Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. They want to be treated as human and women.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

yeah , do they even like being called babes ???
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        Yes. They want to be treated as human and women.
        They aren't mutually exclusive
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

unles sthey only a girl and not a woman yet !!!!
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

literally makes me physically cringe.
            Then don't go to the thread. Simple as that.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Then don't go to the thread. Simple as that.
              I'm not going to, but I still don't want to see it even created.

Comment

Aishwarya Rai
                Attached Files
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Tass: I really don't see why you're making such a huge deal out of this. If a woman is attractive, I don't see the problem with complimenting her on it. Cos, see, women like to be complimented, even if it's in a rather superficial manner ("Wow, you're really pretty").

If all this thread is going to be is you mofos posting pictures of women you find attractive, then what's the freaking problem? There's absolutely nothing wrong with finding a woman physically attractive and lacking a desire for a relationship.

I fully plan to participate in the thread (<3 Natalie Portman and Shannyn Sossamon). Wouldn't you think if a woman can say she has no problem with it you should lighten up a bit? Good on you for treating women with reverence, but it wouldn't kill you to chill back a bit, especially when it's something as petty as this.
                  Titans, GO!

Comment

For, what, the fourth time?
                    I highly doubt the Babe Thread is going to be all nice and clean and smilie and compliments.
                    It's going to show women in very little clothing and women in provocative poses.
                    Next time, read the thread

Comment

@ this thread
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I did read the thread, kthx. I will summarize it for you

"Oh hey, this thread was cool, let's do it again"
                        ""
                        "Blah blah blah revere women blah blah bunch of crap blah blah I need to lighten up"
                        "Chill back, duder. If you don't like the thread, don't read it"
                        "Blah blah blah I don't want to see the thread blah blah blah"
                        "What"
                        "Read the thread blah blah hurr"
                        Titans, GO!

Comment

She fits right in.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Potassium

"Blah blah bunch of crap blah blah "
                            Skanky, do you think we're losing our mystique?

She's got our number, certainly.

Comment

Comrade Tass,

Your views on the role of sex shows promise, but, the fundamentalist twist to your conclusions are repellent. Makes me wonder if you are not projecting onto others your judgements about yourself. Old Ben is right; you should be able to look at a picture of a woman w/o going into tilt mode. Lighten up a click or three.

Is laurentius the only one who thinks it's time for a few pics in place of less talk??

Monk
                              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

So, I read through this here thread, and it seems to me that you, Tass, are going a bit overboard.

I mean, I understand the argument about reverence and all that and not only do I see your point, but also I support it to a certain degree. But, at the same time, I see no reason why a Babe Thread would contradict your point of view.

I mean, like Monk up there said, one doesn't necessarily think of sex when one sees a picture of a beautiful woman. To me, a good photo of a person is like art. A good photo of a beautiful person is even more so. Now then, there is no reason why admiring the beauty of a woman would be considered lustful even in your books, like you say.

So, then, your whole argument boils down to this: even though it's not bad, in and of itself, to admire a picture of a woman, that's not going to be what happens in the Babe Thread, as people would post pics of women with scant clothing and whatnot. Unfortunately, I have no reason to say otherwise, for, indeed, some people would try to do just that. But I would like to point you to the last babe thread (well, the last one I ever posted in, maybe there's been more since then, but I remember Mark telling us to not start another, so I imagine not). Now, I know you at least glanced at the contents of that thread, because I remember some of your rants in there. If you remember, there was a set of very strict rules as to what kinds of pictures could or could not be posted. They covered pretty much everything that could potentially make the observation of the picture lustful: scant clothing, covering up with anything other than clothing, etc. And these rules were strictly interpreted and enforced by Ming. In fact, I personally had three or four pictures deleted by him, even though they technically didn't contradict the established written rules at the beginning of the thread, but Ming deemed them to be too much. Now, I don't mind, for I do realize we have a family site going here. But that just goes to show that if the thread were restarted, the mods would take it seriously, and stop any efforts of posting inappropriate pictures.

So, the only reason I see to not allow us to start this thread again, really, is if Ming considers it too much extra work in the OT for him to go through the pics of beautiful women and sort out which ones are appropriate and which are not. (Which sounds stupid, by it would, indeed, be a tough task, I imagine. Last time, there was a pic posted every minute on average at certain times of day, so some mod would have to almost exclusively watch this thread...)
                                XBox Live: VovanSim
                                xbox.com (login required)
                                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                                Spore page

Comment

Working...
                                X