Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Science Succession ... Sticky Mice in Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Science Succession ... Sticky Mice in Trouble!

This is going to be FUN! - the damned AI are refusing to research...

Rules:
    Science must be set at 0% at all times - Eins, Trade, Wonders etc all allowed

Players:

SG(2)
    SG[1]
    any masochist is welcome to sign up here...

log...............

No Science - Ouch!

4000BC - no techs, one hut and a Buffalo; Gits decide to play Nomad for a while ...
    3950BC - hut-HorseRiding;
    3900BC - hut-Archer;
    3700BC - hut-Masonry;
    3300BC - hut-Chariot;
    3250BC - hut-50g;
    3200BC - hut-25g;
    3150BC - hut-50g; [1] - "Who's stupid idea was this?"
    3000BC - hut-Legion; [1] - "Observes, dryly, that (2)'s turns went really well!", but unfortunately the editorial duties now fall to (2) - drat!
    ---- We meet the Americans - much debate: [1] votes "WAR"; (2) goes for prevarication ... we talk to the B*ggars they offer to swap Pottery for Masonry - we accept - its all they've got!!!!!! - the debate continues ... [1] agrees that killing them buys nothing - but now we wonder whether it is better to sue for peace and a possible alliance (no ZoC problems) or simply to ignore them and hope to get some cash from them ... let's try for an alliance ... Peace, Alliance at the cost of Horse; no gift ...
    2750BC - Viking civilisation destroyed by Barbarians (no restarts!)
    2700BC - hut-50g; (2) scoffs!
    2650BC - hut-Legion;
    2500BC - hut-WarriorCode; :what joy: Americans demand WC - we say, "Get lost" - they end alliance ...
    2350BC - hut-Horse :Oh Goody:
    ---- We meet the Indians (Supreme) - now what? - Swap WC for MapMaking; Horse for Seafaring; They refuse maps ...
    2300BC - hut-Legion; We swap the Indians Masonry for BronzeWorking - they still have Alphabet that we do not...
    ---- We meet the Greeks (Weak) - gift Maps and WarriorCode - get Maps! no tribute
    2250BC - hut-Horse;
    2200BC - hut-50g; Greeks declare War - oh goody!
    2150BC - Moscow founded; Greeks kill Legion; Uprising near Moscow - glad we only have another couple of turns...
    2000BC - We're done ...

The hutfinder file is also in the .zip - the huts are our only saviour at the moment...
    Attached Files
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

I'm in... but not quite yet! I can play early next week but this weekend is a no go. Please slot me in, but let anyone who can play before Monday, take a turn.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Scouses, I can't join the game, I am in China now, I have some immediate work around Ning-hsia . This is also a reason why I cannot answer your wishes about New Year. They have a different year here.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Also... for the benefit of Mac types like Jrabbit... I assume this is MGE?

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The Game is MPE, set on a Medium World

------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

I'm in
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I play tomorrow if no one else is willing to play the monster left by the Gits

Comment

Will join, but presently swamped with "No Trade, No Cannons" migration µmgmt…
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

The strategy looks simple: scout, young man!
                  I choose to finish building the trireme started by the Gits, and then build explorers.

Short log:
                  1950bc: Our legion close to Trondheim dies (why did the Gits decide that the poor legion should commit suicide? I dunno)
                  1800bc: Trireme completed
                  1550bc: Explorer completed
                  1400bc: St Petersbourg founded
                  1350bc: Our mighty horseman kills a barb archer
                  1250bc: Our explorer meets a Japanese warrior. Friendly. We swap FOUR techs in a row (receive Alphabet, Ceremonial Burial, Currency and Iron Working)
                  1200bc: Our explorer tips a hut: The wheel
                  1100bc: New explorer completed
                  Barb chariot killed by our chariot in fierce defence of our capital
                  1050bc: Greeks give 50g for peace
                  1000bc: That's it. Straybow next?

(this means I got 5 techs in 20 turns, which is not bad at all with science set to zero; but I guess we cannot expect to meet anyone as kind and learned as the Japanese before quite a while)

Comment

La Fayette Good turns.

Staybow or STYOM next. We still have vacancies for a couple of players

------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

I'll play... I have some time.

Can I have the save please La Fayette?

Comment

Of course yes
                        here it is
                        Attached Files

Comment

No science! And no funny city names or leader name...

1000BC: Trade Iron Working to Indians for Polytheism. They have no other sciences.
                          Indians demand that we stay away from Madras.

975: Horsemen in St Pete; starts Settlers.

925: Disorder in St Pete ; switch Settlers to Warriors.

850: Kyoto located.

725: Settlers rush bought with tribute :cash: in St Pete.

650: Many barbs near Moscow; Settler production changed to Elephant and rushed.

600: Kiev founded. Trade Wheel for Mysticism with Indians. They have nothing else but would also like Currency from us. Demand for tribute from Japanese results in declaration of war.

Hut tipped by Explorer 88,30 - 5 barbs!!! Explorer retreats to Trireme.

575: Americans start Pyramids.

550: Meet the Spanish - they are Supreme! Trade for Code of Laws (hoping to be able to get Mon. from next hut ) and Mathematics. Gift Seafaring and Code of Laws and get maps.

525: Moscow production switched to HG - just realized that Settler production would result in unit disbanding - too many units from Moscow!

500: Hut tipped 59,53 - Astronomy

STYOM moans about his bad hut luck and passes the mantle...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the dumb errors re: disorder in St Pete and the Settler I started in Moscow. To clarify, we only lost 2 shields in Moscow, and a couple of NONs were forced back to St Pete due to treaty, so we only lost 1 turn of production there.

Still, it goes to show what happens when one forgets that we're in Despotism

One of our horses was pinned down S of Madras by ZOC and never moved during my turns.

We need Monarchy, we need Trade!

The tribute gravy train ran dry about 550 BC

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                              No science! And no funny city names or leader name...
                              We had several false starts with this game! A number of them provided starting techs so we forgot to be creative.

Well done STYOM, Code of Laws is a key advance ... over to Mr Canal!

-JRabbit are you joining this adventure?
                              ---------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Working...
                              X