No announcement yet.

Will Avatars ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load must be high because avatars are off again. It was odd to see them this morning; I've gotten use to them being gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Seldon
      Load must be high because avatars are off again. It was odd to see them this morning; I've gotten use to them being gone.
      I've not seen them cut out since they returned.

Comment

• Even though the forums died before temporarily (again) the avatars are still here.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• The forums look so unprofessional now
          cIV list: cheats
          Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• /me polishes lightsaber.

About time!

Now, Trip, you still have your week that you owe me with your new avatar.

I'll even bump the thread to make it easy.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Good to have the avatars back! Now, Trip...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Why?
                  Well, there used to be quality-looking (<- notice the looking part) posts, until all this color and wierdness came in (ahem, zylka).

cIV list: cheats
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Well, avatars lasted for almost five days this time around...

Unfortunately, I have had to temporarily disable them again as a measure to reduce server load. We'll see "where we're at" in 1-2 weeks time.

----------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• I guess Trip gets out of the rest of his week with that Avatar

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DanQ
                          Well, avatars lasted for almost five days this time around...

Unfortunately, I have had to temporarily disable them again as a measure to reduce server load. We'll see "where we're at" in 1-2 weeks time.

----------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS
                          It was nice while it lasted.

Keep trying.

Comment

• It is becoming painfully obvious that Apolyton is starting to choke on it's own size.
                            Hopefully, the (mo)RoN cheatseekers will try to play without cheats for once in their lives. Also, the end of summer might lessen the load. OTOH, the end of summer might just move peak times by several hours.
                            Last edited by geeslaka; August 11, 2003, 05:29.
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

• Viva la Revolucion! The people demand the right to Apolyton! - Poly Peoples Party

Ok. It's time for something durastic to happen. This cannot continue. I propose:

1. Free subscription for a week. After that, it costs...Eh, 5 dollars for Poly membership. Allows newbies to come, but weeds out onequestioners.
                              2. Deleting non-used accounts.
                              3. Accepting donations.
                              Spoiler:
                              Delete the Civ3 forums.

Spoiler:
                              Delete the RoN forums.

The People of Apolyton want Apolyton back!!! POLY TO THE PEOPLE!!!

A message brought to you by:
                              THE POLY PEOPLES PARTY
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X