• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Repubblica

I finally got the file to download

Nothing much to report in Italy.
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Le Monde

The French population, industry and economy continue to grow at unprecedented rates. Comparing statistics with other European powers, Minister for Interior Development Jean Renard released the statement 'Aha haha! Nyaah nyahh,' to the international press.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by winterfritz; July 24, 2002, 04:45.

Comment

• Now this is going fast!!!

I'll play (and post!) my turn tonight (my connection problems seem to be over for now!!).
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Turkish News

More freights, more improvements, everything is fine!

More comments tomorrow!

BTW, Turkey is the happiest Nation in the world!

PS: Winterfritz, didn't you forget something??

And the save:
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Times, May 1905

Preparations and readjustments are continuing in advance of the creation of a new German state. This month the city of Erfurt founded its University, and Magdeburg created a Stock Exchange.

A government spokesman announced this month that he approves of Russia's suggestions, though Hannover will remain an OZ rather than Lubeck. And that Britain wishes to hear what France says about these developments.

Citizens in London have been noticing a lot of work going on over the past few months, and such work appears to be culminating. In what, the government won't say however. Nonetheless, it looks to be big.

In a possibly related story, several British freights have stopped outside the city limits of their destinations inexplicably. When asked, all they said were words to the effect that we'll find out in a month or two.

OOC: I've looked at CivTweak, and it doesn't seem to give you the option to edit .net files. It may be an older version or something, but if it's not, we'll have to find a way around it, or settle with converting the Spanish into the Germans
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nothing much

OOC: for the .net problem, couldn't we just rename the .net file to a .sav and make the changes and then switch it back? Or isn't there a way to make a game a .sav?
              Attached Files
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Aargh, I can't download again!

Could someone please email me the file?

[my adress is: nick_dowling@hotmail.com]
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

• You're right ANZAC, it looks like all we have to do is change the file extension to .sav, and then change it back when we're done. The German player still has a password though, so once we're ready to create Germany, the save will have to be Henrikized.

EDIT: Germany doesn't show up on my Foreign Minister screen, however. So hopefully we'll be able to do something about this in a realtime multiplayer game or something. Otherwise, it'd be impossible to give Germany cities if we can't talk to him.

Comment

• La Repubblica

Thanks again Kirk
                    ANZAC, could you please email me the file in future? I really don't understand why I'm having problems downloading stuff all of a sudden
                    --------------

Army Shows off New Toys

In a demonstration held at the Italian Army's main testing range outside Rome, the 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment has test fired their new guns in front of an audience of journalists, diplomats and politicians. All present were amazed by both the guns firepower and the professionalism of their crews.

During a press conference held after the test firing, President Case refused to answer questions on why the new heavy artillery regiment is being based within easy range of the Italian Parliament.

Italian and Russian Diplomats Meet.

The Italian Foreign Minister has confirmed rumors that Russian and Italian diplomats have met to discuss the future of the south-west Balkans region. The Minister says that negotiations are progressing slowly and that there may be no change to the status-quo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Le Monde

Toys for France too
                      Right behind the Italians, the French military this month tested new guns for the newly-named heavy artillery arm of the Army. Finding the results more than satisfactory, 2 such heavy artillery regiments have already been formed, with more on the way. The technology for both French and Italian guns was first developed here at the Ecole Militaire in Paris.

Ministers Respond to Valensky Amendments
                      The Chamber of Deputies today pledged France's support to the amended Valensky Proposal with the proviso that France's occupation zones be in the two cities of Cologne and Stuttgart. These two cities, as well as being situated conveniently close to the French frontier, will also give French officials the ideal vantage-point from which to supervise the administration of Bavaria and the Ruhr. That said however, ministers pointed out that the interim leader for the new Germany and the conditions for its various staged territorial acquisitions have not yet been decided upon and consider these as the most important topics to be next addressed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• OOC: Cyrion, I completely forgot The problem has been fixed however

Kirk, Anzac meant that your occupation zone included Lubeck in addition to Hamburg rather than instead of it, which sounds reasonable to me.

And yes, we have to change the file extension to a .sav in order to fiddle around with it. During this time whoever is establishing the country should also go into cheat mode and establish embassies between Germany and everyone, and give them the German techs. We can also give Germany her cities without having to do online negotiations; if the filename has a .sav extension CivCity can be used on it.

Comment

• Various Turkish News

OOC: wow, this is going fast!! I'll play my turn tonight!!
                          To Winterfritz: no worries...

And now some news from the last turn:

Scientific Development

The Turkish Scientist wish to inform their european counterparts that, at the same time as the Ecole Militaire de Paris, they have developped the technology allowing to build a new kind of heavier Artillery!

Turkey being a peaceful Nation, no such "big toys" have been ordered by the turkish military at the moment.

The next step in scientific progress, a new application of Electricity, is expected to come in the very near future!

Foreign scientists are of course welcome in Istanbul to trade techs!!

Plebiscite

The regional elections marked the triumph of the Young Turks: with an approval rating of 77% (hey, I found a use for the stats from the Demography ), the Turkish citizens showed they approval of the newly founded Democracy!!

It seems that the Young Turks candidate has good chances to be elected Prime Minister next quarter...

Comment

• Moscow Courier

Russia gets new Toys as well as a Scandal and Public Distrust!

A hiker, Alexei Dregunov, was on a Sunday stroll in the Urals when he stumbled upon a secret Russian military demonstration of a new artillery piece that had just entered service. He was subsequently jailed illegally. This happened about a year ago. Recently Mr. Dregunov managed to escape and has told the associated press his story and now there is an outrage against the government. Russian top military brass have confirmed that the new artillery project was completed a year ago, but will not say if it has gone into full production...

Russia makes another proposal

Russia suggests that elections for German leader be held immediately among the occupying powers and the repatriatization of Germany occur within a year of the election's conclusion.

Russia casts a vote for El Awrence.
                            Last edited by The ANZAC; July 25, 2002, 10:58.
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Here is the save, comments tomorrow...
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The German People also present Heir Prometheus for German leadership, supported mainly by leftist intellects who belive the military lead the country to ruins. However Heir Prometheus realizes he has little chance of being appointed by the occupying countries or being elected by the German people ahead of two more prominent delegates: the former Chancellor von Karreras (El Awrence) or Heir JMarks

Comment

Working...
                                X