No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex, is there any hope of fixing the email reminders, or have you given up on them?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I just got a version mismatch error. I have not changed anything since it'd succeeded just an hour ago... ??
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Sorry, that's my fault. I'm in the process of switching servers.

Comment

• I am getting the file mismatch error now - haven't changed anything on my end (and was fine before the last Pitboss restart). Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: and now the game is gone...

EDIT#2: Ah, ok, waiting for your signal, alex.

Comment

• Go, I'll do it later

Comment

• Do I need to play my turn yet again (played the last one after you said "If you played your turn within the last hour or so, you'll probably have to play it again").

Comment

• Logged in first time again. Turn played.

I want my degree!
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Getting into the game OK now - usually on the first or second try. Just now it was the third.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• If it's not too much trouble, then it would indeed be very nice to be able to see who's connected to a Pitboss game when you're in it, for XP2. Another great feature would be for the game list in the lobby to display the current turn for Pitboss games. Like, "Teach Alexman! (6)"

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                      If it's not too much trouble, then it would indeed be very nice to be able to see who's connected to a Pitboss game when you're in it, for XP2. Another great feature would be for the game list in the lobby to display the current turn for Pitboss games. Like, "Teach Alexman! (6)"

Comment

• I will be on vacation until November 29, so I may not get a chance to actively play my turns until then. I'll try though.

Comment

• /me prepares a Warrior rush against Alex

Comment

• Enjoy, alex!

Comment

• Happy trails!

OK - MP game question. In a pitboss game such as this, is there the possibility of using the game timer to your advantage to make a double move. You want to sneak attack someone. You wait until everyone else has played their turn, to ensure you play last. When you play, and you move your troops forward, the turn advances. You are still logged in so you can play first, in effect making a double move. Is this possible, and if yes, has anyone suggested a 'rule' to disallow it in practice?

Or is this just one of those things you need to be aware of in MP pitboss games.

Comment

• I understand double moves like this are possible and allowed (you can effectively double-move even without going to extremes: if you take your turn X after your opponent and turn X+1 before him - which does not necessarily need to be at the turn advance moment - then you are effectively using a double-move against your opponent).

I don't think we should ban double-moves in this game. I believe it should be up to every player to decide if it's a honourable thing to do at a given moment or not.

I myself would consider it a cheesy play to wait long enough to be able to pull a double move like what you describe. Cheesy, but allowed. OTOH, I would have no problem effectively double-moving my opponent if there was a sufficient time between my moves (like, say, 12+ hours). I am not going to wait till past midnight my time just to give my opponent a fair chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X