No announcement yet.

MY-2199 - Planning and Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're building an executive cruise ship (an armoured transport) on the west coast. Were they trying to launch an invasion on the Uni??!

Comment

Okay I'm off for the night. I think it is safe for Googlie to move the Disco Volante to face CoT though, would anybody disagree? This way, we can see if we have any junk on those shorelines. That could really make our job more difficult.

Comment

Here's the updated Sim: Corrected for energy reserves as well

Edit: - Sim replaced with a later version (see below)
        Last edited by Googlie; December 6, 2005, 17:29.

Comment

sailed the Disco into Choke Bay - nothing on the shore blocking the road, so brought up the IoD as well

Operation Golden Dawn is a go!!

We're ready to rumble (off to play with the sim)

When are we scheduling the turnchat and live invasion?
          Attached Files

Comment

And here's the sim with those moves incorporated - let's see in the next 24 hours who can capture the most bases!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm - the cost to m/c has drastically coem down in the sim with the removal of those 2 choppers - I wonder if the game parallel's this?

And I can see Red Fungus resort becoming a pain in the neck

12 bases my first try. I got Vander, Vulcanaology, Robotics, Money Valley, Polymers and Scorpi with the Laconian force, Choke, Hindenberg and Micha with the SATF and ZZT, Mussels and Transport (the latter with the Chaos rover dropping and still with 3 mp's left!!) from Gagarin

Comment

Well, got Red Fungus (plus the same 12) at the second try

If I can remember what I did, I'll set out a move-by move (although I'm sure that the Morgan formers won't be in the positions that I gave them)

Key is to save the rovers for deep inland excursions, where their 9-tile elite moves can prove decisive (or 6, plus enough for an attack and then entry)

Comment

Hmm - some key questions to be answered before we embark:

What is the objective this turn?
                  • To maximize the number of bases that we capture? (prolly 13, maybe 14)
                  • To inflict a crippling blow this turn, while elaving enough units fresh to finish the job next turn? (maybe 8 or 9 bases, but with B-8's landed in captured bases ready for action next turn
                  • To maximize infrastructure (crawlers and formers) damage this turn while capturing a handful of bases (say 5 or so) and let them sue for peace and a subservient role

Answering these will dictate how aggressive we'll be in using our B-8's and F-8's this turn, but leaving them needing to land next turn (or kamikazi next turn)

Considerations:

Morgan has 7 Interceptors. We'll capture 4 at Choke when we mind control there, and will destroy the others at Vander (1), Mussels (1) and Chaunk (1) - the latter if we kamikazi the F-6 currently riding CAP on the NATF (my recommendation)

They have 2 Chaos Penetrators, whereabouts unknown, therefore in the air, and one trained Chaos penetrator, which we'll capture at Choke

They have 3 fusion powered Chaos Choppers, 1 of which we'll capture at Choke, 1 we'll destroy at Vander, and the 3rd is 75% damaged south of choke between Choke and Weapon Arm

So their potential for a counterattack is negligible. Sure, they can kamikazi their two noodles on captured bases, exposed units, or our transports, but the damage will be pinpricks, and won't stop our inevitable conquest

We can land the 3 Buster Ocean interceptors currently airborne in Scorpi, Polymers and Robotics (or Vander), to protect the 2 SP's we'll capture. But in my sim (going for the max number of bases) I used our inteceptors - plus those we captured - liberally to take down crawlers and formers that were blocking access to bases that B-8's had emptied

There's also the issue of the gaians AI declaring Vendetta when we exercise the mindcontrol. We'll have to offer them a treaty again tyo run around it (and be careful that they don't realize how overextended we are and make an opportunistic attack on us)

Comment

YES!!!!! MWHAHAHAHA!!!

No, I still don't think the Morganites know about our invasion. I mean, they're still building research hospitals! After seeing 11 land units approaching their shores, they would switch all of their product to military instantly if they had any sense. And they could have at least cut the road to Vander Eudaimonics. No, and they couldn't have sighted the LTF, because their interceptor (the only plane with the range to do that) is back in Vander, so it would have been impossible for them to fly that plane all the way out into the ocean and back. I still don't know how to interpret the that the Morganites posted in the turn-tracking-thread.

Without looking at specific scenarios, I would say that we should go for maximum number of bases captured this turn. The only limit I see on our ability to stretch our forces will be our need to hold onto the two SP bases. Other than buttressing those bases, I think we should try to grab as many bases as possible. It's likely that the Morganites won't even try to fight back--they'll probably just try to recapture whatever bases they can (losing a few bases to a counterattack isn't of much concern to us, as long as they don't recapture the SP bases) and then self-destruct all their remaining bases, recognizing that their situation is hopeless.
                    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Do you want to go ahead and play the turn?

Looks like it'd only be you, me and Snod interested in following along

If you want to do it realtime, then go to the chat room and I'll meet you there and play along

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
                        Without looking at specific scenarios, I would say that we should go for maximum number of bases captured this turn. The only limit I see on our ability to stretch our forces will be our need to hold onto the two SP bases. Other than buttressing those bases, I think we should try to grab as many bases as possible. It's likely that the Morganites won't even try to fight back--they'll probably just try to recapture whatever bases they can (losing a few bases to a counterattack isn't of much concern to us, as long as they don't recapture the SP bases) and then self-destruct all their remaining bases, recognizing that their situation is hopeless.
                        I agree - (I talked myself into this opinion when penning the previous post)

They really don't have much that can hurt us, and it'll mainly be B-8's that are outside bases, and they can't hurt them with no interceptors ............

So we try for 13 bases (which I think is the max we can get this turn)

And maybe Chaunk's ... ... was in relation to the Hive churning out drop chaos units like crazy

Comment

I'm glad to know that things look go!
                          I agree with the maximum impact approach. The Morgans will be lost.

A turnchat works for me later this evening. That is to say about ... 9 hours from now, and then it can extend for any number of hours. If you want to do it before, I can follow in from work, but not participate too much. It's a shame I don't have time to do any practice runs in the sim.

Should I prepare some kind of announcement? I am foreign affairs officer after all. Zeiter should post his articles first though

Comment

How about at 11:00 Greenwich time (5:00 CDT) this coming morning?
                            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Just in case: I won't be able to join the chat and will only download the endturn friday morning CET. So don't wait on me!

I'm looking forward reading the chat-log.
                              GO CRUSH THEM, FOLKS!!
                              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I would go for Googlie's second option -- the one going for many bases, but leaving a strong force for the follow-up turn. Just in case they do have surprises. Losing ~9 bases on one turn will cripple them anyway, I think.
                                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                                X