No announcement yet.

Gufnork's Rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a sad day indeed. Today, the Peacekeepers brought genocide upon themselves. Brother Lal is supposed to be an example to this world, being Planetary Governor. Yet he decided to declare vendetta upon my peaceful faction which has yet to do anything but defend itself. The probable reason for this is a debt he has to me since the early days on planet which he doesn't like repaying.

Bringing war to this world out of greed was not something that I expected Brother Lal to do. I'm afraid we have no choice but to eliminate this abomination from the face of the planet. You have shown you cannot be trusted, now you'll have to face the consequences.

We are willing to accept any refugees willing to aid us in our quest for knowledge and peace, we promise to protect you from your tyrannical faction leader. You'll become full members of the University, subject to and protected by the same laws and regulations and thus be spared. We also urge other factions to do the same, we wish that as many as possible can be saved from this destruction.

Provost Gufnork, Representative for the University of Planet.

(and turn sent of course)

Comment

• M.Y. 2188 Complete

Turn passed to Lord Chip.

Comment

• GNN is on the air!

http://www.thebucknerhome.com/SMAC/Gufnork2189.htm <<--transcript

Turn to HongHu.
        Last edited by Chip_Buckner; October 28, 2003, 22:01.

Comment

• Boys, I'm sorry to say that the next couple months I foresee that I'm going to be very busy. In other words I could perhaps only do one or two turns per week. Would you guys like me to find a replacement so that the game could run at a normal speed?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• turn sent
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• M.Y. 2189 Complete

Turn 2190 passed to the Gaians.

Comment

• Once again, Santiago moved up to a base and demanded that I declare a vendetta against Gufnork. I did so--to buy peace--and the Hive's AI joined Gufnork against me. I'll get a broadcast out shortly, but wanted you to know immediately what had happened.

GNN is on the air!

http://www.thebucknerhome.com/SMAC/Gufnork2190.htm <<--transcript

Turn to HongHu.
                Last edited by Chip_Buckner; October 31, 2003, 01:02.

Comment

• With regard to the HongHu problem ...

I would, of course, like to maintain the current pace, but also want to keep HongHu in the game. Because there may come a time when I am away from a computer for a week or two, I want to be flexible with HongHu.

Why don't we try to play three or four turns according to HongHu's schedule and see how it works? If she can play twelve turns in a month (I'm thinking about three turns a week), I would vote to keep things as they are. If she cannot play at that pace, how about a "Russian Revolution"? We ask HongHu to turn on the governors in her bases and ask Darsnan to take such actions as are necessary to defend Hive territory. At the end of twenty years, if HongHu's schedule permits her to play full-time, we welcome her back. If she doesn't think she can play, we look for a replacement, with Darsnan continuing to act as a caretaker until we find one.

That way (1) we stay active, (2) the Hive doesn't become an easy target for one of us and (3) we don't risk an immediate major diplomatic change from the introduction of a new player.

Will that work? HongHu, can you average three turns a week?

Comment

• I'm sure I can play at least two turns a week until Dec 2 (a deadline) and maybe able to play more after that. I really would like to avoid to let my governors manage things. It's not that I can do any better, it's just I don't trust them. I've also quit from the ACDG. Hopefully I will be able to get back on feet soon but if this is not acceptable I would prefer to find a human replacement.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• turn sent

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• M.Y. 2190 Complete

Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2190
                        Three reports this year:
                        Firstly, Jeneba reports: Hercules (Alpha Centauri B) is approaching perihelion! For the next 20 years, we expect native life activity to increase dramatically.
                        Counsellor Kai is somewhat worried that the expected increase in native life may be harmful to Rubinic settlements; although considerable ecological initiatives have been put into effect.
                        Secondly, Counsellor Kai is happy to announce that a status report has been published. The 9th Decade Report has been included below.
                        Thirdly, Rubinic intelligence reports that wars are raging across Chiron. Recently, the Gaians have been drawn into the conflict. It seems Chiron has become an even more hostile place after almost a hundred years of human presence. There's been no reports from the CEO, but Counsellor Kai hopes that Rubinic diplomatic negotiations are able to present a peaceful solution to the current conflicts.
                        End of Report

Note: I suddenly had a Foil in one of my inland bases. Is this supposed to be possible? I don't know what happened. Oh well, maybe some sort of bug. Could happen to all of us.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Rubin; November 1, 2003, 17:09.

Comment

• Turn to HongHu.

Broadcast to follow, although we're having a dinner party tonight, so it may take me awhile.

CHIP

Comment

• turn sent

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• M.Y. 2191 Complete

Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2191:
                              Once again the Rubintes have been threatened by the Peacekeeper Alliance. The Rubinic diplomatic expedition has returned and CEO Rubin had no good news concerning the diplomatic negotiations. Brother Lal refused to discuss the situation any further. Instead, the Rubinites have been drawn into these pointless vendettas. CEO Rubin is sad to announce that no human faction on Chiron is without any vendettas.

*Public Announcement, M.Y. 2191*
                              The Peacekeeper secret project, The Citizens' Defense Force, has been cancelled. The Peacekeepers are now redirecting their efforts toward a new goal, The Planetary Datalinks.

End of Report

Last edited by Rubin; November 2, 2003, 00:47.

Comment

• Turn to HongHu. You guys are moving faster than I can "tape" a broadcast. (And I thought HongHu said she couldn't play this frequently!) I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X