No announcement yet.

ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

220 PE: Discovered Flying Machines (Annulus unit). I'm going for Genetic Artistry, so we can have Transceratops (6/2/1-2/2) and Mutandis Museum (Colosseum), since only the aliens can have the tech to build an Orrery (Temple).
    Cleresy start building Sir Arthur's Stone (J. S. Back's Cathedral) - expires with Starcraft, wich we can research any time we want to.
    240 PE: Lost Moonburg's colonist for Barbarian Ophion.
    260 PE: I found a free colonist a considerable bit north of the Funesti. I'm going to build a city up there with it, but I believe the Cleresy may not be far away...
    280 PE: I found a city with a wreckage, west of the Funesti, across the ocean (Peenemunde)
    Found Radioplastics in a wreckage! Cool! It has the R.A.T. (3/2*/2-2/2)!
    Tivallani build Roescoe's Circus (Hanging Gardens)- an eclusive alien wonder. It's obsolete the moment we discover the tech we're researching!
    300 PE: Founded new city with that colonist up north (Verne City)
    340 PE: Population reaches 700,000
    380 PE: Stole Arete (useless tech) from the Ihibahitian (orange) city Ioaia.
    400 PE: Time to give emperor Hydey the legitimacy to rule the Empire!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zealot; January 31, 2002, 07:57.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Hydey has the ball.

I hope I don't drop it

I should have it back it a day or so.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
        I should have it back it a day or so.
        A day? Sure, no problem!
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Nice to see that the game is moving quickly (ie less time to my turn again )

By the way, Zealot, my apologies if I sounded overbearing in my earlier post, of course we should choose our own strategies, tech choices etc., I think that the different methods used is what makes succession games interesting and fun !

Comment

Oh Sharp, you don't have to apologize for anything! (well, except for not telling that the Cleresy were already build Wizard's Scouts )

And about those adviceses, don't forget that I asked for them!

Comment

Please take the ball

Sorry for the delay, bloody real world needed my time.

PE 500 Comet Town builds guild library, Valerian builds workshop
              PE 520 Planetville builds algae farm, Imperial wisemen discover Genetic artistry
              PE 540 found new city Van allentown
              PE 560 Moonburg builds guild library, Outpost one builds guild library, Population exceeds 900,000, Sneak attack by funesti forces
              PE 580 Rocket center builds guild library, Population exceeds 1,000,000
              PE 600 Comet town builds Laboratory
              PE 640 Peenemunde builds guild library, Discover Wireless networks in wreakage.
              PE 720 Star City completes
              Flecks Genesis helping imperial wisemen discover Spacecraft and Genera nova
              PE 760 Meteor city builds workshop, 2 funesti cities razed to the ground
              PE 780 Van allentown builds workshop
              PE 800 Starship crew give Hydey the arse,"Give us a true and just leader" they cry, so Hydey is off to sit and ponder the universe until the next time he is called upon to lead this mighty voyage.
              Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Downloaded it !
                I think I'll play tomorrow. May be I can post on wednesdaynight
                Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

Don't take too long , the last guy seemed to take ages.

oops that was me

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

PE 800 Marcel I under loud cheers promoted to as a "true and just" commander of the Star officers
                    PE 820 Vallan have almost completed seaguides We don't have enough data to buy it
                    PE 840 Hepcotivai (Tivallani) builds sea guides. Peenemunde builds workshop
                    PE 860 Barbarian raiding party near meteor city colonist killed. Second outpost builds lab
                    PE 880 Barbarian bombus attacks and kills a colonist near Meteor city. Van Allentown and Meteor city build guild library Funesti want to speak with us we refuse. We capture Ursa and take 76 gold. Funesti civilization destroyed.
                    PE 900 Another colonist killed by the same damn bombus. Star city builds mutandis museum.
                    PE 920 Verne city builds workshop.
                    PE 940 Valerian builds laboratory. Sneak attack by Clerisiac forces Transceratops destroyed.
                    PE 960 Repeller destroyed .
                    PE 1020 Van Allentown builds algae farm
                    PE 1030 Clerisiac city (hidden something?) destroyed
                    PE 1040 Verne City builds Guild library. Our wise men discover transmutation allowing us to build morphon attractor. Next to research VTOL. Our empire exceeds 2.000.000 citizens
                    PE 1060 Second Outpost builds Investment house.
                    Marcel I being "true" to just 1 too many young female star officer gets kicked in the goolies by her boyfriend ,
                    making him a bit unfit to rule for the next few years. So another brilliant young officer wil have to fight the treacherous Clerisy.
                    Attached Files
                    Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

I´ve downloaded it... I´ll play it over the weekend, probably. I´m suddenly very busy now, I have to play my "Invasion Earth" turns too.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Er... Mercator, don't you think that 4 days are enough?
                        Sharpe is waiting!

Comment

Sorry, I was a little busy with other stuff. I'll have it done within the next 24 hours.
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

That's all right, I have been a little busy at work the past couple of days myself. Thankfully the rest of the week is looking more clear so I should be able to get my turns done fairly quickly.
                            We are still playing 20 turns each right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
                              We are still playing 20 turns each right?
                              I think so...
                              Although my last 20 turns took me quite a bit of time, so don't be surprised if I only play 10 turns next time I play.
                              But it's ok to keep with the 20 turns/player, if you want to!

Comment

PE 1100: Still nothing very interesting, except that my plans for attacking the Clerisy have to be changed, since there are a bunch of Annuli lurking around.
                                PE 1110: New Clerisy city, Seven, discovered...
                                PE 1130: von Braunberg founded. The Clerisy are willing to give us 800 Bp for a cease fire... Cease fire signed, that'll give us some time to build up our military.
                                PE 1170: Peenemunde attacked by Tivallani Ixion, Repeller destroyed. Luckily a Colonist is built just now, so we will be able to maintain the city for one more turn at least. VTOL discovered, now researching Confederation.
                                PE 1180: Ixion retreats. (And I've wasted money on an Intelliraptor )
                                PE 1190: My conclusions were a bit premature, the Peenemunde Colonist has been destroyed by another Ixion.

My humble city planning suggestions for the future... Cities at (75, 39) and (49, 61). The last one will block off the Engineer peninsula (?) as well as provide a passageway through the isthmus.
                                By the way, do we need to keep all Alien races alive, or is one enough?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X