Clear All

Come on Makka

I want to kick some arse
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Re: Put a fork in it.

Originally posted by MBloomIII
      This game may be officially dead. With the immenent arrival of CivIII, I can't imagine there will be much interest in continuing. A shame.
      Yes, there will be interest
      Finish what ya started
      Civ2 won't die the day when his brother civ3 is given life
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

No way!

This game ain't dead. MBloom, if you want to duck out of the challenge, just say so!

I for one will play the game in a 3-player rotation with Hydey and Mercator if necessary, just to say we did it...

And I also want to see how the 'Invasion Earth' campaign ends. Maybe our spaceships will pass in the night, going in opposite directions

STYOM

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

If we are going to keep playing, then it needs to keep moving. It's been over 1 week now since the last post. The 96 hour rule should now be in effect which puts it to Hydey I believe. I'm leaving Monday for 10 days so we need to get to me quickly.
          Here's a link.

Comment

I take the ball and run with it

I will download the game now and play it today and post it back ASAP.

If Macca posts before I do I shall then play his save today instaed.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

here it is (sorry Makka)

Not much happened , discovered Fundy and Changed.

Built lots of barracks and then started on Howies
              Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

OK, I downloaded the zip but haven't played yet. I double checked the turn order and it is now Dimorier Maximus' turn. As I am leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Nov. 7, Dimorier can take my turn as well, if he wants (him being a virgin and all ). If he doesn't show up (I'm going to PM him shortly) keep moving, but I would like to jump back in when I get back if there are no objections.

Yeah, I know, Civ3 is going to show up while I'm away.
                Here's a link.

Comment

I downloaded the game a while back (just after I posted about joining this succession game) and I saw that y'all are about 1000 times better than me at Civ2, so I don't want to mess y'all up. I'm sure y'all just about have the world conquered by now anyways.

Someone else can take my turns, and y'all can just drop me from the list. Sorry, didn't know I sucked so bad at Civ2. I mean I can win the Space Race on Deity, but I've never been able to take over the world on Deity.

Besides, Civ3 is about to be out, and I will be spending all of my free time on it shortly.

So whoever is next, after me and MBloomIII, go ahead. Drop me from the list for now. If I change my mind, then maybe I can make it in at the beginning of the next succession game.
                  Ex Fide Vive
                  Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Dimorier Maximus
                    Someone else can take my turns, and y'all can just drop me from the list. Sorry, didn't know I sucked so bad at Civ2. I mean I can win the Space Race on Deity, but I've never been able to take over the world on Deity.
                    I can´t evem conquer the world at King level, so I don´t think this should be a problem. (of course, I have been rather slowing down the fast pace of the game... my turns usually are a small peacefull interlude, but well... I don´t mind! And if others have a problem with it, they know where to find me... )
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

1 cent: I don't think it's that big of a problem if you're not so great at the game. Heck... I usually don't play above Prince level. But, since we each take only 10 turns, you don't have to worry so much about conquring the world, you can just play your turns making sure that all the maintenence is running fine and nobody invades our cities.

2 cent: I'm sure this isn't going to end for everyone just because Civ3 is coming out. Me, I don't have the money to buy it right now, and I've never played TOT into the sci-fi future, so I'm more than willing to continue this game and see how it ends.

Joe.

Comment

So that's it? The game's over?

Joe.

Comment

Dimorier seems to have declined his turns. I figure it's MBloom's turn.

MBloom, JoeK, Mercator, STYOM... is the order... I think. If MBloom doesn't play by the 11th, you're up JoeK.

This sort of thing seems to happen a lot in succession games... when I read the 'Invasion Earth' thread it seems to be moving just as slow. I haven't lost interest but I think it may be down to the people listed above + Hydey?

STYOM
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yes Yes keep it moving

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man I haven't lost interest but I think it may be down to the people listed above + Hydey?

STYOM
                              Just letting you know that us readers are still interested in seeing how this game goes, as well
                              Move it along, move it along
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

1710 AD Seems we have made some enemies in the last several centuries. Not many of them left to worry about.

1715 AD We have converted many more unbelievers to our faith.

1750 AD Still the unbelievers flock to our faith. Soon our message shall encompass the globe.
                                Attached Files
                                Here's a link.

Comment

Working...
                                X