No announcement yet.

The Mess Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, so we're having a doctrine declaration thingus? I should start assembling a Phalanx issue, then. Is this the one about other factions not coming close to our coast?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      Okay, so we're having a doctrine declaration thingus? I should start assembling a Phalanx issue, then. Is this the one about other factions not coming close to our coast?
      Correct. And I'll do an "embedded reporter" feature on the capture of University Base that can be included as well

And you can describe the completion of the Command Nexus & the Maritime Control Center, and enunciate the Modo Doctrine.

Comment

• testing something
        testing something

Weird. [size=1 ] [/size ] doesn't work anymore for me.
        Last edited by Maniac; December 18, 2004, 11:03.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• I see Diss fairly frequently as being listed as online, but he rarely visits the Sparta forums now

Any reason he's dropped out?

Sparta members online as at 17:35 PST today
          Comrade Tassadar, Dissident, Googlie, Kassiopeia, Maniac

Comment

• Happy New Year Sparta! Have a nice night!

Comment

• Dissident probably just got bored or something of the sort. He's a very prolific OT poster regardless.

Oh, and a Happy New Mission Year 2005 to my brothers in arms!
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Yes - happy New Year to all the Junta (it's still over 11 hours away here at Googlie's CRYPTEIA Command Center)

Comment

• Have a look at this, posted by Micha in the rec commons. Directed at us?

* Micha orders a XenoBrew, sits down on a table in the corner and pulls out a holobook in which he starts reading:

CEO Nwabudike Morgan: "The Ethics of Greed", Chapter VII Part One, "The Buck Bible"
                  Money, the manifestation of greed, is by no means a simple institution that helps comparing the values of goods. Neither it can be defined as a needed system to ensure workforce loyality.
                  The true purpose of money is its role as the central meaning of life itself!
                  Every wholehearted Capitalist feels the everlasting truth in that statement. However, some individuals lack the perception of life´s basic underlying concepts.
                  So it is each enlightened Morgan´s duty to help educating the misguided and poor people, whereever they are. Political, geographical or ideological barriers must not hinder them!

But beware, there are some on this world who do not value what is life to us. They cannot understand the beauty that is greed. They may even think of life as "manpower" that must be used to expand the "influence" of their pity societies. Those people have no respect for the might of economical power. They regard money as the value of another manpower unit.
                  Such contempt for the meaning of life can not be tolerated and must be fought by every means available!

Comment

• Heh, I suppose they don't have contact with the Gaians or the Angels yet if they have to do their propaganda so underhandedly.

Comment

• I replied, enquiring about sales figures in Paraminia
                      (The base that starved due to supporting the Hunter)
                      I hope I didn't violate some security protocol

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                        I replied, enquiring about sales figures in Paraminia
                        (The base that starved due to supporting the Hunter)
                        Nice.
                        Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                        I hope I didn't violate some security protocol
                        I don't think you gave them anything useful. Even better if Morgan thinks you did.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• I picked up Starship Troopers at the local library following the discussion in the general forum, and it's a good book! I'm about half way through it right now. It's really interesting to read the social/political opinions in the Federation, and I will read the discussions on ACDG Sparta vs. Starship Troopers when I'm done with the book.

Anyway, it should be mandatory reading for all members

Comment

Anyway, it should be mandatory reading for all members
                            Pffft. Now, "Sun Tzu's Art of War", that I could understand...
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I picked up Starship Troopers at the local library following the discussion in the general forum, and it's a good book!
                              Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Modo44
                              Now, "Sun Tzu's Art of War", that I could understand...
                              Your wish, my command.

link

Anyway, I just had my last exam for this semester today: Sociology of the Moral (or however it could be translated).

Comment

• The problem with The Art of War that it's a slew of pretty obvious things for anyone with half a brain and some knowledge of military engagements and tactics in general. Attack when the enemy isn't ready, piece them down to smaller chunks and take them one at a time, don't let them rest, deny them supplies, that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X