No announcement yet.

Extended Original Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're not the only one. it seems that nearly half of us have gone on to other things and are just to busy for the succession game or have lost interest.

i'm guilty of both

sorry guys, i'm out
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Oops...
      *snip*
      Last edited by makka; September 27, 2001, 03:57.
      "Spelling....... I thought that only Mages did that."

Comment

Finaly.......

And so Makka was anointed as the President of the Celtic Empire, and many did comment
        on his uncanny resemblance to the ancient statues of a High King of old...

1100 - Reports arrive that the Japanese have built build Sun Tsu's War Academy, the
        Spanish abandoning their attempt

A seer pronounces the Brr'tilians have developed Monarchy

1110 - President Makka's planned settlement of the 'newish world' begins as settlers
        board ships headed north east

A caravan arrives in Rhonda to aid in the construction of the Statue of Liberty

1120 - Magnetism is discovered by Celtic alchemists ("Have we got gold this
        time?" "Not unless gold sticks to your belt buckle....")- The wise men
        decide to pursue the idea of Railroads

A caravan arrives in Carmathen

1130 Word arrives that the Japanese have develop trade and the Vikings develop
        monotheism

New and seemingly uninhabited land is discovered to the South West

1140 Diplomats report that the Japanese acquire medicine

1150 The traitorous Spanish break their cease-fire and massacre our diplomats outside
        Seville. The President swears revenge.

The Americans develop democracy and start work on a rival build Statue of Liberty.

Celtic wise men unveil their latest invention, the Railroad, and their plans to
        concentrate on the martial science of Tactics

Seville is captured by our Dragoons

1160 Senate backs continued action against the Spanish

1170 Camarthen builds a University making it the the greatest city of research in the
        world

Cardigan is founded on a large island in the North East

1180 Seville is attacked and a squadron of Dragoons lost

A seer announces Brr'tilians changed their government to a monarchy

Diplomats persuade Roskilde to join the Celtic Empire. They bring with them the secret of
        Medicine

1190 Tactics are perfected, and the Dragoons re-equipped as Cavalry

The wise heads of the Celts start to research Industrialisation

An attack on Madrid is repulsed, and a Cavalry squadron lost.

A caravan arrives in Rhonda to aid in the construction of the Statue of Liberty, and
        caravan is outside Rhonda poised to complete the works.

The city of Llanelli is founded to the north.

President Makka chooses not to stand for re-election, after 'financial irregularities' are dicovered.....

Attached Files
        "Spelling....... I thought that only Mages did that."

Comment

Re: How soon is now?

Updated list after dexter's departure.

Players:
          MBloomIII
          Joek
          Mercator
          STYOM
          Thoth
          makka
          Hydey

Hydey. You're up!

I'll actually be home this weekend so I may get to take a turn.
          Here's a link.

Comment

I have the save and will play it tonight (friday Aussie time) so it will be available for your weekend.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

keep it moving

Hydey Hungwell is elected president of the mighty Celts.

1190 ad Americans & Vikings sign Udal pact to cotain Celtic aggression.

1200 ad Rhondda builds Statue of liberty.

1220 ad Celtic Coneheads discover Industralization.
              Celts capture Madrid.
              Spanish offer ceasefire which celts accept.

1230 ad Spanish & Americans sign Philadelphia pact to contain Celtic aggression.

1240 ad Vikings rebel civil war in the Udal, Celtic influence suspected.
              sneak attack by spanish forces.

1250 ad Celtic Coneheads discover sanitation
              sneak attack by Viking forces.

1260 ad Americans & Japanese sign peace treaty.

1280 ad Celtic coneheads discover corporation.
              Japanese & Americans sign Buffalo pact to contain Celtic aggression.

1290 ad Celts capture Toledo from spanish but President Hydey Hungwell is killed leading his troops into battle.
              Spanish offer ceasefire which celtic people accept as ellections are organised for new president.
              Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I head home tonight and will post either Saturday or Sunday (probably Saturday.)
                Here's a link.

Comment

Hydey, I'm having a problem downloading the file. Can someone check and see if it just me or if there may be a problem?
                  Here's a link.

Comment

Hey, MP guys! Sorry to jump in in the middle of y'alls game, but I was wondering if I could play?

I have Civ2:ToT plus the patch v1.1.

2 questions:

Is there anything else I need to be able to join?
                    If not, would y'all be kind enough to let me join your game?
                    Ex Fide Vive
                    Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

It downloads fine for me

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Seems to work...

Seems to be fine to me as well, MBloom. What are your symptoms? I managed to download it, unzip it and load it - didn't try playing it (why spoil the suspense?).

I'll re-zip and upload it in case that somehow helps

STYOM
                        Attached Files
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The problem seemed to be with my browser. I tried several times to download the files on both posts using Netscape 6.0 but it wouldn't work. I switched to Explorer and it worked fine. Odd. So I now have the file and will post sometime later with my turns.
                          Here's a link.

Comment

After a longer than expected recovery from a vicious stomach virus, MBloom ascends to the thrown of the Celtic nation.

1300 - A flurry of construction brings on the completion of numerous Marketplaces as well as Darwin's Voyage. Chemistry and Genetic Engineering are both discovered and our scientists are beginning to contemplate Explosives.

1310 - Brr'til have discovered Republic and the search for the Cure for Cancer has begun.

1320 - A Viking explorer was found floating in the harbor outside of Abergavenny. Appropriate promotions were awarded.

1330 - All of our Settlers have been retrained as Engineers as Explosives are discovered. The Brr'tilian government is overthrown.

1340 - Brr'tilian government changed to Republic.

1350 - The Spanish have broken the ceasefire around the city of Toledo. Retribution shall be swift and merciless.

1360 - A fortress is established outside of the city of Valencia.

1370 - The Japanese seek knowledge of our superior scientific skills. A polite rebuke is met with a declaration of war. Silly Japanese.

1380 - The Spanish seek to challenge our fortress. Silly Spanish.

1390 - The city of Valencia has joined the great Celtic nation.
                            Attached Files
                            Here's a link.

Comment

Players:
                              MBloomIII
                              Joek
                              Mercator
                              STYOM
                              Thoth
                              makka
                              Hydey
                              Dimorier Maximus

Welcome aboard Dimorier. When your turn rolls around, you get 10 turns and don't foget to save the file into your Extended Original folder. Otherwise nasty things can (and will!) happen. Review the previous posts to see where we are.

P.S. Don't be in a hurry for your turn to pop up.
                              Here's a link.

Comment

Just visited your thread. Not joining at the moment (hell of work...) but... impressed. I am subscribing and watching you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X