No announcement yet.

turn 2200 - the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see us try the PB on Sparta Command/HSA city. If that doesn't succeed and the Gaians don't want to keep playing, then I see the point of a joint surrender. The interest in an ACDG game that is inevitable is probably not high although there isn't much activity on the next ACDG thread.

If the Gaians want to keep playing, then I'd rather stay in the game as a DA making conquest by the Spartans as expensive as possible. Access to the Spartan forum during the mop up would be very boring (although the archives might have some interest)
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Last time, all forums were opened after the 'Borg surrender. Most of us spent a busy 2 weeks browsing them.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Hmm. May have to delete that old unused newsheet draft -- wouldn't want to offend the Spartans

Comment

Oh please, don't. Give them the pleasure of feeling justified taking us out.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd prefer that the justification be the PB bombing of the Spartan HQ and HSA followed by an overreaction by Sparta against us followed by a successful counterattack by Yang splitting the Spartan empire in 2 followed by a Spartan defeat followed by ...

We can dream ...

Comment

And you sure are dreaming...
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Is it true we have no HQ? I never bothered to check, assuming we did.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Well, with Enigma_Machine obliterated... It's not Civ4, you know, that game automatically moves the seat of government.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well is it too late to build one? Efficiency and all that.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• It's a pity the Hive won't probe us and take Org. Super.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I assumed we had built one ASAP, and never checked. CT pointed it out to me. I plan on making one. CT told me they will fight to the last, so should be a very good investment. wished i did it before though

Why was our HQ named 'enigma' machine, btw?

Comment

• We'll have Adv Spaceflight in two turns (2203-5 if this keeps up), and will then pump out as many shard nerve gas units as practical, and bring them to bear against the Spartans. Our plan to take a Hive base was foiled by the candidate's construction of an Aero complex, and we aren't in position to conduct much of a naval invasion, or take another Hive base.

If we (or you) are in position to really hurt the Spartans with a PB, we could pop one out with 1-2 turns' notice.

Our forums are rather dead, but there's a little information there to be had. On this general topic, I think you'd reap a significant return from building a headquarters near the center of your continent. We're willing to play until defeated, however long it takes. I would like to know just why you blew up half your bases, though.
                          Just letting yall know how diplo is going

Comment

• I would like to know just why you blew up half your bases, though.
                            Well i told him retropsectivly it was a mistake IMHO but at the time we all agreed to it

Comment

• Blowing up the bases was a desparate strategy, but it did keep the Spartans from establishing a foothold on our continent.

If the Gaians are willing to play until defeat, we should too. I'm a little concerned that the Gaians are in a vendetta with the Hive. It can only help the Spartans.

I would like to see them PB a Spartan base. Perhaps the Spartans might try to protect their bases from a second Gaian PB, leaving an opening for Yang or us.

Comment

• Best thing we could (perhaps) do, is dropping that PB on the biggest stack of Spartan troops we can find. It's bound to set their advance back.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X