No announcement yet.

Gufnork's Rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, finally find time to get my turn done. Really sorry about it. And also you'll see a reload warning. Was attempting to do the turn but was interrupted like 3 minutes later, didn't really do anything. And I did save it but couldn't find it again. Sorry. Please hit me on my head.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Turn 2194 to Rubin
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Hercules: I've got the turn. However, I need you to confirm that you played it using SMAC version 5.0 before I play 2194 -- I also sent you an e-mail. We all need to use the same version of the game.

Comment

• My version is the Planetary expansion pack. Does that help?

Comment

• Hercules: The Planetary Pack is version 4.0, I believe. You can see the version information in the in-game menu. You need the Win 2000/XP Compatibility Update (get it here). Don't let the patch name confuse you as it is highly misleading...

Please play the 2194 turn again (like you've already done) using the version 5.0.

Comment

• Sorry you had better explain the significance of this patch 5

Comment

• I checked the FAQs again. I am OK I believe.

Comment

• Captain Hercules, I think Rubin's worried that if you are not upgraded to patch 5 the Hive and Morgan would not be able to pop boom. It may not affect uni but we are not sure if the fix will still work for Hive and Morgan if everybody don't use the same version of the game.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Rumblers:
                    I hold a messed up save of the 2194 turn. The problem is the economy of the game. Hercules' faction is only paying 1/3 of the upkeep costs. I'm sorry to say that I don't find this acceptable and my interest in the game would drop significantly if I we are not all using version 5.0.

The turn pace has been appalling lately. Of course, this was expected. However, adding this to the current problems, I'm having trouble keeping my interest in the game going. Let's see if we can resolve the issues and get back on track quickly.

What do we do?

Comment

• Refer the turns to Darsnan or other CMN and ask him his opinion on the matter.

Comment

• Re SMAC 5
                        This update resolves several issues between Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Windows 2000 and XP machines.

This update is only needed for Alpha Centauri owners who have Windows 2000 or XP and are having problems getting the game to run OR if you play multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch.

If you are not having problems running Alpha Centauri on your PC and you do not play multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch, you should not install the patch.

Comment

• I don't have Windows 2000 or XP. Note the 'should not install the patch' comment at the end.

Comment

• Herc:

I don't particularly care whether you install the patch or not. I am, however, interested in getting the game moving again. The 2000/XP patch works fine on my WindowsME machine.

CHIP

Comment

• If you are not having problems running Alpha Centauri on your PC and you do not play multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch, you should not install the patch.
                              Captain I think the bolded phrase actually defines our situation right now, ie, we are playing multiplayer games with other players who have installed this patch. From my point of view, I don't know how to pop boom as Hive anyway and I am not attempting it so I don't really need it. But I think maybe Rubin is in need of that. Also is it safer if we all have the same version of the patch installed? I mean we don't want the game to crash in the middle or anything like that happens. But again maybe it won't happen anyway. So really I am indifferent.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I don't know Darsnan, but he seems knowledgeable.

Hercules, if he tells us the patch version makes a difference--in particular, if its absence gives you an advantage over us--would you switch?

Rubin, if he tells us the patch version doesn't make a difference, would you continue playing?

(It's another Boy Scout campout weekend. I'll be out all day Saturday and Sunday morning.)

CHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X