MY-2199 - Planning and Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeiter
    How about at 11:00 Greenwich time (5:00 CDT) this coming morning?
    I could be there, sporadically.
    Modo, when can you join in?

Comment

Well, I could, if I only knew where it sits, and how to log in.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I'm in the chat room now, if anyone wants to join. The next time I can be in the chatroom is approximately 17:00 CDT later today.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Also: I doubt that I would like to play the turn, though. This is a pretty pivotal turn, and I wouldn't want to mess something up or make some mundane mistake and diminish our success.
          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I don't know what CDT is, can you state that time relative to now? For instance, I will be able to participate whole-heartedly at 16:30 Linköping time, which is 4 hours from now. But I think Googlie should participate too, he's run this simulation several times, without him we shouldn't do anything critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
              Well, I could, if I only knew where it sits, and how to log in.
              The chat room is on our Sparta website:

and click on "the Command Center"

then on the "live chat" applet

(You neeed Java installed as it's a java powered chatroom - the screen will prompt you if you need it)

enter your name (eg "Googlie" for me) and you're in

I'm there now and will hang around for a couple of hours, but then will need to go offline for six or so

EDIT - 1: 1700 CDT (which is 1500 Pacific time, or 2300 London time) works for me as well - would that be midnight for you, Snod and Modo?

EDIT -2: Meanwhile I'll go ahead and make some of the non-invasion moves and infrastructure stuff, and post a later save
              Last edited by Googlie; December 7, 2005, 08:50.

Comment

2199 moves
                • reset our slider allocation to 40/10/50 (that gives the best combination of economy and research right now)
                • Flew the southernmost interceptor (the one flying CAP on the laconian task force) to Vander bay just to ensure that Morgan hadn’t cluttered up the bay with a ship or two (they hadn’e) - that F-8 will land there anyways after we take the base
                • Moved the terraformer division units at Minas Tirith into boreholing position - put those in transit to clearing fungus en-route (next turn they’ll move onto the borehole and prolly finish the task turn after)
                • sailed the slow southern trannie into position and disembarked the colony pod and CDF - with the pod being elite, it still had a mp left, so founded the base and gave it the temporary name of Threenuts Crag (it’s our gateway to the Freshwater Sea as welll). What to build there? Aerospace center, maybe?
                • left the SCC Iaci covering the empty trannie - in a couple of turns, when the trannie reaches Kel and has loaded the secpnd colony pod, the Iaci can enter the Freshwater sea and pop those pods there
                • sent the B-8 and F-8 that were in ARC’s suburbs (mindworm fighting) to 3Nuts That’ll give the Gaians fits if they conduct a flyby
                • sent ARC’s 2 formers to its riverfarm to construct a condensor to fuel ARC’s growth - after that they can assist in its borehole
                • landed the 2 F-8's that were south of ARC , respectively, at Fort Sol and Defiance Freehold
                • brought the SCC Njord up through that narrow neck en route for 3Nuts (or the next base we found on 78:66)
                • sent the CDF (by the sporelauncher south of ARC) into Defiance Freehold where it will be needed next turn for drone control (as the base grows from 2 to 3)
                Of course, next turn we’ll have the HGP working for us, so won’t be so stressed with needing 3 CDF’s for a size 6 pop control
                • Ran the scout rover west of Vijay repeatedly up and down the fungus-infested river but no mindworms stirring (and we get 9 moves as its elite)
                • rumbled in the Taygetus fungus with the 2 Hoplites and the mindworm, but nothing there
                • sent our Crypteia back into garrisoning at Mendelev and Gagarin
                • as Zak has a probe defender at New Arzamas, sent the Crypteia that was heading there on towards Academgorodok instead
                • moved our (returned) Longstrider from Ironholm to just outside Climactic resources - it’ll reach Axademgorodok next turn - before the one en-route over the forests gets there
                • redeployed Fort Liberty’s 2 formers (who were foresting the river tile between FL and Ironholm) to road/mine the rocky tile se of FL
                • moved Messena’s 5 formers 1 tile southeast to farm/condense that river tile being crawled by Olympus Academy
                Attached Files

Comment

I could participate at midnight, though I would prefer to start it an hour or so earlier. I really won't be able to stay up all that late, there's work to do tomorrow

Comment

I'm pushing the envelope for a 14:00 Pacific time start, but I'll try - it may be more like 1430, though (2230 London time)

For our next phase of growth, we need hab complexes in a number of bases, so I'll put speeder crawlers in production reasdy for MM'ing them in a couple of turns

Comment

I was able to take 16 bases with the simulator!

This is a log of how I did it. There might be some inaccuracies since it crashed on me one. Some ZoC stuff was not properly managed, and of course since we are guessing on the formers not everything will be alright. But here it is:

The trick with the northern bases is quite pivotal to taking this many bases

CoT
                      MC CoT with Disco Volante + 1 probe team

Vander
                      Upgrade 4-1 to 4~-1
                      Attack F-6 in Vander with F-8 from Sector Craterwest
                      Attack defenders 3x in Vander with Chaos Rover in LATF
                      Attack defenders 2x in Vander with Impact marine in LATF
                      Take Vander with Battle Ogre from LATF
                      Enter Vander with Transports
                      Enter Vander with F-8 which covered the LATF

Vulcanology
                      Attack crawler (35,15) with F-8 in Vander
                      Attack defender at Vulcanology with (non-elite) B-8 in Craterwest
                      Tack Vulcanology with Ogre from Vander

Scorpi
                      Attack defender at Scorpi with rover from Vander
                      Take Scorpi with rover

Impaler
                      Clear path with chopper from CoT
                      Attack with B-8 from CoT
                      Take with unity rover from Vander
                      Garrison with 1-<3+> from LATF
                      Enter with (6) and bombard Red Fungus

Money Valley
                      Clear base with F-6 from CoT (could take two of them)
                      Take with rover from Impaler

ZZt
                      Attack ZTT with B-8 from Liberty
                      Attack ZTT with Steppenwolves from SATF
                      Take ZZT with Steppenwolves

... Northern drop crawl
                      Attack defender at Mines with B-8 from Craterwest
                      Attack crawler (38,6) with B-8 from Craterwest
                      Tack Interstellar with Mobile Infantry from Vander
                      Take Paramiria with Mobile Infantry from Interstellar
                      Take Mines with with Mobile Infantry from Paramiria

SATF
                      Attack former (22,22) with elite B-8 from Liberty
                      Attack defender at Hinderburg with Chaos rover from SATF
                      Take Hindenburg with said Chaos rover
                      Attack crawler (26,20) with chopper in CoT

Take Money valley?
                      Attack crawler (28,12) with chopper

Mussels
                      Clear with a bunch of B-8 from Liberty
                      Drop all units from Gagarin in Mussels (taking it)

Micha
                      Take with chaos rover from SATF

Transport
                      Attack crawler (24,14) with F-6 from CoT
                      Attack defender in Transport with F-6 from CoT
                      Tack Transport with drop rover from Mussels

Robotics
                      Drop MI6 to (36,12) from Vander
                      Attack Robotics with MI6 (high risk!)
                      Take Robotics with MI6

Argi Narnia
                      Attack Argi with F-6 from CoT, fighter scrambles from Curry (we probably shouldn't do this)
                      Attack with MI6 from Mussels
                      Take with MI from Mussels

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                        I was able to take 16 bases with the simulator!
                        Are there any left in that case?

Oh, I got into the Command Center, so I can be there when the sh*t hits the fan.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yes they have 22 bases
                          I should mention that the attack on Argi Narnia is by far the most risky, SMAX gave me 3 to 2 odds on that attack with the MI6. Didn't check it with my combat sim.

Comment

In a second run, I was actually able to take Red Fungus Resort too. But I had to suicide an F-8 that was flying over Buster Ocean to take out the plasma defender. The next defender was taken out with an F-6 from CoT.

Also, the MI6 attack on Morgan Robotics failed in my second attempt, the MI6 only had 15% left after its attack so it was unable to invade. The rover in Scorpi could take over the base instead, but it left Scorpi undefended ... Which sucks.

Maybe we can upgrade all our F-6 to F-8 fusion? Costs 300 including the boys in CoT (-1 which died in this run).

Comment

How about I post something like this in the general forum? Though I'd like to wait until we actually start the attack.

The Nguyen family sat closely gathered together by the radio in their apartment. Life in the underground complexes of Society Grid carried on as usual. Their government assured them that the Angel military presence in the vicinity was merely part of a trap against the Datatech troops, so there was no reason for concern. Yang was a brilliant leader, of course. Right now, they were trying to catch the final part of the evening theater performance, broadcast live from Unity Lair.

Of course, now with these blasted sunspots, reception was poor at best. Father Nguyen had worked hard to hook up various antenna and devices to enhance the signal, and it seemed to work. But in their daily frantic channel surfing, they had started picking up military frequencies. Both the bizarre electronic signals they had learned to associate with the Datatech communications, and of course the familiar voices of loyal Hive soldiers, shouting out their orders and damage reports.

But today, right in the middle of the monologue by comrade Ulrich, the Nguyens picked up something different. A plethora of voices came streaming out of the radio, uttering short and concise phrases, with precision timing and order. It was reminiscent of machine gun fire in rhythm, though the words did not usually make much sense. Sometimes it would stop abruptly, but just as suddenly start all over again a minute or so later. Father Nguyen was fascinated, though quite upset over missing his favourite part of the play.

Long after the play was over, Father continued to listed to the mysterious broadcasts. He eventually decided to call the military police to alert them of his discovery. It might get him some extra credits, perhaps even a transfer to the Rec Commons in The Hive.

The military of course seized his equipment, and transferred the Nguyens to front line service in Labor Network. Deep inside the Hive, military intelligence officers were frantically trying to decipher the Spartan command transmissions. There were many of them ... Finally, the Spartan military machine was moving. But where were they going? The entire Hive command center held its breath as the radio team triangulated the source of the transmissions.

Comment

Post it now!!

(The attack is imminent)

Comment

Working...
                                X