This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [playing along]

We've already been over this issue in this thread, MrWhereItsAt. You see, these monthly lists seem to be the definitive judge of spammyness on Apolyton. And, unless my eyes deceive me, you appear on this month's list of to spammers and I do not.

Besides, part of the issue of spamming is to determine the frequent poster's motive as much as his behavior. You, my dear friend, have stated frequently your desire to be rewarded as one of Apolyton's most frequent posters (translation: spammers ), espcially before specific other posters. Since your motive is competitive postcount goals in comparison to other posters rather than the actual quality of such posts, you must therefore be a spammer. It is surely no surprise then that you consistently make the list of top spammers, no?

See, *I*, on the other hand... *I* am but an altruistic community servant! See, I am not a consistently frequent poster for the simple reason that the needs of the community for my services are only intermitantly required and I only post when those needs cry out for my work. Indeed, I provide but only a public service in the form of mere intermitant frequent posting bouts in times of particular community need for such behavior.

See, the difference is all in the motivation. My motivation is but the pure desire to serve the community interest! Surely, this offers no comparison to your stated crass desire to surpass other posters in postcount in some petty contest to appear higher on a "list of members" than other posters. For I post frequently not for the recognition, but merely for the inherent rewards of personal joy and community enrichment which it provides!

So, you see, we are not, in the end, so similar afterall!

[/playing along]

Last edited by Arnelos; May 7, 2004, 22:27.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• I have to be fair to say that Jamski hasn't been doing the drinking feast with MPS lately at the rec commons. Instead the ACDG forum has been poluted by other spammers from all over the place who may or may not have lots to add to the SMAC/X world, but had not hesitated to confirm and reconfirm his membership four or five times every two days.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• this so funny. If these lists had been made one year ago, I'd be kicking all your asses in ppd each month...

but Paddy the Scot... 50 ppd..., man, get a life!
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
          this so funny. If these lists had been made one year ago, I'd be kicking all your asses in ppd each month...

but Paddy the Scot... 50 ppd..., man, get a life!
          Actually, Paddy's post count can pretty much almost entirely be attributed to useful things, namely the singe-player Civ3DG, the Civ3 PBEM forum where he's in a lot of PBEM games, and the Civ3 Story Forum, where he seems to be a prolific author.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• I got quite a large post count reduction (50%) when I admitted to all my DL's.

That shows you it's better to hide bad things you do or have done, and never reveal them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
              *lots o' stuff*

So, you see, we are not, in the end, so similar afterall!
              Quite a lot to type to reach that conclusion.

Methinks Arnelos doth protest too much.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• It was a most cleverly disguised spam though. It was diet spam though as it contained very few calories.
                There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos

Actually, Paddy's post count can pretty much almost entirely be attributed to useful things, namely the singe-player Civ3DG, the Civ3 PBEM forum where he's in a lot of PBEM games, and the Civ3 Story Forum, where he seems to be a prolific author.
                  Yeah, "useful things," those really put the "bacon on the table."

Comment

• Paddy posts quite a bit in the C3C ISDG.

He is busy "naming" everything, and does a fine job of that as well
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Congrats to El Awrence, our new Deity

>>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

• Wow, he did well to outspam the person who dislikes these lists.

Raz what's our new deity's ppd this month?

Hehe, anyway

Comment

• Congrats El
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Thanks, con and ChP.

I remember when I hit Emperor in 2001 and thinking "I'll never make 10,000 posts"

Comment

• Congratulations. A job well done.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Congratulations El Awrence!

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X