No announcement yet.

Sid games C3C: how to improve our skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s a shot of my new and improved pillaging machine. I'd rather slow down the speed of enemy reinforcements by trashing them and follow on with dozens of slaves for rebuilding.
    Attached Files
    The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• I opened up on Korea with six pillaging armies and troops from about fifty Galleons.
      Attached Files
      The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• Korea falls and on to Babylon for a warriors win. The game would have gone much faster if I'd left Korea alone as my score and trend were insurmountable.
        Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• I used the Great Library to allow me to use funds to build up a force of Swiss Mercenaries which are great for bleeding the AI masses since they are cheap and powerful for the times. The golden age is nicely timed as well. I researched and stole tech about equally. For instance, researching Scientific Method... and now I’d like you to meet Mr. Hoover.
          Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• The AI advantages are almost bizarre. This is a shot of one of Carthage’s most distant cities from their capital. The low corruption and other advantages kept Carthage in the game clear up till the end even though their land was generally poor, developed far away from their original start, and was just a collection of tiny islands. They were actually out-researching me at the end even though I had all the major improvements in my core and productive periphery. I just didn’t feel like doing all the clicking involved in going after all those little islands…
            Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• Final stats...
              Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• and...
                Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• Military...
                  Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• Take a bow gentlemen…
                    Attached Files

Anatole France

Comment

• This is the opening save and a note that this is a relatively friendly map. You'll have all the resources you need and you're close to Carthage who will probably be your biggest rival (punching bag.)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Drachen; May 12, 2004, 13:28.

Anatole France

Comment

• Thanks to ErikM, Mountain Sage, Aeson, and Vmxa1 for feedback, ideas, gentle correction, and general support. Also, special thanks to Moonsinger for her wonderful Map generating utility.

Anatole France

Comment

• and then we were three...
                          The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• Yahoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drachen
                              Thanks to ErikM, Mountain Sage, Aeson, and Vmxa1 for feedback, ideas, gentle correction, and general support. Also, special thanks to Moonsinger for her wonderful Map generating utility.
                              Moonsinger? A female player?
                              Yahoo!
                              And a very pretty name. Do you also play D&D?
                              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• yep, CFC seems to have quite a few female players.

drachen, actually, diathanus programmed the whole functionality of the mapfinder utility. moonsinger had the idea and did the GUI part. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...hreadid=75992&
                                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X