No announcement yet.

Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the question is that I don't think I have clearly understood the rules:

During the 15 turns I just played 2 cities have been deadly threatened by barb attacks and 2 other cities have switched to civil disorder.
    If I had done nothing, the first 2 cities would have disappeared and the other 2 would still remain in disorder after many turns. What I did is taking action when the barb threat became deadly, and also take action after a few turns of disorder.
    What was I supposed to do ?
    (I am 'almost' ready to play again if I played against the rules)

Anyway here is the shorter log:

50BC: Our horseman and our warrior both die trying to protect our eastern city against barb archers. Our diplomat bribes one of the archers.
    25BC: The remaining barb archer (heavily wounded) dies when attacking the one we just bribed. The city is safe.
    60AD: Ant's nest under heavy attack by barb horsemen who kill our fortified legion for a start.
    80AD: Our mighty warrior kills one horseman, and we rushbuild a horseman in the meantime
    100AD: Remaining barb horseman killed. Ant's nest is safe.
    140AD: Our verywisemen discover BW and start researching Republic ; hut = 50g
    180AD: Hut = 50g

Our scouting units also discovered 4 advanced tribes !
    What a pity ! We are now close to 'black faces'.

(perhaps it would be wise not to tip any more huts for a while)
    Attached Files
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Very good La Fayette -- yes major disruptions or barb threats certainly justify the call to action.
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Got the save. Two questions:

1) Did we agree on Oldetown being an "open" city?

2) Which city is mine? (Or do I just pick one?)
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I haven’t looked at a recent save, but Oldetown was the planned capital & SSC. Slowville I started as mine; as far as I can tell, ant’s nest is atomant’s, Stracoco is Straybow’s, Tatooine is Obiwan18’s, Doldrums is BobSmurf42’s, Warrenville belongs to JRabbit & I didn’t see what La Fayette claimed yet.

Vlad, feel free to found a city or you may have an existing one not otherwise claimed (either now or later should we capture some wondrous foreign city.) Please let other know which one is “yours”.

All, I’ll be away for the weekend, and at some risk for computer access for the next week, so if Vlad is quick, Straybow can have a chance to jump in -- feel free, I’ll follow as soon as I can.

Comment

I didn't wish to found any city , since I had discovered 4 advanced tribes. 2 of these are so ill placed that I have named them 'Delendapolis' and 'Toofaraway'.
            If I have to choose one immediately, it will be one of the Southern cities: either Evenolder or Late Tribe. I don't care which.
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Okay, renamed "evenolder" to "Lafayette" (Lafayette, if you want the name to be changed, let me know) and "Late Tribe" to "Antlergrad".

One more question: If a city starts building a wonder, am I allowed to switch it to something else? (Note: the AI STILL does this in Civ III. Some things never change. )

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that we have to let it be. I toyed with the auto stuff and one of my cities started a wonder, only to have it beaten by an ai…

Of course, depending upon the wonder, you CAN ship camels into helping the progress along...

Comment

Inherited: Renamed cities, fired governor of Antlergrad.

(1) 260 AD: Barbs land on peninsula west of Straycoco. Oldetown trireme-->diplo.
                  (2) 280 AD: Another landing on the same peninsula. Straycoco goes into disorder. Unfortunately, the only way I can keep it out of disorder is by starving it back down to size 2...
                  (3) 300 AD: zzzz
                  (4) 320 AD: Straycoco settlers autodisband. My bad. Forgot that when a city starves, the first thing to go are any supported settlers. Been playing too much Civ III. Doldrums temple-->Great Library.
                  (5) 340 AD: zzzz
                  (6) 360 AD: Greeks build Oracle. Another Greek city building the Oracle cascades to the Great Library. Oldetown diplo-->trireme.
                  (7) 380 AD: Germans get Philosophy. We discover Currency, start research on Trade. Oldetown-Ant's Nest road completed. arty:
                  (8) 400 AD: Yanks build Great Wall. Straycoco Settlers-->phalanx.
                  (9) 420 AD: Warrenville Settlers-->phalanx. Completion of home continent effectively done; no other civs found yet.
                  (10) 440 AD: Diplomat lands on hut on eastern island, pops barbs , runs like hell back onto boat.
                  (11) 460 AD: zzz
                  (12) 480 AD: Rushed settlers in Antlergrad. German trireme sighted in the north, but can't get any contact from it.

(13) 500 AD: Antlergrad settlers-->temple. Oldetown trireme-->library.
                  (14) 520 AD: Lafayette temple-->marketplace.
                  (15) 540 AD: Governor in Antlergrad rehired.
                  Attached Files

Comment

All these royal cousins and bástards we have to "hire" as governors—nepotism and inbreeding will be the downfall of our glorious empire.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I have the save & will start round two today (or tomorrow. )

Comment

This ruleset is designed for fast play -- only 2 cities to manage, plus a bit of watchfulness to prevent problems among the auto-govs.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Open the save at 560 & discover that the Greeks now have the Great Library, so Doldrums is now saving shields for some other Wonder.

(1) 560 -- Slowville reconsiders the build & switches to a temple. Meet the Americans -- give away Mon, 100g, HBR for peace.

(2) 580 -- Slowville builds a temple, starts a dip.

(3) 600 -- Move a few citizens to work better spaces.

(4) 620 -- Hut in the South gives us Wheel.

(5) 640 -- Toofaraway blows up (elvis hired)

(6) 660 -- Toofaraway recovers.

(7) 680 -- Discover Trade -- opt for Rep over Con, Math, Myst, Poly, WC; WLtKD ends in Oldetown, now at size 5

(8) 700 -- (Russia starts Copes)

(9) 720 -- Hut in south yields 50g. Approching barbarian Archer (now two spaces away from Tatooine causes the ruler to switch production to a horse(rushed) then a chariot (rushed).

(10) 740 -- Oldetown Settler joins back in -- Oldetown can now work ten shields per turn. Chariot slays barbarian, Tatooine goes back to domestic advisor. Slowville back on domestic advisor.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm I play, I step out for vacation & the ball drops. Oh well, it is a lazy summer after all.

Play order:

Old n Slow
                            atomant (MIA)
                            Straybow
                            obiwan18
                            Bob_Smurf42
                            Jrabbit
                            La Fayette
                            Vlad Antlerkov

Ten turns each, please.

Comment

There was an atomant sighting on another thread in this forum today. Maybe he'll pick up the ball...

Welcome back, BTW...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'll wait a couple days to see if atomant shows up.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X