No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about direct IP. I couldn't get it to work with our firewall earlier.

The names you see (Peter, Ragnar, etc) are just the unclaimed spots. If they were AI you would not see them, like we don't see Sir Ralph who retired and is currently an AI. Fortunately we have "take over AI" set so he will be able to reclaim his slot.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
      Hey Sir Ralph, did you retire by mistake? Why did the AI take over your slot?
      I didn't mean to retire, so yes, by mistake. First time at all that I play with pitboss. I don't know how to log out, since nothing happens when I end my turn ("Waiting for the other players"). Can I un-retire?

Comment

Yes, try to connect again to reclaim your civ. Fortunately we are playing with the "take over AI" option.

Comment

I guess this means I'm in. Thanks!

Peter is fine.

Now - does anyone know where the info on Warlords dual install is - or do I even need to bother with dual installs, or has that been fixed in civ4 as well?
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
            Now - does anyone know where the info on Warlords dual install is - or do I even need to bother with dual installs, or has that been fixed in civ4 as well?
            It's OK. Got my answer.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not gonna last long with such MP veterans here .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ok, I think I got it now. Reclaimed my civ. In case anyone wonders - Harovan is me. It's my usual nickname for RPGs and MMOGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Tech "crap" is one thing (and not one that I have a whole lot of patience or time for) ; game play is another.

Comment

Ok, I couldn't create a new account on Gamespy so I had to use my other name. Whatever I guess it doesn't matter.

I had no other problems and claimed Ragnar.

Game on!!!

Comment

I'm working on my patch which was having some odd troubles. Hopefully I'll have it fixed up in the next fifteen minutes or so.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                        ]

Don't worry Solver, you still have me around to beat up on

Comment

Okay, I played my turn. It gave me some complaint about the game files, though. Game thought it was 2.08, and there are NO mods installed as far as I know (I uninstalled the game a few times, so it should be kosher there) ...

Comment

Snoopy, I fixed the game file mismatch problem by deleting the Assets folder, putting the one from v200 instead, and then applying 208 on top of it. Make sure you don't have a modded DLL by chance.

Oh, and knowing my luck, I probably started next to some experienced and bloodthirsty player.

/me remembers his first Civ4 game vs. Friedrich

Comment

Alex, whom will those Pitboss reminder emails seem to be coming from? I'd like to know or else I suspect my mail filter might see them as spam...

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                                Keep trying, it happened to me once too, but then I connected without changing anything.
                                I decided to test this a bit and try to connect now.
                                First connect, timed out, 2nd connect timed out, 3rd attempt.. got in.. saw we were still on first turn and 2 players had not ended their turn.. exited to main menu
                                went back into gamespy lobby, connect failed, 2nd attempt.. got to the civ select screen.. from here I went back to gamespy lobby without picking a civ..

after that i have tried to connect around 20 times.. every time it has failed... have tried to restart game and everything.. I have a feeling something got messed up when I backed out from the civ select screen

Comment

Working...
                                X