No announcement yet.

de Historibus Europae PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Starvation in the Spanish Netherlands!

In the year of our lord, fifteen thousand and twenty-four, Danish knights made our first probes against the Spanish aggressors. The very ruthless men that had perpetrated the 1520 Stockholm Bloodbath were hand-picked for the mission of pillaging crops in the Spanish Netherlands, to starve men, women, and children alike into submission. A full four squares of farmland have been razed to ashes, and the rampage will continue indefinitely. Judging by pre-war intelligence (knowledge of the Spanish garrisons from SP play), our troops will remain unchallenged in this mission for years.

Meanwhile, our fleet has almost completely mobilized to sink any so-called 'armada' before it ever reaches the Netherlands, and cannon are being built by the hundreds. We have no idea why Spain chose this hopeless course. We ask for no Spanish or Austrian territory, only a hand in administration of the Holy Roman Empire. You have too much to lose in denying us this, and nothing to gain.

Danes_1524.net
    Last edited by Darius871; May 25, 2003, 09:51.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Bump El
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• El forget about what we were planning, it depends on a decision Henrik's going to make and I haven't seen him.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• Que? MEH

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
            it depends on a decision Henrik's going to make and I haven't seen him.

No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• On whether or not techs can be gifted to the Turks (and if so, which), remember? As the scenario creator it's your call, so what is it?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• All techs but the religious ones in that case.

With other words these are forbidden:
                Christianity, Protestantism, Counter Reformation (or is it called Catholicism?), any other religiously named techs I might've forgotten.

The same goes for turkey btw, they may not gift anyone their islamic techs (and normall they can't either).

Comment

• Stupid question, but I'm assuming that the religious techs are also government techs?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

• bump the infidel ottomans ;-)

Comment

Stupid question, but I'm assuming that the religious techs are also government techs?
                      That's right

Comment

• Originally posted by Henrik
                        All techs but the religious ones in that case.

With other words these are forbidden:
                        Christianity, Protestantism, Counter Reformation (or is it called Catholicism?), any other religiously named techs I might've forgotten.

The same goes for turkey btw, they may not gift anyone their islamic techs (and normall they can't either).
                        Henrik I did not see anything in the "Players Notes" about this. Maybe we should include it? Just a thought.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• But I need new government damnit! If the Christians will bring new government which is more efficient, I will convert, damnit.

Comment

• I guess we gotta be realistic. I'll try to make up for your despotism with gold...
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                              Henrik I did not see anything in the "Players Notes" about this. Maybe we should include it? Just a thought.
                              That was becouse I didnt decide on it before.

What it says in the readme is that you should never trade techs at all with the ottomans (though it is possible in an online session, unfortunatly there is no way to stop that, you can for instance give away no, no techs in boney 2 as well in online sessions).

What Darius convinced me of is that I should allow millitary techs to be traded online between humans.

Comment

We ask for no Spanish or Austrian territory, only a hand in administration of the Holy Roman Empire. You have too much to lose in denying us this, and nothing to gain.
                                That maybe true but you are neglecting two very important things:

1. You didn't talk to the Holy Roman Emporer before you decided to take part of the HRE.
                                2. You made a deal with the UNBELIEVERS!

Nothing to gain?

Protecting Europe for all of Christianity will be the gain!

Comment

Working...
                                X