Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gyathaar
    I had set up my email address in game.. but I received no email about the next turn starting...
    Same here.

Comment

• Played my turn about 10 minutes ago, took a break, came back - and now there is a warning window...

Warning!
      Player 6 has logging enabled.
      Verify that this is a trusted player.

Can someone explain what this is all about, plse and thx.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It's about the player having logging turned on in his INI file .

Oh, I also received no Pitboss email, I believe.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Sorry about not ending the previous turn. I didn't realize I had to press enter!

Trying to login now. Cannot connect to TotoXI because of Firewall issue. I guess I'll wait a bit and try again.

Comment

• Beta, are you positive Warlords v208 is on your firewall exception list?

Originally posted by Gyathaar
            I had set up my email address in game.. but I received no email about the next turn starting...
            Neither did I.
            I'll look into it on Monday. Maybe it has to do with simultaneous turns, or maybe I just didn't set it up properly.

Originally posted by vondrack
            If the previous turn gets played quicker than in 24 hours, then the deadline (it's absolute time of the day) can move.

Correct, Alex?
            Correct!

Comment

• Maybe it has to do with simultaneous turns

Si-turns are on for this game?

Always ironic when there are strange problems in a game with the Firaxis lead programmer and a bunch of testers .

Comment

• Bruce, check your router config, please. You are blocking me as well...

It's most probably not a firewall issue... but a routing one - you've got to forward port 2056/UDP on your router/modem to your machine, so that whenever someone else tries to establish a connection to you, packets are forwarded from your router (cable modem, right?) to your gaming machine.

If this is gibberish for you, just tell me, I will try to translate for you...

I believe this is why you cannot connect whenever there is another player already connected and vice versa - nobody can connect when you are already connected. I had the same problem at first, but forwarding 2056/UDP on my FortiGate fixed it for good.

Until you are able to fix it, do not stay ingame, please. Just play your turn and get out.

Comment

• Update... I have just been able to connect to the game, despite Beta being on... it's weird.

I believe we should bring it up to the devs... the game is apparently broken and only works at random times.

But seriously... it's kind of discouraging to see that it takes "a couple of attempts" to join a Pitboss game, because "a couple of attemps" may time out for no good reason... that it "sometimes doesn't work" and "sometimes it does"...

Gotta say that if it was not CIV, this piece of software would have already been uninstalled. And I'm not even mentioning yesterday where CIV froze on me so badly that I had to use the power button to restart my PC.

And no, I did not have all my work saved.
                  Last edited by vondrack; November 11, 2006, 15:54.

Comment

• For the record, I went through my second turn without any problems, connection or otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                      Beta, are you positive Warlords v208 is on your firewall exception list?
                      Positive? Me, positive about something like this.

So, what is currently allowed by my security program is:

Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe

There is no designation regarding v208, nor do I see another exe file with that designation. I did the patch update before I started trying to log into the game.

What is there is another exe file regarding the Pitboss:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords_PitBoss.exe

I will allow it access as well.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                        Bruce, check your router config, please. You are blocking me as well...

It's most probably not a firewall issue... but a routing one - you've got to forward port 2056/UDP on your router/modem to your machine, so that whenever someone else tries to establish a connection to you, packets are forwarded from your router (cable modem, right?) to your gaming machine.

If this is gibberish for you, just tell me, I will try to translate for you...
                        Please!

I believe this is why you cannot connect whenever there is another player already connected and vice versa - nobody can connect when you are already connected. I had the same problem at first, but forwarding 2056/UDP on my FortiGate fixed it for good.

Until you are able to fix it, do not stay ingame, please. Just play your turn and get out.
                        Yep, that is what I did. I know when I am not wanted.

Comment

• Reconfirmed my firewall exceptions, and included the pitboss.exe file, but still no luck in logging in. Continued to get time outs. 4 or 5 attempts. Finally got through.
                          Last edited by Beta; November 11, 2006, 17:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                            Bruce, check your router config, please. You are blocking me as well...

I am there, I think. I have redirected UDP 2056 to
                            IP Address: 192.168.2.12, which is my machine according to the device identifier in the router.

Now, will it work?

Nope. Still times out.

Hey. Maybe I'm not the problem.
                            Last edited by Beta; November 11, 2006, 19:50.

Comment

• What type of router do you have (brand)?
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Solver, I have a new install of Warlords... as in I uninstalled and then installed this. It doesn't keep assets folders when uninstalling, does it?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X