Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColdWizard, Ben and Boann. Check in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, please. I failed at Boann's again.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OK, 66.90.144.40
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Nope.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Nope.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

that would be a nope also
            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

What the hell am I doing wrong?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Well kids, this fairly much sucks. I guess I'll try to read and maybe find out wtf.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Civ2 doesn't play nicely with the internet anymore apparently. Yelling at it to get off it's lawn and such.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

we can always try again once we figure out wtf is going on

Comment

keep in touch and let me know what you guys figure out. just post here and it pings my cell phone.

Comment

Those who wish to host a Civ 2 game from behind a router or software firewall, must forward port 4993 to their game server.

What does that mean? If you have a firewall, or a router, it blocks most connections to your computer. However, you can tell it to allow certain connections to get through. Have you ever been to a post office with hundreds of post office boxes, each with its own number? That's sort of what this is like. By installing a router or firewall, you've told the post master, to block everything being sent to all of the mail boxes. A Civilization server constantly checks box (port) #4993 for messages from the players. So if your firewall blocks all the things being sent to there, Civilization never gets any messages and no one can connect to your game. So, you need to tell the firewall to allow communication port 4993 to get through to your machine.

If you have a Windows XP firewall configured,

* Go to Network Connections in Control Panel
                          * Right click on your Internet Connection (could be called Local Area Network) and select Properties
                          * Click the Advanced tab
                          * Click Settings in the firewall area (At the top for SP1, at the bottom for SP2)
                          * In the Services tab click Add and create the Civ2MP setting with 4993 etc

If you have another software firewall, like Norton Firewall, you'll need to consult your manual.

If you have a router, you'll have to check the manual and forward 4993 to the machine hosting the game (your INTERNAL IP address). To find your interal IP Address on Windows XP
                          * Go to Network Connections in Control Panel
                          * Right click on your Internet Connection (could be called Local Area Network) and select Status
                          * Click the Support tab
                          * Your internal IP address is labled simply IP Adress.

You will then need to tell others the ip address for them to connect to. The simplest way to get this is to go to WhatIsMyIP.com

Comment

Seems that's the problem.

Edit, now I'm recalling some of my old civving days. Is everyone up for getting Hamachi?

Here's what we have to do.

Click on 'try it free'.

Click on 'add client'.

Click on 'install Logmein Hamachi' on this computer.'

Let the program do it's business.

Network you want is 'Civving', and the password is slowwyboann.

Once we have everyone on it, we just connect as through a LAN since Hamachi has a VPN.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 24, 2012, 20:32.

Comment

Those who wish to host a Civ 2 game from behind a router or software firewall, must forward port 4993 to their game server. What does that mean? If you have a firewall, or a router, it blocks most connections to your computer. However, you can tell it to allow certain connections to get...

Comment

My internal IP isn't truly attained, either through the game nor the taskbar icon. Boann's looks the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X