World War One PBEM Playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Palaiologos
    I just realised that monoplanes can't attack aircraft in flight!

I think you'll all agree that this is most inapropiate.
    Most propably Jim forgot to put the "fighter" flag on them.
    Monoplanes can not attack fighters in flight, that is true and it was intended to be so.

For the early planes of WW1 were light scout planes and the first dogfights used to be fought with a pistol or a light carbine by the co-pilot. Fot those reasons you shall NOT change the rules as these facts were intended.

Comment

• Turn coming soon..
      "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
      Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

• Dudes, I did some update to the scenario, you can find the new game files here: http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...p?p=2646#2646.

Thank you all for your comments so far .....

Comment

• And we will play this playtest with the old version then, no panic!
          "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by jim panse

Monoplanes can not attack fighters in flight, that is true and it was intended to be so.

For the early planes of WW1 were light scout planes and the first dogfights used to be fought with a pistol or a light carbine by the co-pilot. Fot those reasons you shall NOT change the rules as these facts were intended.

Oops!

Sorry old boy........
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
            Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiGu
              Turn coming soon..

Well?

"Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• BTW is it okay to continue playing with your upgrade?

Comment

• No, steph told me that we will play this playtest witht he old version.

BUMP FiGu!

Comment

• Okay!

How was Denmark BTW?

Comment

• It's been 8 days since the last save post. What's FiGu doing? Vacation?
                      Ceterum censeo that trade units are included!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jim panse
                        @ all Playtesters: I propose that it is allowed to give units via the Diplomacy Screens to other nations but Tech trading is forbidden. I would also propose a Gentlemen´s Agreement that if someone has received a unique tech from another civ you should not use the possibility of building the unit.

Can you be more specific on the no tech trading rule thing?

I mean i constantly gift give any techs to my allies i can get my hands on(although the austrian AI tends to accept only one per turn).What is the difference between tech trading and Tech gifting?

The unique techs only reached the hands of Turks and Austrians by the breakthrough that occured when they received German troops.

P.S What of the bombers in this version then?

Comment

• FiGu is online every day and he's telling me he'll do it tonight (like nearly weak ago and about 4 days ago )

Comment

• I am wondering..... how long is "soon" in Finnish?

Comment

• its not finnish, its FIGU LANGUAGE!! ask FiGu what it means...

Comment

• Originally posted by Palaiologos

Can you be more specific on the no tech trading rule thing?

I mean i constantly gift give any techs to my allies i can get my hands on(although the austrian AI tends to accept only one per turn).What is the difference between tech trading and Tech gifting?

The unique techs only reached the hands of Turks and Austrians by the breakthrough that occured when they received German troops.

P.S What of the bombers in this version then?

Tech gifting and trading of non-cic specifictechs IS allowed, gifting unique units is allowed too but NOT allowed is gifting civ-specific techs.

Comment

Working...
                                X