Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All,

The words accompanying the download are relatively clear:

"This update resolves several issues between Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Windows 2000 and XP machines.

This update is only needed for Alpha Centauri owners who have Windows 2000 or XP and are having problems getting the game to run OR if you play multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch.

If you are not having problems running Alpha Centauri on your PC and you do not play multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch, you should not install the patch."

For whatever reason, the patch does affect multiplay, according to the wording. From my perspective, because you all are going to put a lot of effort and time into this game (one of my games is over two years old now! ), why I would therefore strongly recommend that since some players have to play with the patch (i.e. because their systems require it in order to play), that all players download and apply this patch to their machines, so that all players are on an even playing field, and no one is at an advantage. FYI.

D

Comment

• I have downloaded the patch to my E Drive. and copied Smac to my e drive, leaving all my other games in another drive.

Does anyone know that if I install the patch will the programme also try to change SMAC in my other drive.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• After much deliberation and trial and error. (Hey that patch is mighty big for a patch 8.800+K)

There was a confusing message about uninstalling but I think I have the upgrade v.5 patch now in place.

Turn sent to Rubin.
        So check to see if there is the significant difference between this and the previous 2194.
        Unfortunately I could not remember the precise moves I played. But it is your economy that is the key isn't it.

If this works, then seperately it might be interesting playing an experimental game for certain period of moves, playing exactly the same moves but using V4 and V5. This just to measure the exact effects, especially the maintenance cost bug.

I would imagine 3/4 would be enough to cover Morgan, the Hive.

Anyway that's for later. Hope this gets the show on the road again.

Comment

• GNN is on the air!

AUDIO

TRANSCRIPT

Turn to HongHu.
          Last edited by Chip_Buckner; December 13, 2003, 18:10.

Comment

• GNN is cool!!! (First time listenning. ) Hey Chip can I get you to join the ACDG Hive team and produce Pravda on air for us?

(The transcript needs some line breaks.)

Turn will be played tonight.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• HongHu:

Thanks for you kind words. I usually post the transcript in HTML, but forgot this time. I have updated the link, which should make it easier to read.

CHIP

Comment

• Hi
                Hercules has not only interests in things Greek but also refers those interested to the Hercules references in Smacx for example Alpha Centauri B.

Comment

• turn sent
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Sorry I had difficulty with that turn. First, I forgot
                    to empty my recycle bin. Crash.
                    Turn two I don't know. At the end of the turn I tried to save and it
                    just froze.Hence turn three.

Turn 2195 to Rubin

Comment

• M.Y. 2195 Complete

Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2195

*Public Announcement, M.Y. 2195*
                      Brother Lal of the Peacekeepers has authorized a secret project, codenamed The Hunter-Seeker Algorithm.

End of Report

Turn 2196 passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.

Comment

• GNN is on the air!

Turn to HongHu.

[Lal is not the only one it seems ... to what?]
                        Last edited by Chip_Buckner; December 16, 2003, 00:17.

Comment

• Brother LaL is not the only one it seems.

Comment

• Turn sent

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• M.Y. 2196 Complete

Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2196
                              After two years of pointless and seemingly undocumented vendetta with the Hive, Chairman HongHu and CEO Rubin finally got to re-signing a trade treaty.
                              The increasing numbers of infiltrators on Chiron is no longer a threat to the Rubinites. Our engineers have completed the highly coveted Hunter-Seeker Algorithm. Meanwhile Brother Lal is becoming a serious nuisance. So far, our diplomatic efforts have been all in vain.
                              End of Report

Turn 2197 passed to Lord Chip
                              Last edited by Rubin; December 16, 2003, 21:16.

Comment

• ... and on to HongHu. Broadcast to follow when I think of something half-way clever to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X