Silly Rules succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
    So we waiting for Straybow, ... to followed by Jrabbit & La Fayette.
    I thought I was after Straybow

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

I thought I was after Straybow

RJM at Sleepers

YES YES

Old n Slow -- Trucks drive west
      STYOM -- Research techs in order
      atawa -- Must change government every four years (oedo year)
      Straybow -- Sacrifice a builder (settler or engineer) with each happiness improvement (Temple, Col, Cath), and a builder per camel for each happiness wonder
      rjmatsleepers -- Always have a palace under construction.
      Jrabbit -- MUST ignore (and document) one of the other rules (for one turn) during the player set of turns.
      La Fayette -- units with move=1 move vert/horizontally, units with move = 2 or 3 on the diagonal
      BobSmurf42 -- Cycle through the governments when changing
      atomant -- Build units with a defensive attitude until Leadership (no Horse, Cat, Char, Ele, Knight, and Cruc, (Cannons delayed))

Now 10 each for second round, & then 8 each for third round.

rjmatsleepers -- feel free to jump in --
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• A little late, here

A quick investigation showed the upcoming tech choices, in the distribution languages:
        Chivalry, Trade, The Wheel not what we want
        or: Chevalerie, Commerce, Roue same as English
        or: Ritterlichkeit, Handel, Das Rad Bingo!
        So, loading up the rules.ger I head nachmal into the breach. Fortunately I know just enough Deutsch to keep from getting utterly lost.

840 Trireme spots a souix. Next turn is oedo year, so I overthrow the "americanisch [sic] Monarchie" (shouldn't the these proper adjectives be capitalized?). Silly rules! The extra red face appears in Fright Wig.

"The Engänder have nearly completed their great project, König Richards Keuzzug. The Franzosen have nearly completed their great project, Kopernikus Sternwarte." A barb ship appears near the exploring Trireme.

860 I must choose "Despotismus." Not much happenin' here. Run away from barb. Herrscher Straybogen jealously eyes the Frogs and their fancy "Sternwarte."

880 We discover Feudalismus and choose Handel next
        900 Cripes, this is frickin' impossible. Monty just grew, but can't support the extra pop because I have to make one elvis to keep the peace. Likewise FW is slowly starving and won't last until the next oedo. Goodie changes from Palast to Marktplatz, and Beeble changes from Bibliothek to Palast.

920 oedo year is next turn; time to kick out the bums and elect new bums

940 König Straybogen returns, and the people are no longer starving. Bozo produces Siedler, who is preloaded with 1 turn of construction.

960 I choose to ignore La Fayette's silly movement rules. Three Siedleren (I think that's the plural) take a sidestep so they can irrigate, and Trireme captains get to waterski; one risks the open seas.

980 Spanish start STWA. Boats paddle a bit (hampered again by silly rule the risky one doesn't complete the crossing), Dip dawdles.

I intend one of the Wabbit Siedler Settler units to for the Temple in Goodie when irrigation is complete.
        Attached Files
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow -- worth the wait! Nice sleaze for the valuable tech.

Comment

• OK - got the save. Should play today and post the results tomorrow.

RJM at Sleepers

Comment

• ...' foreign' languages
              IMO 'sioux' is right, both in French and in English.

(anyway 'handel' was a nice finding )
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• 980 Look around the kingdom and fiddle with things here and there. Buy 8 shields for the settler in Silly Walks and complete library in Fright Wig.

1000 Rename all towns in order to confuse future historians. Start Palace in Bozo. Change Monty Python to library. Sacrifice settler in Fright Wig to complete temple next turn (Except that because of the revolution it took 2 turns.) Initiate revolution and sort out resulting hunger and unhappiness. Start to move warrior towards Goodie and phalanx towards Bozo.

1020 We have a new American despotism. Phalanx into Bozo and rehomes. Warior into Goodie and rehomes.

1040 Fright Wig builds temple and starts palace. Bozo changes to temple and invites nearby settler to become sacrifice.

1060 Silly Walks completes diplomat and starts library. Triremes discover Sioux city of Slim Buttes, French city of Chartres and a small island in the middle of nowhere.

1080 Settler arrives in Bozo and sacrifices herself in the construction works of a temple. Initiate revolution.

1100 Start of the new American monarchy that will last 1,000 years. Begin a palace in Leiden and change to library in Fright Wig.

1120 Nothing of consequence happened.

1140 New Chuckles completes a settler who is sacrificed in the foundations of a new temple.

1160 We discover trade and start researching chivalry. Bozo completes temple and starts caravan. I shall ignore Atawa's rule and not initiate a revolution.

1180 French develop philosophy. Old Chuckles founded west of New Chuckles. At which point my reign comes to an end.

To whoever follows me - the phalanx near fright wig is there in case you want to use it to deal with the unhappiness caused by growth.

RJM at Sleepers
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lots of Gold, and some Edelsteine. Dang, nobody is producing Färbemittel?

Loaded up the sav and forgot I still had the german loaded

How do I pronounce Häute?
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                    Lots of Gold, and some Edelsteine. Dang, nobody is producing Färbemittel?

Loaded up the sav and forgot I still had the german loaded

How do I pronounce Häute?
                    Some gems?

Farbemittel?

Haute?

This is getting very silly - how about a translation?

RJM at Sleepers

Comment

• Does that make it my turn?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Go for it.

Comment

• Downloaded and sent home to fester until I have time.
                          Probably tomorrow night...
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I regret to inform that my schedule is now officially full and I won't be able to play until next Wed. (11) soonest.

I'll jump back in when I return.

NEXT!!
                            La Fayette -- We need you!

Comment

• Färbemittel is Dye, and Häute is Hides. (I thought Häute meant "Today")

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                                Färbemittel is Dye, and Häute is Hides. (I thought Häute meant "Today")
                                'heute' '(same pronunciation) means today.

... but I won't play 'heute'
                                I play tomorrow
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X