No announcement yet.

Did anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes and i came in to the game late...not the way i would have played it but its fun anyways
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Emperor isn't all it's cracked up to be, better to be warlord on 20 different names like me.

Comment

there is a shock....

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          If war was running the show, that would be one thing.

But like ANYTHING IN LIFE... you get to many people involved, and they make bad decisions
          Or the AMERICAN WAY, you get so many people together so NO decision is make. Or in layman's terms, CONGRESS.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

bureaucratic red tape comes to mind

Comment

That's not saying much if you look at their current game.
              Ming,
              In all fairness, we had a slow start and are trying to be doves. If we had been able to attack and conquer the comps we would be doing much better right now.

If you can do better, why don't you offer your own two cents?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It would have been easy to do better, and that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to be involved in a game where all decisions are made by a group, because the odds are, they wouldn't always agree with me

*actually, I don't like games that move at that slow pace. I dislike PBEM games as well *
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Part of the problem is the organisation.

It is hard to cycle turns more than once a week since:

1. President has to play, post screenshots and a turnlog.
                  2. Forwards game saves to all the ministers.
                  3. Ministers submit reports, open polls or discussion threads on areas we feel the public needs to input.
                  4. Usually 2-3 days to vote/ discuss.
                  5. Repeat. Unless one were to get really involved, it is hard to lower the turnaround time while retaining citizen input.

If your first rule in MP is to kibitz, you should do fine with us.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sorry, the first rule of MP is to play your turn, and bloody well hurry up about it.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                      Part of the problem is the organisation.

It is hard to cycle turns more than once a week since:

1. President has to play, post screenshots and a turnlog.
                      2. Forwards game saves to all the ministers.
                      3. Ministers submit reports, open polls or discussion threads on areas we feel the public needs to input.
                      4. Usually 2-3 days to vote/ discuss.
                      5. Repeat. Unless one were to get really involved, it is hard to lower the turnaround time while retaining citizen input.

If your first rule in MP is to kibitz, you should do fine with us.

And I always thought diplogames took long.
                      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Sorry, the first rule of MP is to play your turn, and bloody well hurry up about it.

And the second rule is, don't forget about rule number 1.

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

YEAH I DON'T MIND THE SLOW PACE, GIVES ME A CHANCE TO SCROLL THROUGH THE SCREENSHOTS EACH TURN

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            ... I wouldn't want to be involved in a game where all decisions are made by a group, because the odds are, they wouldn't always agree with me
                            Groups that disagree with you? I can't imagine how you got the idea that such a thing could happen around here ...

Comment

Working...
                            X