Apolyton pronounciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it is A-po-li-tón and that's it!
    "A-poll-eh-ton" is almost impossible to say in spanish without making a mistake.

BTW; I know that "Apolyton" is a Greek word, but what does it means?
    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

ultimate.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Pronounce it as you like it. I promise that the Language Police will not come for you.
        "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S
          Pronounce it as you like it. I promise that the Language Police will not come for you.
          I hope so

Originally posted by UberKruX
          ultimate.
          Now I understand.. "The Ultimate CivII Site"
          >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President

I hope so
            but I could be wrong . . .
            "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I'm guess that's what Obiwan is saying. See? Canadians aren't not all bad.

People like my way of saying Apolyton?

I guess I'm more 'Canadian' than DanQ.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Unfotunately, I've been saying it wrong for so many years, that I doubt this old dog will learn this new trick.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Seems we all spell the pronunciation differently and I don't do RealPlayer , so I don't know exactly how DanQ's might be different.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

This is a recording of me saying Apolyton. I'm not sure if its "correct" or not, but it doesn't matter much as I'm unlikely to change.
                    Attached Files
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                    X