No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that is pretty spammy. However, in spite of that, posting there does not appeal to me.

Comment

Yes, I didn't know it existed until my brother pointed it out to me after I made a crack about the democracy games. My only comment was, "and posts in the OT don't count but these do"

Rich
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Isn't discussing spam, spam?
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

/me finds NationStates moderately interesting due to its RPG aspects

i may vote for samson instead of war4 in the next HoF though. that hut results thread looks interesting after a cursory glance
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
            * ColdWizard finds NationStates moderately interesting due to its RPG aspects

i may vote for samson instead of war4 in the next HoF though. that hut results thread looks interesting after a cursory glance
            Take more than a cursory look. It's really useful - you can find out when your odds are best for tipping when looking for nomads, troops, tribes, etc. There's a few good tricks there.

Plus I believe the thread explained why warrior code seems to come up so much in huts (and the chances for any tech coming up) - which was a real revelation to me.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

yeah, like i'd ever remember any of that stuff

i barely remember to check to see if its an oedo year
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

BUT, with all the analytical, there's only so much you can do during an MP game, especially early in the game when turns are flying by. What I've gotten out of all the analysis, is GENERAL tendencies. I don't need to know the exact payoff of a trade route, just in general, what's going to pay off better. (i.e. setting your early cities so you can road them properly to max the road connect bonus using phantom roads.) I don't need to know the exact percentage of getting a nomad, just that if I have less than 8 cities, I probably should create a city with my existing nomad if I expect to get one our of hut. I don't need to calculate every supplies/demands change, just that I know they will change and what terrain offers better percentages. I no longer send caravans a long distance when I know the demand is probably going to change due to city growth.

So while I applaud ALL of the great research that all the people have done, it's total use is impractical in a quick moving MP game. But the generalities and tendencies predicted have been QUITE helpful.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  yes, or NationStates. I will never ever ever sink THAT LOW......
                  RAH
                  I don't see why you say this. Low maintenance (not time consuming), and one can see how their policies have effect.

But then, I think Civ 3 was a blatant rip-off, so there you go.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The problem with N.S. is that it's pretty limited.

I keep getting the same issues over and over again.

And the server seems to have picked up in the last few days. It was dreadfully slow, and the forums just don't turn me on at all.

I like to back up my tough talk with action, not just more talk...
                    Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

eh? whats going on in here....?
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I guess you can be counted on to not flame Bush and Blair ?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i too applaud all the research...but for practicality sakes, most of its not really relevant to mp....more to large sp games, or OCC....

but then again, the beauty of civ is its ability to appeal to so many different people on so many different levels

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                            i too applaud all the research...but for practicality sakes, most of its not really relevant to mp....more to large sp games, or OCC....

but then again, the beauty of civ is its ability to appeal to so many different people on so many different levels
                            If that doesn't sound like a politician looking for votes, I don't know what does.

Shameless...
                            Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

hmmmmm...for some strange reason my name isn't on there.

Comment

they did the most hated fan club last year Sean...i think you strat, AH, and a few others were on it....

Comment

Working...
                                X