Playtest; IMPERIALISM 1870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JMarks
    A good jaunt in the African wilderness can always be a pleasure, but look out for large angry male bull African Elephants. True to their redundant nature, they gourge anything that isn't of the opposite sex, and hump the others. Eitherway, dangerous for the explorer.

Therefore, one must know how to defend one's self against these monsters. Personally I recomend the artillery piece.

Thanks for bumping darius I'll play imidietly
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• German Bavarian Oil is now being auctioned out to the best lamp salesmen in Strassbourg...

In other news San Juan allied with our enemies Italy and Spain has been occupied and is now being incorporated into the German Empire!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Henrik; November 17, 2002, 16:52.

Comment

• New York Times, Jun 1870

Panama Canal Open for Business!
        President Kirk announced to the public today the opening of the Panama Canal, which is to be administered by the United States, and open to all nations, except member of the Latin League. Kirk also announced that the newly independent Republic of Panama has asked for US military protection and to be considered for incorporation into the United States as the 38th state.

American troops, presumably supervising construction of the canal, had been spotted in Panama over the course of several months. As it became clear that Colombia was being driven away from an agreement by its imperial puppetmasters, the Panamanian people rose up, and US warship drove out the occupying Colombian garrison, and US troops were welcomed to Panama wholeheartedly.

Havana and San Juan fly Stars and Stripes
        Following a joint German-American exercise aimed at halting the flow of contraband between Latin League allies, Puerto Rico was taken and declared to be a US territory. The action follows months of planning between German and American negotiators seeking common cause against the belligerent Italo-Iberian alliance. The city was initially taken by forces from the German Reich, but control was turned over to the US after President Kirk made it clear that the US would keep a lid on Latin smuggling in the area.
        A US military spokesperson says that San Juan will be used as a monitoring post to make sure that no ships from these nations will aid one another in their wars of conquest and piracy against nations friendly to the US.

In a related story, after months of provocation by Spanish warships patrolling the US Carribean coast, the US sunk the ships and occupied Havana. US officials have refused to speak to the Spanish, although several Senators set up a temporary cease-fire on behalf of the business community so that American goods and capital could be evacuated from Spain. The cease fire is not expected to hold for long, however.

San Franciscans Confused by Ships in Bay
        The US consulate in Ottowa filed a complaint with the British government after receiving many calls of concern over what appear to be British warships in the San Francisco Bay. Britain was asked to clarify the mission of these ships and to ask permission to have her ships of war enter US territorial waters in the future.
        Last edited by JamesJKirk; November 18, 2002, 05:05.

Comment

• and the save
          Attached Files

Comment

• As part of the increased German-American cooperation, American economic theorys have been passed on to the Germans, and the germans have started to reform thier government system, eventually forming a republic like the one in France or the US.
            The economic doctrines now available to the Germans will soon be passed on to the other partners of the tripple alliance (Japan and France).

Chancelor Heinrich von Bissmarck

Oh and Kirk you forgot to post the save file

EDIT:I see you just did

Comment

• All right, who did it?

Now I specifically requested that no one touch the American colony of Liberia, but someone went and destroyed a tribal village in it. Now who did it? Fess up. You're only going to make it worse by denying it. Don't make me come down there!

Here's the before picture, from when I said it was off limits:
              Attached Files

Comment

• And here's how it looks now....those poor, poor Liberians
                Attached Files

Comment

• I know I didn't do it
                  German units are still way too far away to have been able to do that

Comment

• Blame the elephant!

Good thing I shot it dead before it could do anymore damage!

Seriously though, I did take it out. If it was off limits I apologize, but I forgot what was 'claimed' and what wasn't. Don't worry, the tribes people have good homes in my coastal city, and one will someday be the owner of a multi-national corporation that makes toothpaste out of elephant dung.
                    Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                    http://john.jfreaks.com
                    -The Artist Within-

Comment

• Clarification.

The African Tribal capital in question was intended to represent the Samori State, not Liberia. Frankly, I just didn't see Liberia as significant in an international/diplomatic sense.
                      Lost in America.
                      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Damn, well it wasn't a big deal anyway. I just wanted to lay my claim to Africa before you vultures swallowed it whole. But I didn't really feel like sending anyone over there to back the claim

Comment

• lol, "A great international war erupts over the territorial rights of the Samori State..."

Comment

• In response to the American concerns about the warships in San Francisco bay, England would like to point out that in an earlier telegram we asked for permission to bring warships into the US waters but recieved no responce, thus we decided to go ahead. If the US Ambassador had been paying attention surely this slip wouldnt have occured
                            Attached Files
                            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

• Oh, well in that case I suppose it's okay, I didn't take it as threatening, I was just curious, would you mind reminding me of the ship's purpose in the bay?

Comment

• It had delievered a piece of frieght, which this turn went to salt lake city
                                Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Working...
                                X