O Sole Mio Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O Sole Mio Succession Game

O Solo Mio (feel free to hum while playing)

A succession game dedicated to the memory of [SG 2].

We start off as lonely onlys -- we have one city and will maintain only one city (standard OCC rules -- restart advanced tribes, etc.) until 1750. After that, other cities may be founded, acquired, kept & used.

Deity, raging hordes, giga map, MGE, usual Poly rules apply.

Bloodlust.

20 turns each until 1750; a round of ten turns each; then 5 turns each thereafter.

4000 -- We start on Giga map, no free techs.

3900 Hut (38/64) = Horse

3700 Hut (36/70) = Chariot

3550 -- Found O Sole Mio -- I think that it will be four specials -- a Whale,
    A Fish & Two hidden -- Lots of Grass, access to the sea.

3500 -- Hut (28/76) = 25g

3350 -- Discover CB (opt for Alpha over HBR)

3250 -- Barbs land north of city -- Settler runs east.
    Hut (22/74) = WC -- now a hold on hut popping, as this becomes the "off tech"

3050 -- saved game. The barb archer & leader are chasing our hapless settler east -- a settler with many turns 'charged' of mining for a special. Our Horse is hot on the trail. The other archer died vs our Warrior in town.

Players

1. Old n Slow
    2. SG [1]
    3. La Fayette
    4. STYOM
    5. Cyrion
    6. DaveV
    7. JRabbit
    8. Julius Brenzaida
    9. Straybow
    10. Zenon

(edited for player list.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old n Slow; September 29, 2003, 13:44.
    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Hm. 5 current successions going on, all of them in stalled or near-stalled condition.

This looks fun but I think I'll hold off until we hear from [1].
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Let's finish up a few before we start another.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Of the five I'm involved in, we waiting for a different person in each game.

My goal was to offer this (and to be appropriate, I wanted to offer this starting today) as something from us.

No hurry.

Comment

Thank you all - and I am in!

I hope to rejoin the community in the next few days - I haven't looked - am I up in any (?all?) of the other succession games?

SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

HUZZAH!
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A game dedicated to the memory of SG(2): you count me in, of course.
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

An OCC game with a Bloodlust goal. This is indeed a strange proposal. Strangely interesting, however...

Unfortunately, I do not currently have an MGE installation. I shall watch avidly from the sidelines.

My first comment, though, upon reading that you believe you have two hidden specials, is that one should be Silk, the other Pheasant. Get that Settler back and finish the Pheasant, which should be opposite from the Fish. It would help to know the coordinates of O Sole Mio.

Comment

If you'll have me, I'll join in, too. I freely admit to being no good at OCC's.

Perhaps I can focus for 10 turns at a time, though
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I have been wanting to join a Succession Game with you guys for over a year, and always was too lazy to do it (though I read all thread and learned a lot; maybe not enough not to deserve a lot of criticism, but well...).

If you accept me, I would be honoured to play in a game dedicated to the memory of SG (2).
                    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Sign me up. Are we going to try to build the Cure For Cancer in this game? I remember that wonder gained a significance for me that went way beyond its in-game value after my Mom died of cancer...

Comment

Sign me up!

Lost my only OCC attempt. Here to learn how.
                        (insert obvious sentiment here)

Comment

We have:

1. Old n Slow
                          2. SG [1]
                          3. La Fayette
                          4. STYOM
                          5. Cyrion
                          6. DaveV
                          7. JRabbit

I'll edit the opening post in due time

Elephant -- Microcenter had Civ II MGE bundled with two other games for $6.00 as of a week or two ago -- if they are not in your area & you desire a package PM me here or at Cfc.

OCC guaranteed until 1750; optional thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                            OCC guaranteed until 1750; optional thereafter.
                            So, to make sure we play a full OCC, we only need to land before 1750...
                            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Could be a little tight: you have lots of grass, which will help down the road once you get over 20 citizens, but your trade specials are Whale, Fish, Silk and Buffalo (Pheasant helps early growth but gives no trade, so irrigate it to Buffalo once things get moving), only three more trade arrows than what you would get from the tiles anyway if they were just grass and ocean. I'd suggest shooting for early Republic and early Shakes (or HG, only if Pottery falls into your hands by mistake, otherwise avoid it), along with Marco Polo for AI tech manipulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X