Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool!

With a few exceptions I believe so. I just hope I will last a few months!!!

Comment

I'm game. Random is the only civ for me.

Comment

I'm game, PBEM or Pitboss. (thanks for the pointer, Alex)

Random civ/leader for me, too, please.

Not that I'd be able to take a random civ and shine as Blake can... it's just that I remember nothing about civ traits, starting techs, and whatnot... that's why random.

Or, if random is taken , make it Saladin for me. I... eee... kind of like his leaderhead.

EDIT: hmm, I may be late, after all - if that's the case, just ignore me.

Comment

I may be late as well, in which case maybe we should get a group together for a second game. Or are you up for two Alex?
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I dont think the game has started yet (atleast I havent received any info about how to join the game..)

Comment

Game launching now on Gamespy!
              Game name: Teach Alexman
              Password: password

Player 1: Snoopy369 - Mansa Musa - Mali
              Player 2: Andydog - Augustus - Rome
              Player 3: Alexman - Shaka Zulu - Zulus
              Player 4: Sir Ralph - Hannibal - Carthage
              Player 5: Tassadar - Victoria - England
              Player 6: Gyathaar - Random - Random (Kublai)
              Player 7: Solver - Random - Random (Tokugawa)
              Player 8: Kirkenix - Ragnar - Vikings
              Player 9: Blake - Random - Random (Brennus)
              Player 10: vondrack - Random- Random (Hatshepsut)
              Player 11: Beta - Random- Random (Peter)

Come claim your spot by setting a password, etc

Don't forget to set your e-mail address in-game so you get notifications.
              Last edited by alexman; November 10, 2006, 12:10.

Comment

Failed to contact peer Alexman..
                This player may not have his firewall environment properly configured...

Fix it!

Comment

OK now?
                  You have logging enabled, by the way. I hope you are a trusted player

Comment

Yeah I can't get on either. [edit, can now]

But Alex, to host a pitboss game you need to do it via Direct IP Connection. You then need to provide us with a direct IP address and password, so we can log in and out as required.

Comment

Edit, after reading your edit

In Pitboss the AI will take over only if you get kicked. Direct IP, Internet it doesn't matter.

Comment

edit after your edit,

cool.
                        Last edited by Andydog; November 10, 2006, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                          OK now?
                          You have logging enabled, by the way. I hope you are a trusted player
                          I got into the game, but dunno if you were online at the time, so dont know if it was fixed.. is there a way to tell if someone is online?

As for logging.. am sure both you and me could get full map, unit, etc info directly from the save file without even looking at the log files

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                            Edit, after reading your edit

In Pitboss the AI will take over only if you get kicked. Direct IP, Internet it doesn't matter.
                            I havent tried it myself, but I believe I have read that when hosting pitboss though gamespy the game will eventually just drop off the list or something (gamespy kicking the game due to inactivity or something I expect)

Comment

I had some troubles connecting, but eventually took Hatty. We will see if it was just my new shiny firewall needing few touches or if it's going to be such a pain every time.

EDIT: BTW... at first, I thought - hell, everybody was talking about how great Blake's AI is now when placing cities and there you go, the dumbhead will suggest founding my capital here... it took me a good minute to realize that the blue circle had fresh water...

Comment

Alex, I of course get the version mismatch error due to modded files. Is it enough to merely have the original files in Assets, or must I also remove all extra files from the folders - backups, txt notes to myself, etc? Finding the unmodded versions is getting a bit tricky .
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X