This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to worship their beauty.
    So idolatry would be okay, but not arousal?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Perhaps the correct word would be "reverance", not quite "worship".

But I do not consider idolatry to be a sin.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

So then, I could make a shrine to Mariah Carey, worship it every morning, and I would be a religious person in your book?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

No. Where did you get that?
          Your religious because you've proven it in almost every thread I read.

However, a shrine to Mariah Carey would be for the wrong reasons and therefore sinful.

Comment

I see no difference between idolatry and the shrine of Mariah Carey. The two are the same. That's why I'm concerned that you consider me to be a religious person, yet you don't think idolatry to be a sin. After all, the second commandment says,

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worshp them."

Deut 5:8-9

Also, I do think you can show pictures of beautiful women, yet not for the purposes of arousal. Ever hear of art?

Comment

That's why I'm concerned that you consider me to be a religious person, yet you don't think idolatry to be a sin.

Those two are completly different topics. I can consider a Wiccan to be a religious person and still not think idolarty is a sin.

Some quote from some book

Irrelevant, as the Bible is no longer a viable source for unadulterated religious information.

Also, I do think you can show pictures of beautiful women, yet not for the purposes of arousal. Ever hear of art?

The "Babe Thread" is hardly art.

Comment

Irrelevant, as the Bible is no longer a viable source for unadulterated religious information.
                Tell me then why I should care about what you find sinful?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Tell me then why I should care about what you find sinful?
                  You don't need to.
                  I was voicing my opinion to Markos.

Comment

I was voicing my opinion to Markos.
                    Well, you'd better hope he finds your arguments more compelling than I do.

Comment

I don't particularly want a Babe Thread, but at the moment I'm very keen on seeing a religious ethics thread.

Comment

Tass is just believing in his own divinity.

/me whispers

He's got some powers in the ACDG, We refer to him and Googlie as Gods. I think that's got to him.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Count my vote in as for having a babe thread
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

post pictures of famous, and beautiful women
                            this phrase brought an image of beavis and buthead in my mind....

there's something wrong about this, i'm sure
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

There is, but it's something wrong with you.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

but at the moment I'm very keen on seeing a religious ethics thread.
                                Offtopic it isn't hard.

Ontopic is another matter.

Markos:

Comment

Working...
                                X