No announcement yet.

turn 2200 - the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In browsing the archives, the following thread seemed relevant to our situation:

In summary, a losing PBEM faction chose to go on an atrocity binge using nerve gas units, causing sea levels to rise.

Since we're already under long-term sanctions for obliterating many of our bases, we have no (potential) commerce income to lose. If we could trigger a sea level rise, we and the Gaians might be better able to recover. With enough diplomatic warning, both of us would have enough ec to rush pressure domes (assuming infiltration, we have to wait until the game gave a warning).

The Spartans would have greater difficulty preserving cities since they have more of them ...

At worse, it might buy us some time ...

In any case, nerve gas units would be helpful (as will be using PB's).
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• The Spartans would now at once what we attempt. They have infiltration, remember?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• They would know if we were building pressure domes. But if we were building units with nerve gas, they might think that we're only trying to have a more powerful unit and they might try to counter with better armor, more choppers, needlejets, etc.

And if we're attacking them with everything we have, they might think we're desparate with no strategic plan (of course it helps that may really be true ...)

Comment

• Unfortunatly the guy with the better infrastructure(sparta here) will more easily evade damage from raising sea levels due to easier dome building and sea former building or etc. i thought of the same thing vyeh, but even before morgan was attacked i couldnt see it working.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• A undefended transport with 2 rovers in it was near the southern most sparta base, but to destroy it would require a chaos needlejet(fusion) so i didnt. I miscounted on the rush formula and underrushed a chreche and moved up lotsa troops. apparently CT wants to wait until shard weapons tilll their big attack. whatever
            Attached Files

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• quoted from Chaos Theory
              So the Spartan-Gaian war has begun, at last. Oddly, it began with a whimper rather than a bang. Apart from a single nerve gassing (still more of an annoyance than anything), damage was rather light. Spartan losses after our turn will total 7 units, and Gaian losses are about the same, plus some sacrificial early-warning units. Until plasma shard technology (1-2 turns), Spartan bases are too well-defended to attack, but units sent at us can be destroyed.
              -NT, just posting for yall's reading enjoyment.

Comment

• Kataphraktoi, just looking through the turn, some points for the Dictator.

Make Fusion Supply:
                rover chasis, supply equipment, fusion reactor, cost 3 rows!
                the same price as regular crawler but 2 move points.

you may also switch between obsolete/non-obsolete.

A question - what is strategy for dealing with Hive-Spartan war?
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                  Is it true we have no HQ? I never bothered to check, assuming we did.
                  So... from where you dictate your Greatship?
                  ----
                  Forgive me my sens of humor...
                  Anyway, DA seems to be investing heavily into air power.
                  About PB Spartans. Consider "clearing" the path for the missile to fly to the target base. One of the strategies to defend such important base may be place enough formers and other units on tiles around - so there is no tile nearby to detonate the PB. I gues some bombers-needlejets to do it
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

• Your correct, i completely forgot about the superior crawler design.

As for PB'ing sparta, dunno when that will be aranged. The gaians have not shown massive interests in such a plan, although CT told me they would or could make a PB within 1-2 turns notice. I havnt seen the latest turn,and if anyone has thoughts on how to get it within range, lemme know.

Comment

• Hey guys, could someone play the next few turns. While its no prob for me to play the turn timewise,i have not been giving it the needed attention-like last turn i just loaded and played and only that because of the time limit...

Tiss true i redirected alot of smac time to Uncharted Waters. Think i spent 6 hours on 1 turn all combined... NW must die

Dont kill me!! Im too young to die...

Comment

• Anyone? I have a lot of RL stuff, smac suffers, but I could play if noone else wants.
                        Forester, Geo?
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• Just surrender...
                          No serious, with the upcoming C4DG I won't have time.
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I am back from a conference, so I can look at the turn tomorrow. Going to bed now.

Getting the PB within range is a definite problem, Clearing the path will cause Yang war maybe.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• If Forester isn't interested and you're talking about surrender, anyway, I have the time.

Just tell me how I do an endturn to post in this forum without a "reload warning" showing up when I pass the turn on.

If you decide to let me play out the game, introduce me to the appropriate Gaian ambassador so I can coordinate.

Edit: I was composing the above message, while Herc was posting. I defer to him (I had seen Kata's message 12 hours ago, but I would prefer someone else play).
                              Last edited by vyeh; February 17, 2006, 19:20.

Comment

• We have 8.5 hours to deadline.
                                If Hercules does not play, you can make "midturns" - just save the game - before hitting the endturn - during making the turn, game quits then. You reload the midturn to complete it, since game prompts for DA password. After you hit endturn - it prompts for next player.
                                If reloading midturns game should not indicate multiple reloads. Do not reload midturns already played - this gives reloads. You can make many subsequent midturns.

I think active Gaians are Chaos Theory and binTravkin. You can pm them if you need to.
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X