Silly Rules succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob_Smurf42
    I played last night(Pacific time), but it was too late to post, so I had to wait until now.(dang school comps won't go to the site )
    Anyway, interesting things that happened during my turns:
    It looks as if you managed to get the trireme to reach land across a lot of water without losing it. Is there a technique for this that I don't know about, or were you just lucky? And if you were just lucky, why did you risk it?

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• I'm back -- great weekend -- glad for that union invention. I'll start the second round of ten turns. Maybe atomant can jump in later on this week.
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• We know 12 techs, have 7 cities. As far as demographics go, we tied for first in only one category -- pollution ! We have two 3rds, two 5ths, two 6ths and six 7ths -- we're doing great! We have yet to meet anyone (which is all for the best) -- maybe we should've taken the hints about mouthwash...

Monty Python is close to completing a new palace -- so we switch the building to Goodie (&Monty Python completes a MKT next turn. (Sioux start the GL)

240 to 300 lots of territory searched by our lone wandering warrior.

320 discover Monarchy (not an oedo turn) violate STYOM's rule & -- opt for Writing over BB, Feud, Myst (a close second),Poly, & Pott.

340 (Spa start Or)

360 Revolt Bozo builds a Market

380 Monarchy reigns supreme! England completes Oracle & Zulus & Spanish abandon

400 Settler finishes "mining" the grass & discovers a pheasant underneath.

We have a couple of extra settlers almost done with roading the primary avenues of the rock -- recommend some sacrifices -- perhaps a few temples in the near future?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice, my silly rule comes into affect

Who's turn is it btw?

Comment

• Yes... I don't recall if I'm next still, or if someone who was skipped earlier, is up.

It would be good to have a recent play list - and rules list - posted on each page
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
              Whoo-hoo -- a complete rule set! Boats! With a boat -- we can load up our foot units & move them to the off “angles” -- the possibilities expand!

Old n Slow -- Trucks drive west
              STYOM -- Research techs in order
              atawa -- Must change government every four years (oedo year)
              Straybow -- Sacrifice a builder (settler or engineer) with each happiness improvement, and a builder per camel for each happiness wonder
              rjmatsleepers -- Move the capitol with every government change
              Jrabbit -- MUST ignore (and document) one of the other rules during the player set of turns.
              La Fayette -- units with move=1 move vert/horizontally, units with move = 2 or 3 on the diagonal
              BobSmurf42 -- Cycle through the governments when changing
              atomant -- Build units with a defensive attitude until Leadership (no Horse, Cat, Char, Ele, Knight, and Cruc, (Cannons delayed))

15 Turns for first round & then 10 each for second round, & then 8 each for third round (if we can keep this going for that long).
              Looks like we're at 10 turns apiece, with STYOM next, followed by ATAWA.

(btw, this was found back on Page 6 of 11)
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I presume that now we have discovered Monarchy we have to cycle backwards and forward between Monarchy and Despotism every 4 years. Is there a penalty for forgetting to do it? (Or breaking any of the other rules for that matter.)

BTW, my rule was changed to having a palace under construction at all times (to fit better with Atawa's continuous revolution rule).

RJM at Sleepers
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Looks like we're at 10 turns apiece, with STYOM next, followed by ATAWA.

Alright then, I thought it was me... thanks for the confirmation

I'll download and play tomorrow, or Saturday.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Evidently we have a high comment to play ratio

Comment

• I hope you guys are playing and not just spamming
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
                        Evidently we have a high comment to play ratio
                        did you expect anything less in a silly rules game, where a lot of clarification is likely needed? a lot of the rules were one line statements rather than the thorough description provided by our thread founder The >3 movement exception, the pre-monarchy revolution exception, and the multiple language tech exception jumps to mind right off, and i'm sure there are more.

Just to throw a little more discussion in - I've always considered marketplaces/banks/stock exchanges happiness improvements, mainly because i play a lot of representative governments and use them for celebration and happiness (50% increase in luxuries)- does that mean that we have to use settlers/engineers to complete them when we have luxuries set higher than 0%?
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• Sacrifices

Our play-to-post ratio here is far better than Seriously Tricky

Trade Improvements ¹ Happiness Improvements

Temple, Colisseum, Cathedral, Police Station =
                          HG =
                          Oracle, Shake's =
                          Mike's, Bach =
                          WS, CfC =

Edit: Anything that primarily and directly affects happiness of citizens needs sacrifice. I couldn't remember if Shake's was 300 or 400, and I clean fergot about CfC. I rarely build Police Stations because when playing solo the AI rarely gets WS, and these games rarely stay Rep/Dem into the modern age.

Should Police Stations be on the list? WS is because there is no sacrifice like giving women the vote!
                          /me thinks about it…
                          Live ammo on war protestors… hey, sounds good to me!
                          /me ducks behind nearest female voter to avoid live PCR ammo from the Apolyton Police
                          Last edited by Straybow; July 7, 2003, 22:08.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• heh, that's why i asked for clarification - although by trade improvements i think of roads, caravans, colossus and superhighways. I think of marketplace, bank and stock exchange as tax and happiness improvements (increase both tax and luxuries by 50%). And of course i think of a courthouse as both trade and happiness depending on the type of government.

any reason Shake's and CfC are left off (or police station if WS is included?)
                            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• I'm baaaaaaaaack..... when is it my go?
                              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Hey, hey -- now a full roster. We’re waiting for STYOM -- let’s give him another day. We can then squeeze in atomant before or after atawa.

Comment

Working...
                                X