Comment

• I asked the Spartans how much they want for Doc:Flex
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Received from the Spartans:

The Junta has decided to ask you the technology called Industrial Economics in exchange. Note that all of our tech exchanges by default entail a 15 year embargo covering trade to third parties (including the transfer of units with abilities given by said tech to a third faction to reverse engineer the ability).

Would you also be interested in negotiating a trade for Ethical Calculus? The going price is 15 credits for 10 mission years. You must also agree to not build Citizen's Defence Force, since Intellectual Integrity will be a derivative of our intellectual property. (I apologize if the Angel faction feels insulted at the term, you may suggest a better one if you find it uncomfortable.)

For the Junta,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Kassiopeia, Diplomatic and Foreign Affairs Officer of the Spartan Junta.
        15 year embargo is quite a bit I must say. I start to object to this, and see for a lower time.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• My response:

The Data Angels are capable of offering Industrial Economics, that is not a problem.

However, the embargo timeframe, while understandable, is too long for making common sense. It is effectively embargoing to exchange with any other party that way while there is still a chance it is a usefull trading technology.

We must insist on a substantially shorter embargo rate, and propose 3 years as a reasonable timeframe.

IT GeoModder
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Also if our Doc: Mob deal with Gaians goes ahead we will have Doc Flex anyway well within that 15 year period.

150 ecs (15x10) for Ethical Calculus is too high a price especially as we can't really use it effectively for another few years, nor can we afford it.

Hey I thought the Spartans were supposed to be research challenged
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Looks like we have an 'ivory tower' team on this ACDG after all.

And for EthCalc, I won't even comment on that, it's too flagrant.

A deal with the Spartans would only give it us a few years sooner, but if they don't cut down to at least around 5 years embargo I am not prepared to trade. We got a solid exchange deal with the Gaians here, the Spartans are just a possible shortcut atm.

O yes, they will sent us a pré-accepted Peace Treaty. If no objections, I'll accept it.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The Gaians announce they are negotiating about Doc:Flex as well with the Spartans... I'll let you know more when I do.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I more or less broke the negotiations about Doc:Flex with the Spartans. Kassi proposed to shorten the embargo time to 9 years, but this is still a bit too high IMO. Some other Spartans (the Lt. Colonels) interfered with some yaddayadda about Intellectual property and stuff.

I countered with some stuff about 'free flow of information'.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Advise them Morgan is about to build PTS, so while we all negotaite over weeks about techs they will stride ahead.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• ATM the Morgans are weakest next to us (or is it the other way around?). But I'll do.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• From Kassi:

Very well.

We know that you are engaging in "free flow of information" with the Gaians, therefore we are rather reluctant from now on to deal with either of you exclusively; we'd rather trade with you as a single entity (with the prices upped accordingly) since the data will be spread like wildfire between the two of you. It's curious that the Gaians decided to wring out Applied Physics out of you for our commlink while selling it to us as well - the Spartans would not do such a thing to a pactmate or a friend.

Regardless, we are willing to trade you Gene Splicing for Social Psych - no embargos at all. This is an unfavourable trade to us, but we know that you will receive GS from the Gaians sooner or later, so we kindly ask you to try to give us even a slight show of co-operation and to give us something for it. We were the ones who acquired it and traded it to the Gaians in the first place, after all - you could at least recognize our merit in its discovery and reimbuse us accordingly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Kassiopeia, Diplomatic and Foreign Affairs Officer of the Spartan Junta.
                        I am not sure this is whether an attempt to find out what sort of beeline we're following, or a genuine trade proposal. I've answered with a counter proposal tho. See below.

Regarding the previous technology exchange negotiations: The Commerce Ops Centre had decided that the price asked by the Spartans was too high seen in light of other Angel' possibilities of acquiring that particular technology in the short term. There is no ill will involved.

As for the current proposal, I cannot assure 100 % backup by the Commerce Ops at this moment, but wouldn't seen in light of recent 'disciplinary' happenings within the Spartan command structure be better to acquire Biogenetics in exchange for Gene Splicing? I am pretty sure disciplinary measures are better performed in the Rec Tanks then in the Rec Commons.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I know I'm confused with what they're actually wanting...
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• FF, you're alive!!!
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Yep... I can post at work again... doesn't mean I get to play my PBEM turns . But at least I get my 'poly fix.
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• The Spartans would agree with a trade of Biogenetics for Gene Splicing.

Do we accept?
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X