MY-2199 - Planning and Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last minute tweaks:

saw that we'd lose minerals carryforward at ARC so changed some crawler assignments and let Defiance Freehold's forest-working crawler work an ARC mine to better balance the minerals between the bases. Also converted some ARC workers to farming, and sent a crawler to run nuts for a turn or 2 instead of minerals. ARC will now carry ten minerals forward

Rats - we now have a drone problem in Choke (will that be alleviated next turn when we get the benefit of the HGP?)

Can't risk it, so gave our 2 Missile Infantrymen the police capability. 60 credits for the upgrade, but Choke now quiescent

Can't see anything more to do - ran the stockpile energy check, ran the growpop check - all seems in order. If all in agreement, can someone in the next few hours hit "turn complete" and pass on to the Gaians? (I won't have time tomorrow morning Pacific time - and I'll be out from early till after noon - and it's due just after noon Pacific time
    Attached Files

Comment

Suggested note to the Gaians:

Dear Friends:

Our agents on the ground in Morgania
      (what do they call it anyway?) alerted us to the fact that Morgan operatives were readying for a massive covert operations exercise against our vassal, the University.

As a measure of self defence, and to forestall such action, the Junta has authorized a pre-emptive strike agaisnt Morgan interests. Spartan covert operations agents engaged Morgan agents, successfully we might add.

As a result, Gaian agents on the ground there have taken it upon themselves to declare vendetta against the Spartan Federation, and we are sure that this is not the official position of the Gaian Lords

Sunspot activity prevents us from offering a re-instatement of Treaty within the mechanisms of the diplomatic pouches, but as we harbour no ill-will against our Gaian friends we are suggesting that we treat each other as though the Treaty were still in effect

Are you in agreement with this procedure?

As always,

etc

The Junta

Comment

Just a quick check, didn't we get a crawler in Morgania? Did we MM that to something useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
          Our agents on the ground in Morgania[/i] (what do they call it anyway?)
          Terrapeso
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Or approach Hercules/GeoModder and Chaos Theory/binTravkin about declaring us the victor of ACDG3

It's just a matter of time now, especially if we can build the cloning vats in the near future.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
              Just a quick check, didn't we get a crawler in Morgania? Did we MM that to something useful?
              Naw - we did in the SIM, but only got 2 formers in the actual turn

Comment

Can't see anything more to do - ran the stockpile energy check, ran the growpop check - all seems in order. If all in agreement, can someone in the next few hours hit "turn complete" and pass on to the Gaians? (I won't have time tomorrow morning Pacific time - and I'll be out from early till after noon - and it's due just after noon Pacific time
                Didn't see anyone had downloaded the turn, so ended it, zipped and sent on to the gaians

Comment

Should I follow up in the Golden Dawn thread with something like this?

As the dust settled over Terrapeso, Major Snoddasmannen went over the numbers. He might just as well have looked around at the smoking debris. It was clear, the Morgans were lost. 16 bases captured in the first wave, and with the second wave soon to come, it was only a matter of time before The Morgan Corporation was out of business. Militarily, there was little the Morgans could do except cause a nuisance with their few remaining units, scattered over the fringes of the continent.

The Morgan troops had been ill trained and far too poorly equipped to stand up against the Spartan troops, who had suffered very few casualties. "Even fewer, if those senior officers had stopped meddling in my plans", Snoddasmannen muttered to himself.

It was only a matter of mopping up now. Hardly a dignified job for the greatest military in the world.

One thing was for sure, the people of Terrapeso would be waking up to the new century in a way they had not been hoping for.
                  The Morgans likely know that they have been hit by now.

Comment

We should also publish an official statement, with a cover like Googlie said, about protecting the Uni from probe actions. I can write something up.

Should I send the suggested message to the Gaians as well?

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, sentient planets and mindworms,

In 2199, our Crypteia reported that the Morgans were producing an armoured military tranport vessel, aimed squarely at our allies, the University. We were also informed that they were moving a powerful covert operations team towards the transport in Morgan Mussels, to sail off to Arcadia.

The Federation can not sit idly by while factions build dangerous military armoured transport vessels, which can have no other purpose than to sabotage or even invade neighbouring factions. This goes against the unspoken planetary understanding of peace and solidarity. As a response, we quickly deployed a large fleet of armoured tranport vessels who were, as a precaution, standing by on alert in the vicinity.

In addition to eliminating the immediate threat to the University, we pacified an additional 15 Morgan bases which we considered to be long term liabilities to the independence of Sparta.

Although we expect the Morgan leaders to see the wisdom in our decisions, there is now formally a vendetta between the Spartan Federation and Morgan Industries.

Comment

Yes, yes and yes (to all 3 suggestions)

Comment

Yes, in retrospect we probably should have used the SATF rovers to take out Red Fungus. That was probably our only major mis-step. But wow, 16 bases! I was anticipating maybe 12 at the most. And now we've got the PEG, so we should have energy banks in all of our bases now, right? I would have thought that our income would thus be much higher. Has the PEG come into effect yet?
                          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Snod, that first story you posted in the public forum is brilliant.
                            I can imagine every faction wondering "Is it against us? Are we finished yet?"
                            From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
                              Snod, that first story you posted in the public forum is brilliant.
                              I can imagine every faction wondering "Is it against us? Are we finished yet?"
                              Thanks

I will post the diplomatic stuff to Gaia when I get home. Maybe we should even send something to the Morgans? We can explain to them that they have been defeated. They have two options:
                              • Stage a pathetic counterattack, delay their destruction and join the Gaians or whatever. The game will drag on for a while
                              • Join us, give us a password to their save, accounts to their private forum and control of their faction. The game will be over that much sooner, taking them closer to ACDG4!

I would consider option 2 quite closely.

If somebody wants to put together a Phalanx episode of the stuff we've done that would be great, I'm not sure I'll have time to do that today.

Comment

PM:s sent to Chaos Theory, but binTravkins pm-box is full.

Comment

Working...
                                X