Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should it be mandatory that underline cannot be used to emphasise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smartass +1

Originally posted by Straybow
    Well, the color of Apolyton link text is subtle, and Apolyton links aren't underlined. So why is this an issue at all?
    Unless you never go to another website (make it the majority of websites, way over 90%) where underline is used to indicate a hyperlink.

As it was pointed out, there is no way to separate the experience on one website from the rest.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well I can't believe you started a thread on this but for what's its worth I agree.

And no smartass underlining either.

Comment

All who disagree with UR are stupid?

Rigged poll.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
          All who disagree with UR are stupid?

Rigged poll.

What do you mean, rigged?

You do realise that's a gazillion ways to emphasise a point, right? I have never seen underlining used in any printed material for emphasis. That's why it was originally chosen to represent hyperlinks, when only italics, bolds, and underlining were available on ASCII terminals. Nowadays you can even use different colours and font sizes.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You're fighting a losing battle.

A thread like this will simply increase the number of people who use underline to emphasise their point.

Like so
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Tsk, tsk, UR. Didn't you open yourself up to similar hijinks a few months ago with a similar thread about the evils of underlining?

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
              X