Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vondrack

Hmmm... considering you earlier reports... let's try this: in the same way you forwarded 2056/UDP, forward 6500/TCP, too (it's a GameSpy port, might be needed). If it helps, cool. If not, just undo the change.

Just a wild guess...
    Did not help. I have tried numerous time sto get in - and lately with no one else in the game - and no luck.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack

After giving your setup some more thought, I think it will be best if you simply leave things as they are now and keep in mind that your CIV MP setup will work as long as your CIV machine IP address remains 192.168.2.12. In case of troubles, check your CIV machine IP first (if it's changed, update your port forwarding setup accordingly).
      OK. Will do.

I have the other router sitting in a box waiting to go.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Thought I had it. I shut down my entire security protection, and tried to log in. Got it on the first try. So, logged out ( should've played my turn) to try again. Have not been able to get logged in. But I have noticed that someone is in there. Figure it was only coincidence.

Protection back on.

Comment

• OK - tried it again - shut down the firewall et al, and with no one in the game I was able to get in and play.

Ended my turn, exited, and then thought I would see if I could get back in again. One other player was now in the game, and I could not get back in.

Signed: Confused in Canada.

Comment

• What exactly you did to "shut down your entire security protection"?

What was the error message when you could not connect with another player ingame? Couldn't connect to a peer? Or timed out connecting to the host?

Comment

• I would suggest trying the DLink router (if you can bypass the Speedstream and still have an internet connection - when I had a speedstream, it was a single piece and I couldn't use another router with the DSL without having the SS router in the way ...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm more than happy to host a test game btw, I'm here all night

In my limited experience with this sort of problem, I've pretty much always felt that the router itself was at fault.

I assume you mean you set your .2.12 IP address to DMZ when you say "shut down entire security protection"?

Comment

• I went into my security program - Sympatico btw (I may change ISP's as they do not make it easy to use other security software - I was running Norton prior to this), and simply turned off the firewall and the anti-virus facility.

The message was 'timed out connecting to host.'

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    I would suggest trying the DLink router (if you can bypass the Speedstream and still have an internet connection - when I had a speedstream, it was a single piece and I couldn't use another router with the DSL without having the SS router in the way ...
                    Yah, Snoop, I was looking at the connection, and it would seem that I will still need to have the Speedstream there for an internet connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                      I'm more than happy to host a test game btw, I'm here all night
                      Sounds good! Lets give it a try. If you set it up the same way as Alex did, but except for just the two of us, we should be able to isolate if the issue is at my end.

Comment

• No one was logged into the game; and with all my security facilities turned off, still got timed out on all my attempts.

Comment

• Out of town until tomorrow evening, but my turns are set.

Comment

• How does one set several turns ahead? Just with build/research queues? And unit movement?

Comment

• Alex, what's up with the reminder emails? I'm still to get any emails at all. So I don't even know if a new turn has started until I sign in.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                                How does one set several turns ahead? Just with build/research queues? And unit movement?
                                Indeed. Anything you set in a queue or GOTO will be done for you whether you log in or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X