No announcement yet.

Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Stray just posted his turnlog in the Seriously Tricky game. I [U]know[/] those are time-consuming turns.

Maybe soon...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That was STYOM, and I'm next (but if Hydey shows up he's welcome to take a spin).

No, the real time killer was the CivII Progressive game over on the Spanish forum. That monster took literally all my free time for 2 weeks to play 50 turns.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

1 Advance/turn from trade, 32 new cities in 50 turns
      Spent 50k+ in 4 turns of rush building right at the end of the round
      (discover Radio)
      34 Airports (discover Auto)
      11 Airports 28 SHwy (discover MT)
      4 Airports 6 SHwy 18 MT
      3 Airports 11 SHwy 8 MT (ran out of money)
      =52 Airports, 45 SHwy, 26 MT (plus a bunch of other stuff)

I almost got a buzz off that
      Now I'm building a 4 module space ship for the round 5 deadline Wednesday (and trying to keep from getting Civved out)
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Looks like the Jedi is almost back -- and almost just in time.
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• /me making plans
          -Jrabbit, you stole Warrior Code from the Americans… which city?
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Not quite...

Still trying to get the computer delivered to my house.

Sad about Git(2), eh?

We should hold a sxn game in his honour.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Absolutely! But what theme?

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                Absolutely! But what theme?
                My vote is a sailing theme... we are talking about the Admiral here!

In my mind I see lots of water, archipeligo, perfect for Super 'Clads. Give the AI a little head start to keep it interesting.

I only wish he could join us.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• One more turn

/me Looks around; wonders why he signed up for this silly game
                  1680 A little tweaking, not much to do. Beads are heading… where? Aztec Intelligance uses the search feature to locate Kyoto (size 11), just outside revealed territory. Straycoco governor is fired, production changes to Caravan.

1690 Lafayette finishes Harbor, starts Aquaduct. Slowville finishes food, starts Lib
                  1700 Buy CH in Delendapolis, starts Lib. Shake's built by Japs.
                  1710 Buy Aquaduct in Doldrums, Gov chooses Market. Adv Tribe Mingapulco (size 4!) from hut up near Arctic.

1720 Lazy scientists discover Sanitation, start thinking about Bridges. Straycoco Silver, destined for Kyoto. Rush Hobbitown Pikes, change Gov to Domestic (Harbor). Rush Middleboro Pikes, change to Dom (Market). Caravan heading towards Kyoto discovers trapped Jap Trireme and road, intelligence reveals that the city of Nagasaki has been added to their roster.

1730 Rushed Oldetown Aquaduct. Caravan backs away from Nagasaki 'cos the Japs are always itchin' for a fight; now waits for ship.
                  1740 Tatooine builds Lib (rushed), Warrenville Aquaduct (rushed), S Pole Pike (rushed), Mingapulco Pike (rushed).

1750 Japs build Leo's. Barbs land by Oldetown, kill 2 Caravans. Change in size bumps food box up to full, city grows before I can rush granary (argh). Now it will take forever to grow. In reprisal, Chariot kills one barb Cruc, second cruc bribed for 82 gold. Cowering Caravan bumps into previously undiscovered city of Izumo, Japs decide we're too poor for tribute. Fortunately, there is no military presence.

1752 Trireme captures barb leader, 150g Denver located. Wine dropped off, should meet ship in the North go to Bombay. Silver heading up to meet ship also. Gems heading to Edo or an American city. Ship picked up Dip to go hunting for AI cities.

There is one city near Jap territory that wasn't there in 1500, but was in 1600 with only Los Angeles and Kansas City new in our intelligence lists. Three others have been there a while. I bet one is the San Francisco that show up in the intelligence report on Japan.

Comment

• Brain dead

I'm zoning in front of the boob toob as I do this, and thus I ferget to attach the game file…
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Intelligence report

Black-clicking analysis reveals locations our Embassies have not made clear to us.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• No delivery...

At least I don't have to pay since they could not send the computer when they agreed.

Will try for tomorrow, but it's out of my hands.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• "Bump"

Ben Kenobi -- are you up to speed? It is time to take Tatooine back to active status...
                          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Nope.

Lazy gimp still has not delivered the computer.

He has until tonight, and then I go buy one elsewhere.
                            I'm posting off of public computers at my uni.

Comment

• So who is this shmo?

Comment

• Well, he has now lost his sale.

Obviously not that determined to sell his computer despite posting advertisements around my university.

:sigh:

/me now searching classifieds after wasting 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X