AGE of the CRUSADES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help the child in the fog again.
    I downloaded it and extracted in civ folder, but now I can't play civ2 at all, because I miss some xdaemon.dll
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

• This?
      Last edited by Mercator; September 2, 2004, 14:09.
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Btw, I haven't given you compliments for this one yet Exile. I'v just played some games, managed to capture the Iberain with the Spanish (then it got too boring). Playing the turks had some challenge in the beginning, battling the Byzanties on the stepps. Man do the AI pump out Cataphracts or what?
        Anyways, I managed to give them a hard time when the Cumans and Seljuks arrived. Turkomans is a hard nut to crack though.
        What would be best is probably a PBEM of this scenario. Great work!

Edit: Any tips on how to use the Assasins? They were pretty worthless to me. And oh, the Georgians are pretty much undefeatable, is that the intention?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthedain
          This?
          Thanks, but
          Attached Files
          Middle East!

Comment

• MGE Scens just won't work with FW -
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• They will when they are converted with the FW---MGE converter by Angelo Scotto (I think), and so long as the events size does not exceed the max allowable for FW.
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• OK. It was my mistake. I dowloaded it finally. Fortunatelly I bought a new civ2 cd in the net, and I can start the game.
                I won't play right now, just criticise a bit: the map is bad.
                The placement of cities is wrong (Kars and Adrianopolis over shore!).
                It's Fatimids, not Fatamids, and the rulers... Saladin, who destroyed Fatimid caliphate 200 years later, is the ruler of them... I can understand the rest - You've chosen the greatest rulers of entire history, I think Bebro used to do so.
                I don't like that. You could do something about the titles of the rulers too.
                But I like the units
                And the title looks nice after all
                Middle East!

Comment

• Arth; The Georgians aren't unbeatable. The dynamic changes substantially with the altered numbers. It is MUCH more important in this scen to acquire veteran status with the Horde/Host units before you start attempting to take certain cities. In my experience, there is NO city anywhere that can stand up to a Seljuk Horde unit once it has become veteran. The Iberian conquest, if completed quickly, can reach a point where your only opponents are the Franks, BUT you can choose to go to the holy land, after all. There are rewards to be gained there. Namely, an event that delivers to the Spanish player another Host unit. Yes, the AI seems to be able to pump out units no matter how expensive I make them. Very frustrating because it does tend to unbalance things and I was not able to ****** their production no matter what I did. It was very much the same thing with the AI Germans and Fatamids, though I did come up with an ad hoc solution for the Fatamids in the Arab and Berber raiders, which constantly battle Fatamid forces in the Mahgreb and on the outer borders of the levant. About the Turkomans; these tribes and peoples kept pouring out of inner Asia throughout the medieval period, sometimes underpinning, sometimes undermining the extant empires in the region covered by the map. In game terms, they make the Turkish position much more challenging. I believe that if there were no Turkomans, the Turkish player would have an easy time conquering most of the map. As it is, the Turkish player must always be wary of random hordes of Turkomans appearing in Iraq, Persia, Georgia, and the steppe.
                  Lost in America.
                  "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                  "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                  "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• I quickly realised that it's important that your host unit gets veteran status. Even so I had problems with the georgians. I know that the Turkomans was supposed to be hard, and I think it's really good for the game that they appear. Otherwise the Turks would've been to powerful in Mid East I think.

Comment

• Started playing. As Byzantines of course.
                      I was very carefull at the start, made peace with everyone and even temporary alliance. They later were broken, but I continue to mug civs around me, except for Fatimids - I'm pretty helpless against them, and had to pay twice for a cease fire as they destroyed one of my defensive units in Antioch and I CAN'T BUILD NEW ONES (which sucks).
                      After a while I started conquests in Balkans and quite quickly subdued all the cities.
                      My main activity is trade. Thanks to it I moved ahead in technology, but the only effect I see is that I can build settlers. Thanks to them, I'm building lots of roads, especially in Balkans (as new conquered cities were set to build settlers). The roads will be helpful in trade and, in future, in conquests.
                      I think Italians are an easy pray, the French captured 2 of their cities already. But they give me money when I demand it, so it's peace - for now.
                      Thanks to the money from trade, I build two additional heavy cavalery units;
                      still, I miss defesive units, especially that I can't move the ones I have (I think having limited set of defensive units is OK, because they usually stationed along the borders, but none...)
                      Ah! I captured Aleppo. Well, the Fatimids destroyed its defendors, and I quickly moved into it
                      I hope they didn't mind
                      Middle East!

Comment

• The Italians attacked me! They are mad
                        Middle East!

Comment

• I had to back off from Aleppo and pay 200, but after capture of Naples and surrounding Rome, Italians paid me 2000 for peace
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Just when I moved my big army out of Antioch and placed them in Balkans on their way to conquer Venice (Rome has fallen earlier), I was attacked by Fatimids.
                            The battle of Antioch was dramatic indeed. Fatimid host
                            destroyed much of the army that I quickly gathered there,
                            but was destroyed in the next turn. Reinforcements from Cyprus made their way through, but the ones from Tarsus were destroyed at the sea.
                            In the end. Antioch was saved. The crowd gathered at the cathedral and sang psalms.
                            Middle East!

Comment

• Fatimids accepted peace without any demandements.
                              On the western front, Venice's fallen
                              Middle East!

Comment

• Hurray! What I did instead was to send my host destroy the three Turkish cities (which are linked by rivers) as soon as it got veteran. The khazars were away fighting the Germans, no time for them to get back, so... no Seljuks, no Matzikert, lots of laughs.
                                Perhaps a Turkish city in Persia would avert this?
                                I am also planning to bribe Kars as soon as I get a diplomat. It is a coastal city, so I will be able to move the 0 move Georgians out by ship, to use them as unbeatable garissons in coastal cities (Italy, the Levant etc). And kars is nowhere near the coast in the real world, lucky me Hey, Theo blinked at me!
                                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Working...
                                X