This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the World . . .

For updates on this game visit the official History of the World Diplogame's Website at www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world/
    We have cool updates, and some of the most creative posts ever, so check it out!!!!!

This is the thread for the Diplogame featuring:

The Capo - Adriatic League
    Chris - Mali
    Drake - Zulus
    Dimbleby - Israelites
    Sun Tzu - Chinese
    War4Ever - Mongolia
    Deity - Australians

We will feature a website which will have some stories from the leaders, maps, top five cities, powergraphs, wonder lists, unit and city counts and all kindsa crap demographics, everything so anyone can check out the progress of this game.

We will probably have some in game screen shots and stuff like that, so it should be cool. But for now everyone can post here and we will get it up on the website. Its been a cool session, I'll put up a post to get us started...
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Capo di tutti Capi (edited February 25, 2001).]</font>
    ------------
    Ming blows, I'll change this when I have some time on my hands.

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Venice Post
    2000 b.c.
    1/2 Gold

TOP STORY: Israeli - African Relations Reach a Fevered Pitch!
    Jerusalem, Israel - Reports today show that a war may be brewing just south of the Nile delta. "Early reports indicate that the Zulu threatened an Israelite settlement in the Nile Delta, asking for money as well as technology for the safety and lives of the Hebrew settlers. We began to discuss the matter with both Israel and the Mali King Mansa Musa in order to iron out some sort of peace process in Africa, but a deal was struck between Israel and the Mali" reported Venetian Secretary of Commerce Giancarlo Agrippina. That deal was very much in favor of the African standpoint. According to early leaks from Israeli sources, the Israelites promised not to extend their settlements in Africa past their initial city at the head of the Nile, it made it quite clear that territory claimed by either Mali or the Zulu were off-limits. "It is quite evident that neither African state wishes for Israel to extend their culture to that continent, the part that strikes me as odd is the propensity of the [Mali and Zulus] to make such outrageous land claims, huge amounts of territory have been claimed thousands of miles from official borders in Africa. This is a troubling fact, one that clearly states that the African nations are quite aggressive and expansionistic" commented Dutch Regent William Van Der Loon. At this point in time, Doge Carlo D'Medici has given hints that an expeditionary force may be sent into the theatre to "asses the situation."

===========
    Domestic Report
    ============

Adriatic Pact signed in Venice.
    Venice - The Lords and Regents of the six independant duchies signed an agreement today, lineating a very strong alliance which will hence be known as the Adriatic League. The founding states of Venice, the United Netherlands, the Kingdom of Romania, the Kingdom of Bosporus, the Duchy of Donua and the Province of Orenburg have agreed to full military, economic and legal cooperation forever. "I am quite proud of my father's accomplishment" commented reknowned Wine Merchant Lorenzo D'Medici and Duke of Trieste "This has cemented peace throughout the European continent." However not everyone is keen on the new arrangment, particularly Duke of Padova and well known Commerical buisnessman Nicolo Machiavelli "I have been working for the Regency in numerous capacities here in Venice for years, I am not sure that our viewpoints will agree with those of Bucharesti, let alone far off Donua and Orenburg. I think that more than peace was at work here." Despite these comments, the treaty went through without a hitch. Doge Carlo D'Medici of Venice was named King of the League.

Construction of Monument Commissioned in Venice.
    Venice - In honor of Doge Carlo D'Medici for creating the Adriatic League, a giant statue in his honor has been commissioned to be built in the port of Venice. "It will be a testament to his family, and to this very strong alliance he has formed" commented Romanian sculptor and bronze worker Alexandru Denes, "It will stand for centuries as a beacon of prosperity." The statue was commissioned by head Regent Victor Emmanual of Genova.

Burst in Taxes allow more money to Scientific Research.
    Bucharesti - By far the most productive city as far as scientific research goes, Bucharest has recieved a boost in science funding, as have all other cities in the Adriatic League "I am quite pleased" said Atilla Frunze, a Romanian Alchemist "My research has recieved 20% more funding than we had previously, this should help the entire League to develop new and better methods of living in general." The science increase occured after the House of Regents discussed tax intakes, and decided to lower money that would be spent on civil and military effects and increase funds towards scientific research. "The decision did not come lightly" stated Doge Carlo D'Medici "But we did come to an agreement, a consensus that if we are to become a powerful nation, and a powerful Federation of Duchies, we must be innovative in the areas of the science.

============
    International Report
    ============

Dimbleby the Wise of Israel to Propose African Peace Summit.
    Tel Aviv, Israel - Word has been leaked from the Israeli settlement of Tel Aviv in Eastern Turkey as to a Summit Proposal which will include all of the African States. "I am quite pleased with the decision, if in fact these reports have any truth to them" said Doge Carlo D'Medici, "I look forward to hearing what may come of such talks, as it is an important matter to the various states of the League." At this point in time no confirmation from Dimbleby could be extracted, however Israeli officials did give hints that it may occur, there will be more information as it comes available...

Land Deals Cement D'Medici's Place in History.
    Karakorum, Mongolia - The name of Medici will be known throughout history, as the first leader of the Adriatic League has made two major land pacts with the nations of Mongolia and Israel. The pacts are very condusive to Adriatic peace. "Basically what we have done is acquired a large amount of territory, as per our agreements with the governments of Israel and Mongolia respectively" commented Duke Garibaldi, Secretary of the Interior "In a general sense, we have secured all of Europe, lands north of the Khazak deserts as well as some territory within and west of the Khazak deserts, with this land peacefully acquired we have established not only a garauntee of open and free land for our people, but peaceful setlements, unlike those that are being established and debated in Africa." There are many opponents to these agreements, especially Nicolo Machiavelli, as well as Duke William of Orange-Nassau who is a Regent in the United Netherlands. Orange said "This is quite possibly the most direct assault on the form of Federation we have, we are allowing neutral and free states entrance, now we are consolidating Empire, that is not the manner of this government, we will create states that are not of their own will but of our own political ambition, I believe we have made a grave misstep."

Editorial
    N. Machiavelli

You are being watched. New taxes, new documentation, new identification and loyalty oaths, new laws. The once free flowing commerce of Venice is now being funneled through the red tape of the League. This is hardly a Federated Republic of states. This is a conglomoration of Medici power accross all of Europe. The possibility of its demise has been ended, Medici has consolidated power over Europe as well as other lands in Asia. The Israelites and the Mongols have basically signed this into effect. I have no doubts that his son will be selected to Head Regency within the House of Regents. He will practice autocratic power as his father has, the Republic exists merely as an advisory body, Medici makes the final decisions. How quickly has the lethality of the Romanian King's toungue has turned from rasping Medici to praising the man. We have the freedom of speech here, as long as it does not prevent Medici from retaining his air of supremacy throughout the Federation. We are working together for our Union, but why is Medici intervening in Africa? We know nothing of African affairs, or even of Israeli affairs outside of Tel Aviv. Yet Medici finds it prudent to lambast the decisions of Mali and the Zulu with no knowledge. This is not the work of a Republican regime, this is the work of an autocrat. I urge you all to heed my warning to your various Senates, and Lords. Perhaps the only thing scarier to them than the sword of Medici is upheaval of the people.

N.M.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Capo di tutti Capi (edited February 16, 2001).]</font>
    ------------

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

either make your initial posts here, or email posts to:highfill78@excite.com

I will hopefully have the website up before next session.

Thanks all.
      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by drake (edited February 16, 2001).]</font>
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

now THIS sounds interesting... so, any Diplogames for beginners going on? OK, I'll better make a thread for this.

So, what a map are you playing on? GIGA world map?

Comment

deity looked out over this God-forsaken piece of barren land that the builder of this world had bestowed upon him....
          Who will I appoint to lead the sufferers of this desert island continent?

I give this task to Paul Keating.

It is his brief to fight against all odds and setbacks to build a Spaceship before any other nation on Earth and colonise another barren piece of crap on AC

---

In the first epoch 7 tiny towns were establish across the breadth of the land. Many local villages were abandoned and were overgrown by WEEDS!
          From only one or two such places (huts) did anything of any value emerge. But no sign of people. Not even a barbaraian, who would have been most welcome! We are so lonely. We hear of wondrous things from far off lands and maybe one day we will...... never mind...
          back to earth.

Despite having only ourselves to rely on our Scientists discovered a new form of leadership called Monarchy and Paul was crowned King of the Aussies in 2250 BC.

------------------
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*
          aka: half-assed dieticians
          icq# 8388924

Comment

Although warned by the gods well ahead of time not to drink and walk, War4ever refused their advice and thus the journey of Mongolia has been littered with poor decisions........

The land is harsh and barren..... the crops refuse to grow..... the only saving grace is that the Chinese leader AI was even more loaded than I.

Manchuria is secured as is India...... leaving no room for a Chinese expansion.....

We hear idle rumours of middle east tension and African politics but have not been in contact with any of these cultures.

A peace treaty with the courageous and honorable Adriatic League has been established and we look forward to futher cooperation with the round eyed peoples.....

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

ahhh my favourite type of thread a role playing diplo type of game...
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Emperor SunTzu's sit on his throne disappionted at the recent events, his mother has taken control of the local army and has vowed to take over the land.
                Emperor SunTzu gathers his forces and meets his mother at the Yuang River for the final battle.......

Comment

I want to remind everyone that Drake should be finished with his little website soon, if you want to take a look at it, the OLD address (dunno if he's keeping it up or what) is <a href="http://www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world/"> www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world,</A> if that's not right then whatever, but that was the old addy.

Please try to E-Mail Drake some RPs you may have becuase it would really help and we are doing a very innovative thing with this site, and intend on extending it to capture some of the more important global events.

Remember we play on Thursday, February 22nd. The time we play at is 8:00pm EST (U.S.) time, if anyone has to again, please don't ask me what that is GMT. Remember I am American, we pretend like nothing else happens outside of our borders, thus I have no clue what that is GMT.

I am pleased with the posts we've had, I am a very small bit displeased with the lack of posts, but not too much. The game is really going go great, anytime you have a major international situation in the first session I think its a good sign. We also have a very good group and I am pleased that I was able to get the people I got.

Alright well, I gotta run to my Const. Law class. You guys stay cool.

PS: I had Chinese food and beer for breakfast, its the breakfast of champs.
                  ------------

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

State of the Kingdom (The year 2250):

Population - 140,000
                    GNP (in millions) - $5
                    Manufacturing (in Mtons)- 18
                    Land Area - 38,000 sq.miles
                    Life Expectancy - 25 years
                    Family Size - 6.4 children
                    Military Service - 7 years
                    Annual Income - $3 per Capita
                    Productivity - 60

Foreign Relations-
                    Adriatics at Peace Treaty
                    Mali peace agreement
                    Zulu no agreements

Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

Comment

actually i updated it last night and am going to be putting in week 1 testimonials in today.

Your link is broken capo. (You added some html tag or something)

Try this one:
                      <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world" TARGET=_blank>WORKING LINK </A>
                      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by drake (edited February 20, 2001).]</font>
                      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Remember guys, we play tonight at 8:00pm EST (U.S.), Deity I dunno what time that is in Australia, but you'll have to remember.

Tonight we have Sun Tzu back, thankfully, and we have Prometheus filling in for Chris, so we have a full house even though our group isn't at 100%.

A lot of interesting developments last session, this one looks to be a good one. Is the African situation resolved or has it just begun? How will the Mongols respond to the new Chinese Emperor? Some interesting questions, and I'm sure we'll get some new ones.

To keep up with the game visit www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world/

Remember, tonight at 8:00pm EST (U.S.) but I want everyone to show up a half hour early, so 7:30 EST in order to set the game up and make sure we are all on the same page, I already konw Dimbleby won't be able to show up at 7:30, so if the rest of you can that would be great.

Alright guys, I gotta get back to work, so keep your head straight for tonight.

Peace.
                        ------------

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

Aussies rock
                          ... but lack cities

more news soon.....

------------------
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*
                          aka: half-assed dieticians
                          icq# 8388924

Comment

625 BC..... Mongolia en Masse!

Well we went from 5 cities to 17 cities with more to follow. The Mongols have been breading like rabbits to secure ALL of Asia, as colonization of the New World seems to be too far away......

Manchuria is secure! India is secure! The Urals are being fitted with our strongest workers. Mongolia looks to cosolidate its standing, not to expand any further westward.

It is apparent from our diplomats, that both the Hebrew speaking Jews and the Adriatic League are skeptical of a Mongolian presence in Asia and the middle east. Mongolia has done everything possible to put both of these powers at ease but little seems to be accomplished in this regard.

The Adriatic leage is quite a bully regarding world politics...... My advice to her neighbors is too watch your back.

Mongolia looks to keep an isolationist approach towards the white and brown skinned round eyes of Europe and the mediterranean...... We also hear reports that the African isn't wanted in this world by the white man as well......

Rumour has it , a tribe of people whom can only be regarded as from "down under" are a crazy partying lot.... we have watched with shock as their cities grow at astronomichal rates

Massive roads are being constructed to allow quick deployment of troops to the front, western or eastern. Mines are being erected to exploit the land and create an economic and productive empire.

The Colonization of Japan has allowed us an early warning defense system in case of a sea raid.

The Mongols are looking for free trade with countries whom will respect treaties and whom will not be too greedy. If this is you , please contact the Mongolian embassy in your area.
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Tales of Asian treason...

To Whom It May Concern....
                              The House of Medici Official Publication
                              625 b.c.

It has come to our attention that words from his "respectable king" War4Ever of the Mongols continue to bear false truths, and the house of Medici finds it incumbent upon themselves to dispell these horrible lies.

The European Protection Act was signed into passage as a land claim, the Adriatic League claims all lands inside of Europe as well as others lineated in the act, and others not lineated in the act.

The Mongolians have charged us with breaking an initial agreement that seperated our two territories for all time. I shall now transcribe a report from general Garibaldi, who was attending to Asian relations at the time:

"The Mongoloid have charged us with breaking an agreement, which is a very questionable charge in my own honest opinion. Once we had agreed upon territorial claims, the House of Medici and his late an honorable Doge Carlo D'Medici had ushered into effect a warning against the Mongols. We kindly asked them to leave without threatening the health or prosperity of their soldiers. We even offered them stay for recouperation after combating the vile Gothic Barbarians. Thus no threat or aggression was given towards his majesty of the Kingdom of Mongolian Tribes. However, after centuries of falsely believing the Mongols and their promise that they would at once return from whence they came, we had recieved maps from the Israelites which, upon other things, had shown that the Mongols had in fact headed towards Scandinavia, when they had told us they would go back to the steppe. I find this very troubling information. Upon discovery of such a muder of trust, we had asked the Mongols to please leave, telling them how disgusted we were at their lies. We never threatened them with any force what so ever. His majesty Carlo D'Medici offered them our maps so they didn't have to worry about mapping Europe. Therefore we took their grave trasngression upon our trust with a grain of salt, and even offered them maps for the misunderstanding. Consequently, a garrison of Adriatic forces who were NOT in Mongolian territory were threatened with their lives without warning, or without prior agreements or acceptance of agreements. Therefore I must ask his majesty if these two faced peoples should be trusted.

General Garibaldi"

It is thus in my opinion, that the Mongolian Khan is attempting to subvert the interests of the Adriatic peoples by continuing lies. They wish to have a grand alliance against us, if that is their wish, then they have every right to pursue it.

But I do ask of the leaders of the world, to please make sure you are aware of all facts before you even entertain such chimerical attempts by the Khan of Mongolia. As a new King has ascended the throne, his honorable Lorenzo D'Medici, new treaties will be discussed and old ones revised.

Thank you for your time, and god bless the states of the Adriatic...

House of Medici
                              ------------

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

Working...
                              X