No announcement yet.

AGE of the CRUSADES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T: save your diplomat for bribing Turcomans. You can build up quite an army of them as the diplo isn't lost when bribing units, whereas he's a one shot only when used against cities. Unless of course this is cheating
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• My Empire in a war against Italians and Franks annected entire Italy. Italians hold at Sardinia; also, I captured 2 barbarian cities behind Alps. After a third and Hungary, it'll be time for Fatimid Sicily. In the east, I captured Nisibis and Mosul.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

• The Spanish destroyed my caravan, starting a war. Minor forces were enough (my army that finished conquest of behind - the - Alps and Hungary was on its way) were enough to take Arles.
        Earlier, I've had a little war against Germany, and took some little city of theirs.
        The Fatimids attacked me (it hurt me, they attack on the sea, and I miss ships to tranport my caravans), and were punished by taking Tripolis (Syrian one) from them.
        Middle East!

Comment

• In the west, my armies are ready to invade Sicily, though the turmoil in Sardinia (barbarians took one city) is tempting.
          In the east, my forces captured Baghdad.
          Middle East!

Comment

• H: I am playing the proverbial game of cat and mouse with the Fatimids too... And I do still have an open flank in the middle east. I just hope I can keep one step ahead of the raids, my army is too small and I can't be everywhere.
            F: That's some solid advice, and historically accurate. Btw, I always meant to ask you, how many Osprey's do you have? You seem to have gathered quite a collection, you have to be keeping a spare room to store them, right? (I am buried in all sorts of paperwork too )
            "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
            -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
            "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
            "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Um, 10 or 20. Or maybe 30, I've lost count I bought loads of the damn things when I was a kid and rediscovered them a couple of years back when clearing my dad's attic for him. I just loved all those Angus McBride illustrations...
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Damn. I conquered Syria but Damascus and Africa but one city and suddenly everyone hates me.
                  I managed to take Perpignan, but I've lost Basel. My forces are ready to retake it, but I can't risk a war at the front now. When my forces return from Africa, we'll slaughter these barbarians
                  Middle East!

Comment

• I conquered entire Africa, but bad times came. i had to pay tribute to germans each turn, or they were attacking my cities, and I had forces engaged elsewhere (I was conquering barbarian cities of Spain), so I could not defend them well. I had to pay tribute to turks too, as not paying would mean slaughter of my engineers in Mesopotamia.
                    The French were attacking me too.
                    My army in Egypt was and still is too small, it just waits under the gates of Cairo.
                    Sudden change came when I signed a peace with Germans, and proposed them alliance. they agreed, but I had to break alliance with Spain.
                    Soon Spain attacked me and in responce it was completely conquered.
                    Now my forces begin the conquest of the French.
                    Menwhile, the situation in the east was bad. The Turks massacred my engineers in the East an Wallachia, temporarily took some my cities. One they hold up to today - Mantzikert. There is their powerful host unit inside, so I can't do much now with my host in France.
                    But the horror was when I repealed Turkish invasion of my part of Mesopotamia, took one their city and prepared for an attack of the other...
                    Then, first the Turks attacked my forces and crippled them.
                    Then, three GIANT uprisings started one after another. When I liberated the cities from the first one, new one captured other ones etc. The barbarians moved as far west as Edessa and reduced my army considerably.
                    Now I'll conquer the rest of Gaul and then transport my host east and liberate Mantzikert
                    Middle East!

Comment

• Beware the field of Mantzikert.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Are these "Giant uprisings" Turkomans?
                        Lost in America.
                        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Yes. They smashed my economy in the region 50 years back.
                          I'm also afraid of Seljuk Horde unit. I will have to finish the conquest of France quick, in this time I'll pay for a peace with them (Turks that is; they captured Nisibis too), and make a controffensive as soon as my host reaches the region
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Why do You insist on calling Fatimids Fatamids?
                            It's Fatima. I learn Arabic. Believe me, dammit
                            Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                              I just loved all those Angus McBride illustrations...

McBride rulez!

My experience of the scenario was about 30-35 turns with the Greeks on Deity.

These were enough for subduing the heathen Bulgars and Slavs in the Balkans and advancing towards Hungary with the Host and Catafract units.

I used the fleet to transfer the Varangians to check a Pecheneg advance in Rommania.

Lost half of the Crimea to the Pechenegs.

Never thought much about trading in Civ2 prefering to invest in land warfare. Same goes with my strategy in age of the crusades. Light cavalry is in the order of the day although i don't think i will ever produce enough of them to make an impact on the game.

Its a really good scenario me thinks.

Minor Bug: When a barbarian unit demanded ransom to spare a city it wrote "Message from the Barbarian Vikings". And the warriors in question were supposed to be Pechenegs. Maybe change it to a generic mesage or something.
                              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• There are several Barbarian tribes names You may change, but the game will use them randomly, so its no use
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X