• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My submission for Issue #3:

MorganTV Listings

8pm
    M-SPAN1: Live from The Boardroom
    Live coverage of the Morgan Industries boardroom (edited for content).

M-SPAN2: TOO HOT FOR M-SPAN1!
    What we couldn't show you on M-SPAN: until now.

M-SPAN3: WAY TOO HOT FOR M-SPAN1!
    What we couldn't show you on M-SPAN2 or M-SPAN1.

Morgalodeon: The Antique Rug-rats
    Tommy loses his gold-plated dummy.

MorganBusiness: 24HR Market Coverage
    Bringing you up to the minute data on MISE and PSX.

MorganMovies: Trading Hour
    A hardened ex-cop and his young partner make a crapload of crash.

MorganDiscovery: Planetary Biology
    How to breed Mindworms for fun and profit. Well, profit mainly.

MorganHistory: Wall Street
    An in-depth look at the first bastion of true capitalism.

MorganReality: The Apprentice
    Sixteen candidates vie for a vice-presidential position in Morgan Industries.

MorganNewsNetworks: The News Hour with Han Solo
    A holographic Han Solo is this week's host of our exclusive news program.

Morgan Playboy: HOT 3 on 3 ACTION!!!
    You can guess.

Morgan World Service: Greed: Our Greatest Asset
    An in-depth explanation of why Greed is Good.
    Lone Amigo Insurance:
    "We're your only friend!"

Comment

As a bit of propaganda, can we from now on refer to Probe Teams as Lawyers?
      Lone Amigo Insurance:
      "We're your only friend!"

Comment

That's a good idea. Morgan lawyers file new suit of property rights against the Spartans.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Probe teams should definitely be called Lawyers , or maybe Litigators to be a little more pretentious.
          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

here's another article if you guys want it:

MORGAN INDUSTRIES CELEBRATES CAPITALISM DAY!

Youngsters go to the 'money tunnel' and try to put as many coins into their wallet in 5 minutes. This year's record was 5000 coins! Outside the exit, many children were seen on cell phones, placing buy orders.

The classic baord games of 'Centaurioloply', 'Apprentice' and 'Hostile Takeover' are played by many. "You're fired", "Taken over!" and "Mine! Mine! All mine!" can be heard across any Morgan base.

Movies such as the classic horror film, "CEO Carl gets audited" staring Steve Martin and Hugo Weaving, the thriller "Barbarians at the Gates", the inspirational "Wall Street: edited version" and the comedy "Yang's third five year plan to stimulate economic growth".

Stories such as "Morgan Shrugged" (not to be confused with another MUCH longer and boring book) and "The businessman and the politician" were read in the creches.

Elders tell tales from earth, of hostile takeovers, the vast amounts of red tape, and IRS audits. The younger generation is ofthen amazed to learn lawyers were civilians instead of a branch of the military back on earth.

Comment

Awesome! With just a few more articles, we'll be able to publish in a couple of weeks.
              She cheats her lover of his due
              but still contrives to keep him tied
              by first deciding to refuse
              and then refusing to decide

Comment

Whos going to do the writeup on Richard Baxton(Recon Rover Rick)?

Comment

I have an advertisement for the magazine:

Buy a six pack of Morgan Magma Munchies today! Crusty igneous on the outside, scalding hot pyroplastic flow in the center! Mmmmmm...
                  "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Several people have mentioned that It´d be great if share values were actually linked to something within the faction. Any plans of following Googlie´s idea about this?
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                    Let me eat your yummy brain!
                    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Post count sounds good. Perhaps Kody could produce his post count stats for the private forum and we could work those into the share price. Perhaps Share price+=(PPD-1)?
                      Play hangman.

Comment

• Idea is good, but the formula is bad. For people like me it takes years to actually change postcount.

I´d say we take the ratio of (your posts) / (total posts) of a certain timespan and link that to share prices. First of all we need to reset share values to a common starting point...

I´d like it much better if the stock exchange would reflect our faction´s prospering, though. Googlie had a good plan for that, but it needs much caretaking by someone. How about that?
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• From the creators of the Recon Rover Rick series comes a production of good vs evil, freedom vs oppression and capitalism vs beuracracy. This is the story of Litigator Linslow sent to the base Central Planning in the evil communist nation to negotiate a trade treaty. During his stay, Litigator Winslow sees the communist nation first hand is the hell it is know to be. Citizens are expected to feed and house the garrisons for free?!?! Property is owned by the state, and economyic activity is PLANNED by commitees in the capital. Drone riots are prevented by brutal suppression by the military, and not with facilities, or simple luxuries like Xenocomfort pillows?!?! People are expected to work long hours for the good of the state instead of money in a civilized nation?!?! Even in death, the citizen serves the communist nation by "become one with the people". Litigator Linslow overhears plans for a surprise attack to conquer the luxurous base of Morgan Geothermal in the name of the chairman. Linslow thinks of his daughter pledging alliegance to the inept chairman and knows action must be taken. With the aid of his fellow litigators and 200 EC, they showed the righteousness of capitalism to the brainwashed people of Central Planning.

Nwabudike Morgan himself calls in Linslow to scold him for endangering the peace. Linslow delievers a seething speach to Nawbudike Morgan for compromising his principles for the evil chairman. Morgan realizes the error in his ways, and refuses to give the emancipated people of Central Planning back to the evil chairman. Morgan then convinces neighbors of the communist nation to invade with the help the treasury. In the end, Linslow is congrajulated for his congrageousness by Nwabudike Morgan and given a substantial cash prize.

Comment

• Also:

Chairman Yang and Nwabudike Morgan shook hands as they talked to each other for the first time since arriving on planet. A treaty between the Hive and Morgan industries was signed pledging not to attack each other, and provide assitance in returning home upon entering the others' territory. Attempts to negotiate a trade treaty fell apart as Yang refused to lower tariffs below 200% and Morgan's refusal to permit export of high energy lasers. The Morgan Industries chief negotiator was quoted as saying. "We wil continue to work towards a profitable trade agreement with the Human Hive."

I assume Morgan will be kept around and used for PR purposes.

Comment

• Na. We kicked Morgan out. Also, we don't want to let the other teams know we've encountered Yang just yet. So let's hold off from telling the world about this.
                              She cheats her lover of his due
                              but still contrives to keep him tied
                              by first deciding to refuse
                              and then refusing to decide

Comment

• These articles may be used as far in the future as desired. Sure, Morgan was removed from power, but that doesn't mean he is dead. I figure he has a cushy academic job, or kept in cryogenic sleep and pulled out for public events.

Comment

Working...
                                X