No announcement yet.

Gufnork's Rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubin was in favor of terminating the game over replacement. Should we terminate it? I feel very bad that I caused this. Sorry guys.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I say continue, purely because i enjoy reading through this game and wishing i was in a pbem with pace and storyline
      Last edited by Lazerus; January 22, 2004, 10:36.
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• HongHu: Hercules remains silent, you are leaving the game and I think Chip prefers declaring you the winner and thereby avoiding a gradually decreasing turn pace and a 'slow death' of the game. I also opt for declaring you the winner. Maybe the lack of response to the problem suggests that we (the players) are loosing interest in the game--a rather disappointing scenario for any replacement player.

Anyway, that's my humble evaluation of the situation.

Comment

• I remained silent because for some reason I must have unsubscribed to this thread and therefore missed the poly posting emails

I first became aware of what was happening when I noticed Honghu had posted for a replacement.

I 've just dropped by here accidently.

Seeing that I am here.

Well I always hate to see games end prematurely. All that time and effort. Otoh it is clear who would win .

I think it can be sad when someone who you start out the game with has to leave for whatever reason. A part of the camaraderie seems to go and you were all noobees together. I know I am no substitute for Gufnork but I felt keeping the name was a small gesture.

This game is interesting because of the patch 5. So if Rubin and Chip and Lazerus want to start another afresh I'll play.

Lazerus can maintain a pretty good turn rate and from my perspective it would be interesting seeing him start out a faction as opposed to taking over (mostly) weakened faction in mid to late game.

I'll go with the flow.

If Lazerus is offering himself as a replacement
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I was late reading it, somebody else got it for this game.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• My own silence can be attributed to my preparation for a boy scout campout this weekend. (The things we do for our children!)

I'm flattered that Hercules and the prolific Lazerus are interested in our game and would be honored to start anew with--and be pummelled by and (I hope) learn from--them. Let me, however, think about it over the weekend. The problem is that Rubin and I are already playing in the "Laptop Game", in which we average just under two complete turns per day. Although I can keep up with the turn play, I'm falling behind in my radio broadcasts. I don't think I can keep the on-air commentary going for two fast-paced games. (It's easy at first, though, because the same things happen in pretty much the same order, which leads to rebroadcasts.)

Comment

• err im hardly prolific, i can still count my pbems on one hand and as for skill nah not really, i can handle military fairly well but tech beelines and stuff pff

i might be interested in playing new one however since currently im in 2 stalled pbems 1 extremely slow moving one and another which has just kicked off.
                Last edited by Lazerus; January 23, 2004, 11:59.

Comment

• Well since Lazerus had been following this game so it would be easier for him to get into it. If everybody feels that if Lazerus join in then the game can continue otherwise it should be terminated then I think I can explain to the others and they will understand.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Re Feedback. I wasn't in the game long enough to say anything one way or another. But your gameplaying looked pretty solid and the RP looked very good and sustained.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Game Over!

Thanks for the game!

I really enjoyed playing with you all. I've learned many, many things during this game and I think Hercules did a good job continuing the University faction from where Gufnork left it.

Considering this was my very first PBEM I think I've been very fortunate to be participating in this game with all of you.

CEO Rubin signing out...

Comment

Working...
                      X