tech from that era. Is that how it would work or what?
    Yes. You aren't allowed to enter the industrial age, but the AI is. Actually, this is about a conquest of your own continent with Archers, Swordsmen, Horsemen and Knights, and of the other continents with Knights and Cavalry. If you wait too long, the AI will have Riflemen or even Infantries, and your job gets harder and harder. It's for ultra-warmongers.

Comment

Just catching up on my reading here....agreed. Three concurrent games is prolly one too many. I'll finish up my work on MT V, and not take that series any further. But...I think we stand a good chance of sending the MT series off with a bang....

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Yes. You aren't allowed to enter the industrial age, but the AI is. Actually, this is about a conquest of your own continent with Archers, Swordsmen, Horsemen and Knights, and of the other continents with Knights and Cavalry. If you wait too long, the AI will have Riflemen or even Infantries, and your job gets harder and harder. It's for ultra-warmongers.
        Gotcha!

I'm gonna start practcing on a tiny Map to see how far I could go before crashing and burning

All AU games are on Emperor...yes?
        Janitor, janitor
        scrub in vein
        for the $h1t house poet
        have struck again

Comment

As far as I know, Monarch and Emperor are the AU difficulty levels.

Comment

AU 103

Originally posted by Arrian
            Theseus asked my opinion for the next AU, and I'll tell you what I told him:

I want a low-landmass archipelago, w/less than max civs (standard/arch/80%, 5 rivals). I've been toying with those settings lately.

-Arrian
            Which theme?

Do we dare play... ENGLISH??!!

8. Naval Power

Goal: Rule the seas. Must build AND use at least 1 of every naval unit until the win. Must build at least 10 Privateers. Gold star for innovative use of MoWs, subs, blockades & interdiction.

Settings: Standard, archipelago, 70% water, 7 civs, temperate, dry, restless, Emperor. All win types.

Civ: English

Notes: Hmmm, if you rule the seas, what does that mean for intercontinental invasions?

I'm fine with replacing the settings with Arrian's. I would also, in this case, suggest leaving cultural settings on.

Any takers?
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

*Nerd alexman can't wait for class to start*

I would suggest these opponents:

The French, to test the new Musketeer stats, and to make sure last game's dominance was not a fluke. See if you can invade these guys in the middle ages!

The Romans, to see if they manage to get any culture with the new build preferences, or if they melt away as usual.

The Greeks, who are the French of ancient times (difficult to invade).

The Babylonians. To get a religious opponent. Don't invade them unless you match their culture!

Comment

Interesting selections... need one more (Arrian said 5 rivals).

On another note, that will make 4 out of 6 civs commercial!
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Well lets make the last civ India then!

No, seriously, I thought commercial would be good for this map, since there will be more corruption (less civs = more cities per civ, and archipelago = more distance between cities).

I was joking about India - I had enough of Ghandi from last game. I can't think of a good reason to choose another civ. The Zulu perhaps? To see if just adding production without culture helps them at all.

Comment

Hmmm...

I'm looking less at the build pref. changes, and more at the UUs. You've got 3 strooong defenders... how about an attacker?

Persia?

Comment

Why not the Persians? Struggling against their immortals in a close start would be fun, especially if we play England.

Or, if you want a more peaceful civ, we could take on the Americans. Since they are exp. on an archipelago map, they will get to map making pretty fast and then swarm almost everywhere...

Your choice, I'll play either!!

--Kon--
                      Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Good point... we should have at least one expansionist civ given the map.

Comment

Actually, Zulu might be cool, although "Ah pity da poor fool" Impis who have to take on Rome and Greece.

Comment

An expansionist/militarist on an archipelago map? Are you kidding, Theseus? The Zulus would be absolutely doomed, as both traits are godawful bad on island maps.

Comment

Uh, sorry, don't know where my head was.

Comment

The Americans, not the Zulu.

I shudder at the thought of playing the English. I know, I know, this is the type of map they were supposedly made for. But I've found that the French excel on archipelago maps. I just finished such a game (me France vs. England, India, Egypt, America, Persia).

But it's supposed to be hard, I guess. But if we're playing the English, I humbly request that we drop down to Monarch.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X